EA Forums - Banner

not enough land space!

13Next

Replies

• Semi-related quick question: Out of all TO players, what percentage do you think have purchased every plot of land?

Considering how often you see threads/comments about people wanting more land, I'd imagine it's a significant # of players. I've always got a stockpile of cash to buy land when it comes free but this latest round of expansion has me set for at least a couple more events, not that I'd complain if the chance came to buy more and really open things up.
  • DaveF-2016 wrote: »
    I am nowhere near getting close to expensive land, so i'm saving up all mine until I reach that bottom right hand corner .... now watch them disappear after the event and EA say they were limited time or event only items or something :cry::unamused:

I assume you meant the land tokens expiring? I think someone (LPN maybe?) posted elsewhere that the tokens were here to stay, even if you didn't use them during this event. I think the fact they appear in permanent inventory (rather than just showing on the event inventory) if unused backs that up.
  • sflowers330
    644 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    That’s being unduly pessimistic. The game developers have never in the history of the game made land available on a limited-time basis.

I think he means the free land tokens.
  • That’s being unduly pessimistic. The game developers have never in the history of the game made land available on a limited-time basis.

I think he means the free land tokens.

Ahh, you’re probably right. (But the OP is still being too pessimistic. They’re not going to suddenly invalidate those.)

• Agree
  • Considering how often you see threads/comments about people wanting more land, I'd imagine it's a significant # of players.

This forum is not representative of TO players as a whole.

• This forum is not representative of TO players as a whole.

Link please.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • mdplayer90 wrote: »
    so basically i have to have for example my western town literally right next to another section of my city.. i cant really have any desert space or anything which is disappointing.. adding extra land is probably the easiest thing for the devs to do in this game.. why does it bother people if there is extra land for some people? i like having a big forest in my springfield

I sympathize with this - I like having natural areas also, so from the beginning I planned a large park (we would call it a "regional park" here) which contains a play area, Camp Krusty, the Springfield sign mountain and ski lift plus a Santa's Village area. My farmland is next to the mountains which progresses into the national park area, then moving away from the mountains blends into the desert and western town. Yes, I've had to shift them further out as more land becomes available. Those ugly SH buildings that all have to be out for the xp are clumped tightly together and stuck in the upper right corner so that I can move them easily farther away as land expands and I don't have to look at those eyesores because they don't generate anything to collect.

Anyhow that was my solution. Good luck with your planning :)

• Those ugly SH buildings that all have to be out for the xp are clumped tightly together and stuck in the upper right corner so that I can move them easily farther away as land expands and I don't have to look at those eyesores because they don't generate anything to collect.

Amen to that! I keep hoping for all the SH land to open up so I can shove those buildings so far into that top corner that I never have to scroll past them again :)
  • With the ability now to move entire sections of stuff, it's really helped me with my land issue. Try switching some areas around - it's likely that the first areas you built aren't as space-savvy as those you build when you got familiar with the game!
  • I got tired of having all the SH buildings out. It was just too much for me (speaking for myself), so the vast majority of them went into storage.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • Those ugly SH buildings that all have to be out for the xp are clumped tightly together and stuck in the upper right corner so that I can move them easily farther away as land expands and I don't have to look at those eyesores because they don't generate anything to collect.

Amen to that! I keep hoping for all the SH land to open up so I can shove those buildings so far into that top corner that I never have to scroll past them again :)

+1
  • Jonalinn wrote: »
    I got tired of having all the SH buildings out. It was just too much for me (speaking for myself), so the vast majority of them went into storage.

I feel the same way. I tried having them all out but stored them again after a couple of weeks. I just couldn't stand looking at them anymore.
  • I own all the land but I'm not using it all. I've found the area select tool to be a God-send and I use it to shift my town around when we get new land. This last increase allowed me to pull the edge of my town northwards. I spread out cramped areas, designed spaces for items I had in storage, incorporated event items, and it has still left me with empty blocks throughout. I've got just under half of the new land empty and ready for future items, it's just scattered throughout my town instead of isolated on the edges.

I've also got quite a few of the SH buildings incorporated into my town. I got tired of the jumble of ugly buildings and decided that I would only keep the ones out that I could design into my layout. Modern mansions and business centres work nicely with downtown buildings. Classic mansions have become fancy townhomes. Condos make a nice beach-front resort. The hardest ones to work with are the valet parking centres (I've only kept a few in town) and, as much as I'd love an aquarium, the exclusive resort. It doesn't have a multiplier though, so I'm not bothered by that. SH buildings work nicely for hiding wailing walls (90ish in town, all hidden) and tennis courts (100+, only 5 visible) too, so they look just like paying buildings and the space they occupy contributes quite a bit to my multiplier.

If you're struggling for space I'd try looking at your designs and asking if any of your blocks could be merged, if an area could be removed, or if a space could be used more efficiently. The area select tool makes shifting designs relatively simple - take advantage of it.