Day five ...
  • SpyderMan64
    18 posts
    edited February 2013
    Day Six. :(:(:(:(:(:(
  • pookieee168
    21 posts
    edited February 2013
    Try everything that edwardaggie9 did on 2.4.13, but instead of clicking on Continue, click on Cancel, log out, then log back in.

I was able to finally get back in today after a lot of trial and error on logging in and logging out at the right time during all the screen prompts.

Lost all my Level 26 purchases (wiggum house) along with the escalator, flower shop and ice cream shop i was buidling. But whatever. I'm back in. I can always play catch up.
  • Bobfire12345
    8 posts
    edited February 2013
    Day 6 ...... Still no response dal from EA..... Tried everything else so many times now its so annoying!!!
  • pledgemask
    5 posts
    edited February 2013
    Locked out all day. About to headbutt my iPad. Grrrrr
  • SpyderMan64
    18 posts
    edited February 2013
    Day Seven :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • edwardaggie9
    43 posts
    edited February 2013
    Day seven for me, and today I got a nice middle finger from the game - an alert on my iPad: "It's been a while! You should visit your Springfield!"

F--- you, I'd love to.

I submitted a ticket the other day and, of course, I've received nothing but the automatically generated "we got your email" reply. @bleuberrie3 over in another thread had a bad experience calling customer support - which is not at all surprising. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9283387.page
  • asadlersd42
    19 posts
    edited February 2013
    I know. I've lost count as well. I really don't get why they just can't knock us back to Level 25 or whatever we're supposed to be at with the other players who can play fine and be done with it. Can't believe they haven't even given a statement somewhere that they're at least trying to fix the problem.
    I'm with you it is really surprising that they haven't at least made a statement acknowledging this problem. With as many open tickets they must have you would think they could at least let us know they are doing something.
  • SpyderMan64
    18 posts
    edited February 2013
    Day Eight. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • edwardaggie9
    43 posts
    edited February 2013
    I FINALLY got a response from EA customer support. Naturally, none of the things they suggested actually worked, but it's a start. Here's what they said:
    Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I understand that you are experiencing connectivity issues with The Simpsons: Tapped Out and realize that you're very upset about this. Let us get this corrected so that you can get back to the game quickly. I have listed some steps for you.

a) Make sure your device has the latest software

Download the latest version of iTunes from http://www.apple.com/itunes.

Note: If you already have iTunes installed, open it and select Help > Check for Updates. Then install any available updates.

Sync your device to your computer (via USB cable), select your device in iTunes, and click the Update or Check for Updates button. Install the software update, if available.

b) If your device already has the latest software, try resetting your device

1. Hold down the sleep/wake button at the top of the device for a few seconds until the screen displays the message 'slide to power off.'

2. Power off the device by moving the slider.

3. Hold down the sleep/wake button again until the device powers back on.

4. When the home screen is displayed, relaunch the game.

c) Tap the App Store icon on your device and then tap the "Updates" tab on the bottom bar. Find The Simpsons: Tapped Out in that list and click on the "Update" button.

d) Other things to try

Make sure you have a preferred language set for your device under 'Settings -> General -> International -> Language.'

- Temporarily turn on airplane mode
    - Turn MobileMe sync off temporarily.
    - Temporarily disable email sync.
    - Remove any unnecessary apps.

I believe performing the steps should fix the issue for you. However, if the issue persists, please feel free to contact us back anytime and we will be glad to look into the issue further.

Some of my comments, which I wrote back to them:

It did not work in airplane mode (I assumed that you wanted me to turn on airplane mode yet keep wifi on, otherwise there is no internet connection to play the game). This did not work.

I'm not sure what you mean by turning off MobileMe sync; MobileMe doesn't exist anymore, it ceased in June 2012. Did you mean iCloud sync? If so, which part? All of it? Just "Documents and Data"? The iCloud backup? This is an important distinction, because turning off iCloud sync actually deletes files from one's iPad.

What is an "unnecessary app"? Should I delete any app I haven't used in the last month?
  • joaosmr
    2 posts
    edited February 2013
    I can't also enter in my Springfield for about 3 days!! C'mon this is ridiculous!!! I want my game back! Tried everything log off, reinstall app, restore iPad, tried in another device and nothing! Valentina's has limited time!! I'm really disappointed to EA since I'm a daily player for months!!!!

Hope EA gives more time or something else!!!
  • joaosmr
    2 posts
    edited February 2013
    I tried everything that says there and nothing! Our problem it's something about our accounts, 2 diferente devices run another account my mine don't! this problem is not out device problem!! EA This is YOUR problem! Solve and fast! Similar thing happened in christmas!, before release a game test it it!

I FINALLY got a response from EA customer support. Naturally, none of the things they suggested actually worked, but it's a start. Here's what they said:
    Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I understand that you are experiencing connectivity issues with The Simpsons: Tapped Out and realize that you're very upset about this. Let us get this corrected so that you can get back to the game quickly. I have listed some steps for you.

a) Make sure your device has the latest software

Download the latest version of iTunes from http://www.apple.com/itunes.

Note: If you already have iTunes installed, open it and select Help > Check for Updates. Then install any available updates.

Sync your device to your computer (via USB cable), select your device in iTunes, and click the Update or Check for Updates button. Install the software update, if available.

b) If your device already has the latest software, try resetting your device

1. Hold down the sleep/wake button at the top of the device for a few seconds until the screen displays the message 'slide to power off.'

2. Power off the device by moving the slider.

3. Hold down the sleep/wake button again until the device powers back on.

4. When the home screen is displayed, relaunch the game.

c) Tap the App Store icon on your device and then tap the "Updates" tab on the bottom bar. Find The Simpsons: Tapped Out in that list and click on the "Update" button.

d) Other things to try

Make sure you have a preferred language set for your device under 'Settings -> General -> International -> Language.'

- Temporarily turn on airplane mode
    - Turn MobileMe sync off temporarily.
    - Temporarily disable email sync.
    - Remove any unnecessary apps.

I believe performing the steps should fix the issue for you. However, if the issue persists, please feel free to contact us back anytime and we will be glad to look into the issue further.

Some of my comments, which I wrote back to them:

It did not work in airplane mode (I assumed that you wanted me to turn on airplane mode yet keep wifi on, otherwise there is no internet connection to play the game). This did not work.

I'm not sure what you mean by turning off MobileMe sync; MobileMe doesn't exist anymore, it ceased in June 2012. Did you mean iCloud sync? If so, which part? All of it? Just "Documents and Data"? The iCloud backup? This is an important distinction, because turning off iCloud sync actually deletes files from one's iPad.

What is an "unnecessary app"? Should I delete any app I haven't used in the last month?
  • Bobfire12345
    8 posts
    edited February 2013
    EA is at fault here. I've got the latest updates, I've tried re-installing more than once, I've logged in and out a few times-everything. EA stop * and sort if our, or refund our donut money
  • enduser420
    2 posts
    edited February 2013
    How much longer will it be before the game is back online
  • SpyderMan64
    18 posts
    edited February 2013
    Day Nine :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • asadlersd42
    19 posts
    edited February 2013
    enduser420 wrote:
    How much longer will it be before the game is back online
    I hope soon this is getting really old.
  • SpyderMan64
    18 posts
    edited February 2013
    Day Ten. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • NStanger91
    1358 posts New member
    edited February 2013
    Day 7 for me, the bad thing is the longer it takes the less I feel I'll want to carry on when it does come back :-(
  • SpyderMan64
    18 posts
    edited February 2013
    Day Eleven. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • asadlersd42
    19 posts
    edited February 2013
    Finally got a response from ea, same response as someone posted before. Thy are obviously just sending out a textbook response that doesn't help. Hopefully they are actually looking for a solution and not believing that their response solutions will actually fix this. I also hope they will be compensating us for the valentines items we are missing, if not they are even worse than I thought.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.