EA Forums - Banner

Layers to the game

Love STO...

Just throughing it out there... like Krusty Land is to Springfield, it would be cool to see other branches, layers to the game.

Currently the rocket and yellow submarine, and now airport, just collect things. It would be cool if they launched to a space station user defined layout, under water and other towns respectfully.

Thoughts?

Replies

• adruralo
    3281 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Other layers to the game such as Krusty land hasn't really been popular due to the extra work involved. Quite a few forum members ignore it or seldom go.
    Though the underwater theme sounds quite good.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • It's unpopular because they have done feck all with it......it is minimal at best for its potential, now if they held a event like we are having now, that got rides, booths, etc, then it would get paid attention to more
  • The big beef many people have with Krustyland is the time it takes to load when you transition. I don't see them setting up any similar expansions because of the general dislike of Krustyland, although if they would let up put the massive amount of items in inventory many of us have in Krustyland it would be great.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • It's unpopular because they have done feck all with it......it is minimal at best for its potential, now if they held a event like we are having now, that got rides, booths, etc, then it would get paid attention to more

When it was first released lots of players complained about having to wait for it to load as it took to long so they sort of stopping development of it for quite some time, then I guess they thought they would try to get player's interested in Krustyland again with the Princess Penelope update and again all the haters descended on the forum complaining again about loading times and having to wait for the area to load so after that it appears that the developer's decided to forget that Krustyland exists and just leave it to collect dust alalthough there are lots of people who love Krustyland the haters seem to have a louder voice so don't expect anything new for Krustyland in the near future
    (I don't work for EA so my post about the reason for the abandonment of Krustyland is just my own opinion based purely on my best guess as to what happened to it)
  • cheeseynibbles
    31 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Yeah, I do agree with the load times, that didn't help, but ya gotta agree that once ya done the questions, place this, place that etc, ya sort of end up twiddling ya thumbs at the how limited you are in attractions etc, to build up a park, if I paid entry to Krusty land, I would be asking for me money back, haha

They should unlock placements, ie, put anything on boardwalk, boardwalk items in main area, Krusty items in main area, I mean , if they are not going to progress the place, let us place attractions on boardwalk, build up a Coney Island/ Blackpool pier type thing
  • ^ I agree. I think the only problem with KL is that you can't put anything there. You get a few items to place, but that's it. So it becomes pointless. There is nothing else you can do there so people stop going.
    I think there should be absolutely no restrictions on where decorations can go. What difference does it make where we put decorations? It's all just pixels on a screen.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    ^ I agree. I think the only problem with KL is that you can't put anything there. You get a few items to place, but that's it. So it becomes pointless. There is nothing else you can do there so people stop going.
    I think there should be absolutely no restrictions on where decorations can go. What difference does it make where we put decorations? It's all just pixels on a screen.

^^this
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • Krustyland is unpopular because it's a barren wasteland of disappointment. I only go there for sideshow you.
  • I only go there when my daily challenge is collect krustyland ticket
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • I only go if the daily challenge earns donuts. Otherwise, no.
  • I only go there when my daily challenge is collect krustyland ticket

Me too! That's the only reason why I visit KL.
  • lukeout007 wrote: »
    Krustyland is unpopular because it's a barren wasteland of disappointment. I only go there for sideshow you.

^^^ This! :D
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    ^ I agree. I think the only problem with KL is that you can't put anything there. You get a few items to place, but that's it. So it becomes pointless. There is nothing else you can do there so people stop going.

^^this
    ^^ditto
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • Now.... If they let me put anything in KL things would be different.

For example multiplier items
  • Now.... If they let me put anything in KL things would be different.

For example multiplier items

There are a couple but not many. I really wish some of the KL items were available to be used in SF. Like the duff guys
  • Town 'layers', like Krustyland, only work if they're kept up. And EA has not kept up with Krustyland so why would we expect they'd do so with any other layered expansion?

I have a long list of things I'd like to see happen with Krustyland. But, barring continual updates, the only thing that wouldn't leave us with a forgotten land is to remove the restrictions on placing items there. Right now it's underused because there are little to no options. Krustyland items are few, Springfield items that can be placed there are even fewer, and no new items are released. I was so excited that the Maggie quest-line sent us to Krustyland, but I'd appreciate it a lot more if it was given some developer attention beyond the occasional dialogue joke.
  • I'd love to be able to move some of the more silly themed sections of my town to Krustyland (like my candyland and duff resort), but KL hasn't had an update in an age.

While I think a space area would probably be quite popular (lots of space, future and techy items we already have would fit in there) I doubt it's likely to happen, unfortunately. And I'm always a sucker for underwater themes in general, but that would need a whole lot of new content, without any real canon to tie it to. Have we ever had an Atlantis-esque episode in the show?
  • I'd love to be able to move some of the more silly themed sections of my town to Krustyland (like my candyland and duff resort), but KL hasn't had an update in an age.

While I think a space area would probably be quite popular (lots of space, future and techy items we already have would fit in there) I doubt it's likely to happen, unfortunately. And I'm always a sucker for underwater themes in general, but that would need a whole lot of new content, without any real canon to tie it to. Have we ever had an Atlantis-esque episode in the show?

I had to wind up building my own theme park in Springfield for the weirder items. It's huge.
    What part of "unsolicited friend requests are all denied" do you NOT get?
  • Also, to improve KL more characters need to have jobs there.
    "We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.