EA Forums - Banner

Item limit?

Can anyone please tell me what the item limit is? I've read lots of posts saying 'ive hit the item limit'. I've been playing nearly 5 years now, I've got a western area a future area, ton of buildings and lots of decorations out ie trees bushes benches bins etc and it's all neat not just plonked anywhere but I've never had a warning and I'm worried it might just happen?

Replies

• They have been slowly raising it recently by 100 items each time, I believe it's now 9800? You will start to receive ingame notices when you near the limit. Or even way before, depending on your device, because it warns you about how many items to keep it under for your device to run with max efficiency.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • I hit it the other day. Went through the town deleting hidden fences and spacing some trees out a bit more and now under the 9250 warning.
  • One of my neighbors hit the limit last month at 9400.
  • Jonalinn
    1806 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm right below 10k and get warnings every few days. You can read more here: https://forums.ea.com/en/discussion/93070/3rd-time-ive-recd-this-notice-this-week/p1
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • Not sure if they just raised the limit but anyways I tested this by buying shrubs and the item limit is now at 9499. Did this with two different devices with different amount of ram and the result was the same. Did this because I've heard speculation about the limit being related to device specs but it is not.
  • Jonalinn
    1806 posts Member
    Not sure if they just raised the limit but anyways I tested this by buying shrubs and the item limit is now at 9499. Did this with two different devices with different amount of ram and the result was the same. Did this because I've heard speculation about the limit being related to device specs but it is not.

The item limit has to be higher than 9499?
  • Jonalinn wrote: »
    Not sure if they just raised the limit but anyways I tested this by buying shrubs and the item limit is now at 9499. Did this with two different devices with different amount of ram and the result was the same. Did this because I've heard speculation about the limit being related to device specs but it is not.

Got a warning at 9350, bought additional shrubs and when i hit the limit i sold the additional ones. Got the regular warning; this will sell 149 items and 0 characters....

At least this is how it was for me on both devices.
  • Jonalinn
    1806 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Jonalinn wrote: »

Got a warning at 9350, bought additional shrubs and when i hit the limit i sold the additional ones. Got the regular warning; this will sell 149 items and 0 characters....

Thanks @hapanhapan273 ... I get the ultimate "max" notice a few times a week :/

• Jonalinn wrote: »
    Jonalinn wrote: »

Thanks @hapanhapan273 ... I get the ultimate "max" notice a few times a week :/

I know the feeling :/