EA Forums - Banner

An evil thought...

Prev13
wadebear
4139 posts Member
So yesterday I was playing the Insanity Cauldron game and won a Pumpkin Patch and got the congratulations message. And the thought popped into my head: What if in addition to prizes that help you in the game there were also 'anti-prizes'? Things that hurt you.
Things that reduced your Conform-O-Meter ratings, cut down your multiplier, increased your odds of winning more anti-prizes, decreased your odds of winning good prizes, etc. And what if they were unique, highly sought after things like Sarah Wiggum, Just Stamp the Ticket Guy, (um, all I can think of off hand but I'm sure there are plenty)?
And what if you couldn't store or sell these things (unless you had to PAY donuts to sell them)? Or if you could only pass them on to neighbors with towns above a certain level (like 600 or so) so you couldn't just create a dumping ground town, make it your neighbor, then toss them there?
Sometimes I realize that it's a good thing I'm not actually evil. And don't work for EA.

Replies

• bluntcard
    3944 posts Member
    no...
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Yes...
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • Blaaah...don't give them ideas like that!! :D
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • Wouldn't say you're not actually evil, but very glad you don't work for ea >:)
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • wadebear
    4139 posts Member
    bluntcard wrote: »
    no...

No what? I'm not suggesting it be done, just relating an evil thought that popped into my head about the game.
  • Well that's one way to kill a game off.
  • bluntcard
    3944 posts Member
    How about a 50/50 button of chance, 50% chance you win donuts for life or your town is nuked?
  • Now I say it....
    No.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • Grumple
  • @Moxiee suggested a "take away donuts option a LONG time ago.. :|

Not sure it was a hit then..
  • Well that's one way to kill a game off.

Pretty much. I'm fairly certain a huge section of the player base would quit almost immediately, and a lot more would lose any interest in paying donuts for items that might get taken away.
  • wadebear wrote: »
    I'm not suggesting it be done, just relating an evil thought that popped into my head about the game.

I still want them to release a 200-donut invisible NPC character just to see how many people actually buy it. If you happen to tap on any of the invisible pixels that comprise it then it would make a sound or briefly take a visible form etc
  • It might work in Krustyland.
  • bluntcard
    3944 posts Member
    wadebear wrote: »
    I'm not suggesting it be done, just relating an evil thought that popped into my head about the game.

I still want them to release a 200-donut invisible NPC character just to see how many people actually buy it. If you happen to tap on any of the invisible pixels that comprise it then it would make a sound or briefly take a visible form etc

I would buy that.
  • I'm not sure I like how your mind works @wadebear :o;)
  • bluntcard wrote: »

I would buy that.

We already have one of those..that evil elf when he's out of his box.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member

I would buy that.

I just found mine. He was sitting next to my insanity cauldron.
  • meinaz wrote: »

I would buy that.

I just found mine. He was sitting next to my insanity cauldron.

:D:D:D ...
  • It might be an April Fools event
    "We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.
  • @Moxiee suggested a "take away donuts option a LONG time ago.. :|

Not sure it was a hit then..

TSTO has that. It's called the mystery box.