EA Forums - Banner

New Update

Replies

• Jonalinn
    1807 posts Member
    DaveF-2016 wrote: »
    Jonalinn wrote: »
    I dont get why people assume a quick store update fix automatically means something. They can release an update to fix smh without updating the game

Sorry for being dumb, but what does smh mean... i'm reading that as an update to fix shaking my head?? :confused:

SMH = shake my head

I thought so, but it doesn't seem to make sense in the context of the sentence, that's why I was querying it :)

He might be using it to refer to something else? In that case, I'm with you... I don't understand what it means in that context.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2326 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    LPLeach wrote: »
    Raining tacos. Bah. I want raining watermelons.

If he'd have said "raining Lucky Charms™"then we might have believed him ... :p
  • Smh is something abbreviated. Also its not an event simply cause a. 22for30 is not over and also b. no server update is up. And c. No teaser on fb.
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Smh is something abbreviated.

Thank you for the clarification
  • Jonalinn
    1807 posts Member
    Smh is something abbreviated. Also its not an event simply cause a. 22for30 is not over and also b. no server update is up. And c. No teaser on fb.

Thanks for clearing that up @LPNintendoITA ! :) I must admit though, I've never known SMH to be an abbreviation for the word "something".
  • hudd24
    328 posts Member
    We will most probably get St Patrick's Day tomorrow. Normally big events hit on weds end on tues and small updates start weds end weds
  • The episode tie-in doesn't end until tomorrow.
  • bluntcard
    4041 posts Member
    I dont get why people assume a quick store update fix automatically means something. They can release an update to fix smh without updating the game

Well, for starters, we don't have access to the files like you do, so one can only assume that an update means an update. Why you have access the the files is another story. Get off your high horse.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • what i mean is its not an update with new icon and splashscreen. also i just checked. ios and kindle just updated to the version android has since DS Takedown.
  • DaveF-2016 wrote: »
    Smh is something abbreviated.

giphy.gif
  • DaveF-2016 wrote: »
    Smh is something abbreviated.

giphy.gif

:open_mouth::open_mouth: ...... :joy:
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6390 posts Moderator

LPN, have a little consideration. The majority of the members don't check files or anything like that. When an update hits, it's safe to assume that it could be new content. Don't assume that everyone should know what you know.
  • bluntcard wrote: »

Well, for starters, we don't have access to the files like you do, so one can only assume that an update means an update. Why you have access the the files is another story. Get off your high horse.

I'm sorry, but this seems rather snarky to me. LPNintendoITA does a lot for this board. He certainly isn't on any "high horse."
  • I dont get why people assume a quick store update fix automatically means something. They can release an update to fix smh without updating the game

LPN, have a little consideration. The majority of the members don't check files or anything like that. When an update hits, it's safe to assume that it could be new content. Don't assume that everyone should know what you know.

i hate what i wrote when my brain is disconnected. sorry bout that
  • Now that we've got that out of our system everyone, any clue on the purpose of the update since it did not have new content?
  • nissa762
    1950 posts Member

i hate what i wrote when my brain is disconnected. sorry bout that

A fair bit of us know you don't mean it like that, no worries.
  • Its just the St Pats day stuff.
  • rockyb2006 wrote: »
    Now that we've got that out of our system everyone, any clue on the purpose of the update since it did not have new content?

As LPN said, it is just an update for iOS and Kindle in order for them to 'catch-up' with something Android users got just after the last takedown...

My guess is it's probably making sure everything is right ready for the 22 for 30 tie-in ending tomorrow morning (GMT) and then some form of St. Patrick's themed thing later on or the next day ..
  • Jonalinn
    1807 posts Member
    rockyb2006 wrote: »
    Now that we've got that out of our system everyone, any clue on the purpose of the update since it did not have new content?

As LPN said, it is just an update for iOS and Kindle in order for them to 'catch-up' with something Android users got just after the last takedown...

My guess is it's probably making sure everything is right ready for the 22 for 30 tie-in ending tomorrow morning (GMT) and then some form of St. Patrick's themed thing later on or the next day ..

I might just be a bit cranky this afternoon, but...imo...this is rather sloppy. These 2 updates were quite a bit apart from one another. If you're running a gaming company, updates should be available for both android and apple devices simultaneously :/
  • @Deadshot_DCU and @bluntcard

I appreciate the support. When an update hits, I don't run through every website that could possibly contain Tapped Out info, like some people do. I come here and that's as far as it goes. I didn't see a thread about the update and thought others might be curious as well.

@LPNintendoITA

I also appreciate when someone realizes they're in the wrong and perhaps came off as rude. Thanks.

Happy tapping, troops.