EA Forums - Banner

TSTO -REMOVED- from China

Replies

• steeeeevooooo
    19 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    petehd14 wrote: »
    The last event should be Delaware-themed.

"I wanna see Wilmington!"
    "I wanna see a car door factory!"
    My mom says I'm cool.
  • HMGaga
    171 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    168sean168 wrote: »
    Could it be the Japanese tourist? The boy is dressed in Chinese outfit doing a Japanese theme :)

nah, South Korean are the current target of Chinese, who knows who will be the next target tho...
  • I am a loyal Chinese player, I have a strong feeling of the game.
  • vibra5
    337 posts Member
    PaPaING wrote: »
    I am a loyal Chinese player, I have a strong feeling of the game.

I'm sorry, I wish I could spend the next updates ...

:(
  • heyababy47428
    1041 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    The “new” regulation is not exactly new. The Government body State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television (SAPPRFT) has always made it its business to manage the content consumed by the citizens of China since 1986.
    Once mobile content has been reviewed and deemed suitable for Chinese citizens, it will be issued a Publication Number.
    Who can I apply for the Publication Number?
    Only a Chinese entity with the Commercial ICP License will be able to apply for the Publication Number. Foreign developers looking to apply for the Publication Number for their game will need to work with such a partner.
    Chinese law now requires online games to secure an approval number from the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film, and Television.

-snatched this from a longer article, basically if you want a game on the Chinese market, you have to partner with one of their developers/distributors so they can get a slice of the action. In fact the article sited that over 90% of content sold on the Chinese app market is domestically produced, compared with about 46% for the US market being domestically produced. Apps that were already on the market when the law took effect have a sort of exemption, but the duration of the exemption is unclear. So instead of partnering with a Chinese company to produce their version of Tapped Out, EA just said "no, thanks".
    Post edited by heyababy47428 on
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    In Soviet China you don't play Tapped Out.

...That's it. You just don't play the game. It ain't Russia.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • PaPaING wrote: »

Awesome! Welcome to the forums!
  • hope Hong Kong is not affected
  • Thank you for the posting the additional info @heyababy47428
    Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
  • PaPaING wrote: »

Sorry that EA pulled the plug. I can imagine the strong feeling you may have.
  • So heard this on BBC news today:

Facial recognition software being installed at the Gate of Heaven in bathrooms to keep people from stealing toilet paper.

I dunno, just made me think of this thread.
  • I remembered the case of a video captured of senior Chinese man taking serviette in bulk from McDonald Singapore and was featured in the news. Mc Donalds Singapore has changed its operation since then and serviette will only be provided at the counter
  • When I was in Italy I had to buy to on the way in, 75 lire for 3squares! I bought extra to bring home and carried tissue in my back pack from that moment on lol (was at the train station in Napoli. :)
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • When I was in Italy I had to buy to on the way in, 75 lire for 3squares! I bought extra to bring home and carried tissue in my back pack from that moment on lol (was at the train station in Napoli. :)

Oh yeah when I went to US, I was surprised that I need to pay for sauces to go with my fries at a fast food. Can't remember which one.
  • bluntcard
    3954 posts Member
    Just don't remove China from TSTO. I like my lanterns.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • AARONRTD
    1805 posts Member
    When I was in Italy I had to buy to on the way in, 75 lire for 3squares! I bought extra to bring home and carried tissue in my back pack from that moment on lol (was at the train station in Napoli. :)

Oh yeah when I went to US, I was surprised that I need to pay for sauces to go with my fries at a fast food. Can't remember which one.

Mc D$nalds. X-tra stuff = x-tra $$$$$
    I'm sooooo tired of Mcy D's
    Go to Burger King and get it you way.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    Most of the major ones have tried it. It's a godawful policy. Me and my pet peeve are moving to Canada.

• This thread has gone from censorship to toilet paper.
  • doh1886 wrote: »
    This thread has gone from censorship to toilet paper.

I totally see the relationship.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    They're wiping their bums with the constitution (or whatever they have)?