EA Forums - Banner

EA! We need more Pavements, soil & road options :) VOTE HERE!! ____________________________________

Prev1345
10 to zero it looks like

Replies

• gazzajay
    327 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'd rather at the next update they added these than new buildings tbh
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'd at least like dirt road options as well as the ability to lay sidewalk without having to put down road. Also it would be nice if I could lay pavement in more than just a 5x5 square. As that would resolve at least PART of the sidewalk issue.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    What I would MOST like to see is sidewalks (the sides of the road where characters walk) that are 1x1 that the characters would follow. Those could make a path to the front door or entrance of any building placed away from the street.

I would also like to see smaller pavement and river options (either 1x1 or 2x2). Dirt and gravel would be pretty far down on my list of wants though.
  • gchelf01
    239 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    A road with no sidewalk attached so our parking lots can have entrances
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    What I would MOST like to see is sidewalks (the sides of the road where characters walk) that are 1x1 that the characters would follow. Those could make a path to the front door or entrance of any building placed away from the street.

I would also like to see smaller pavement and river options (either 1x1 or 2x2). Dirt and gravel would be pretty far down on my list of wants though.

As long as we're wishing, I'd like to see water round edges, so every river and lake didn't have to be squared.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited February 2013
    the ability to change the size of the pavement is what i want most and i wouldn't mind adding more types of walkways.
    I really like the flooring under the tables it would be cool to have pathway to have
  • Dannesand
    434 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    gazzajay wrote:
    I'd rather at the next update they added these than new buildings tbh

Yeah I would like that too. And I mean it would be a very simple add-on to the game since its just a simple ground texture.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    the ability to change the size of the pavement is what i want most and i wouldn't mind adding more types of walkways.
    gchelf01 wrote:
    dcline414 wrote:

TRTX84 wrote:
    the ability to lay sidewalk without having to put down road. Also it would be nice if I could lay pavement in more than just a 5x5 square. As that would resolve at least PART of the sidewalk issue.
    So I think we're all wanting the same thing here. The "roads" appear to be 4x4, made up of 2 squares of pavement with one square of sidewalk on either side:

image.jpg

If they took away the 4x4 "roads" and "pavement" we have now and instead gave us 2x2 pavement and 1x1 sidewalk, we could recreate "roads" but could also do a lot more with the sidewalks and pavement. And then you could put decorations in the "road" since it would really just be pavement.

Problem solved. Now we just need the developers to implement it in the next update!
  • Dannesand
    434 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    gchelf01 wrote:
    dcline414 wrote:

TRTX84 wrote:
    the ability to lay sidewalk without having to put down road. Also it would be nice if I could lay pavement in more than just a 5x5 square. As that would resolve at least PART of the sidewalk issue.
    So I think we're all wanting the same thing here. The "roads" appear to be 4x4, made up of 2 squares of pavement with one square of sidewalk on either side:

image.jpg

If they took away the 4x4 "roads" and "pavement" we have now and instead gave us 2x2 pavement and 1x1 sidewalk, we could recreate "roads" but could also do a lot more with the sidewalks and pavement. And then you could put decorations in the "road" since it would really just be pavement.

Problem solved. Now we just need the developers to implement it in the next update!

Then lets bump this and make them see it. We enough people have seen this and voted, EA might react.
  • Dannesand
    434 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    bumpeli dumpeli
  • Jopa79
    357 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    dcline already mentioned it, but I'd also like to have an option for water that's 1 or 2 squares wide.
  • TWANINOMICON
    30 posts
    edited February 2013
    They seriously need to add tons of decorations, it's really hard creating a cool town when the only options you have are a hundred trees and bushes! That's why we have to use optical illusions to make what we want. gravel roads, sand, ext would be awesome but we definitely need more than just trees and benches.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6390 posts Moderator
    edited February 2013
    This is something I have wanted since I started the game last march. It would seriously get my creative juices flowing lol
  • coffret_do
    144 posts
    edited February 2013
    sidewalks would be nice. Maybe have different size of pavements. And if they do expand to the waterfront area, boardwalks would be nice too. :D
  • RubyLDaniels
    47 posts
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:

I'd also prefer more variety in sizing for the pavement and water as well. If and when we get more ground options, I'd want to see tar, gravel, sand, and blue grass added.
  • gazzajay
    327 posts
    edited February 2013
    0 votes for no after 72 votes, now that's a good suggestion ;)
  • philieb
    931 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Also on my wish list is to be able to place the road, pavement, or water anywhere I want instead of every four spaces.
  • Dannesand
    434 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Morning Bump. Keep voting guys. I'm gonna send EA this thread when we get enough votes. If enough peaple wants this then maybe they will act.
  • Dannesand
    434 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    bump
  • whatUsaid82
    76 posts
    edited February 2013
    Voted

It seems so easy to do. Look at the ground textures we already have with some buildings. The paver look at the dog track.

I want curved sections of path roads and water.

One update ( maybe earth day) could be devoted to decos.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.