EA Forums - Banner

How old are you, and when did you start watching The Simpsons?

Prev13456
A post in another thread about a reference to something from a tv show that I got but someone else didn't got me wondering on the age group playing this game. I will assume that anyone playing this game has seen The Simpsons tv show.

I've watched from the very beginning. I can clearly remember watching those first few episodes. I just turned 38, so I was around 9 or 10 years old. I'm not much of a phone game player, but I had to have this game, since The Simpsons is one of my favorite shows. I still watch to this day! Sure, it's not as funny or memorable, but I laugh enough to keep tuning in Sunday nights. Feel free to share your story if interested.

Replies

• I go back to the beginning. Tracy Ulman. Wow that was a long time ago!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • From the beginning on The Tracy Ullman show. Many, many years ago.
  • wadebear
    3943 posts Member
    I was 23 when the Tracy Ullman show first aired you young whippersnapper!
  • rockyb2006 wrote: »
    A post in another thread about a reference to something from a tv show that I got but someone else didn't got me wondering on the age group playing this game. I will assume that anyone playing this game has seen The Simpsons tv show.

I've watched from the very beginning. I can clearly remember watching those first few episodes. I just turned 38, so I was around 9 or 10 years old. I'm not much of a phone game player, but I had to have this game, since The Simpsons is one of my favorite shows. I still watch to this day! Sure, it's not as funny or memorable, but I laugh enough to keep tuning in Sunday nights. Feel free to share your story if interested.

I never like to say I am "xx" years old....instead, I say I am level 34. :D Sounds so much better to me lol. And I'm right there with you OP, I have watched since the beginning. While life tends to draw me away from watching religiously, I do catch up on episodes when I get in a binge fest mood
  • From the beginning, @wadebear I was 23 when I started watching as well :mrgreen:
    D'oh!!
  • I'm level 41.
    When simpsons stared there was some lag From USA tv and Brazil tv. I think the fist time I saw Bart and his crew was on a Nintendo game, 1991.
  • I've been watching since the first season. I was about 6 at the time.
  • 31. Right when it started in italy. Played this game since day1
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • I started watching the Simpsons during the first season, I was 13. Great now I feel old lol
  • I'm not sure. According to wikipedia the Simpsons first aired in 1991 in The Netherlands. I do remember it was in the news because people thought Bart Simpson was a bad influence and The Simpsons was stupid. I hád to see it and it was love at first sight.

Oh yeah, level 40 (love that, thanks CO-Wifey0224!!)
  • I was 23 when I first saw The Simpsons on the Tracy Ullman Show.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I'm not really sure how old I was. My dad watched the show, so I would watch with him. My mom didn't really want me watching it, but as long as I watched with him, she didn't stop me.
  • johncolombo
    11382 posts Senior Moderator
    I started with Tracey Ullman. I can't remember if I watched that show because of Tracey or Julie Kavner. I used to watch Rhoda being a big fan of MTM.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2323 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I started with Tracey Ullman. I can't remember if I watched that show because of Tracey or Julie Kavner. I used to watch Rhoda being a big fan of MTM.
    Ironically, this was my first taste of the Simpsons as well, despite being in the UK... it was on a small cable channel and I watched it because of Tracey, she was funny in a few things here in the 80's when I was growing up, girls on top was a classic in my eyes and to this day I still have the theme tune to the Tracey Ullman show (They don't know) on my phone and listen to it occasionally...

Anyway, that was my first taste of the Simpsons and I stuck with it for about 21 years or so and whilst my daughter took over the obsession I seem to have strayed away from it, mind you, I do occasionally watch odd episodes with her, I have ways of getting the new episodes quicker than Sky and one way or another have every episode ever made at my disposal... be it DVD's in limited edition cases, making a rare trip to the cinema to watch the movie and still buy it on DVD or buy certain bits of 'franchise' like pyjama's for me and other little trinkets and bits... The absolute favourite was a car ornament which had Homer shout out random things when you pressed a button, the amount of time my very young daughter would reach over at a red traffic light to see if she could get him to say "Red light turn greeeeen......now......ok now.......how about now.....woohoo it worked" in time with the light changing.... such things stick in my memory as good times...
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • My whole life. I honestly cannot remember a time without the Simpsons. It has shaped my humor and my world views so much it's almost disturbing..almost :D
  • rw228
    1055 posts Member
    I started at the beginning; I was six at the time. I find I pull out a quote from the first ten seasons at least once a day. Have played this game since the beginning.
  • I'm 46 now and been watching since Jan 1990, when season 1 started.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited April 2017

Yeah, this was me as well. Although I do recall why I started to watch The Tracey Ullman Show and it was not because of Ullman. Rather it was because I was at that point in time a fan of Matt Groening’s Life in H3ll.

• <
    70+ and counting...........level 939, playing TSTO for 2 years.

And yes, I can remember when there WAS no TV, let alone The Simpsons but I've been a Homer fan since it began in the early 90's.
    Level 939 (and holding)
    Yes, I'm a real fantasy author!
  • AARONRTD
    1807 posts Member
    Ah what a time 1987 watching FOX at 17 and the last episode had yet another reference to the original Simpsons