EA Forums - Banner

How to gain in-game cash since house farming is bust

Prev1
I been with this game since 2012 (man thats a long time to still have struggles of no in-game cash) i have a decent batch of blue houses to farm, but its not keeping up with the rate i spend. I dont intent to sell them, even the sell price gone up, thats suicide. Is there any other way to earn in-game cash?

Replies

• Crafting income-producing buildings, or housefarm with some of the other building colors (some should still be reasonably priced if you haven't bought many). Otherwise, look to increase your multiplier to increase the amount of money earned from your houses.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • rw228
    1059 posts Member
    I don't know how it would be starting now but I used to set one hour tasks and build up that way. It's a lot of logging in but the new set all
    function is great.
  • AARONRTD
    1819 posts Member
    I been with this game since 2012 (man thats a long time to still have struggles of no in-game cash) i have a decent batch of blue houses to farm, but its not keeping up with the rate i spend. I dont intent to sell them, even the sell price gone up, thats suicide. Is there any other way to earn in-game cash?

How have you played +/- as long as me house farm and $0?
    I don't house farm - my initial community purchase 4-5 colored houses, and have over $700,000,000 and can't imagine what was spent donut farming.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    To build on what @wiedmannaj wrote:
    Build a set of house farms of each color except Brown. Buy until you reach the maximum cost plateau for each. Once you have them all built and recovered your cash base start buying more Blue Houses (or whatever - the 3 hour Purple houses actually pay out more per day).
    I have a Freemium game I started about a year ago and I was stymied on how to build up my cash so I could KEM farm until I thought of doing that. Now I'm doing 35 KEMs every 4 hours and can build a new house every 2 or 3 days.
    Oh, almost forgot: Try to build up your multiplier with the donuts you earn. The higher your multiplier the more money you earn for the houses you have. Buying the Beach Hideaways and upgrading them all the way was the real tipping point for my Freemium game. That's an extra 100% with all of them.
  • Gradually buy a few houses each week to add to your farm. It adds up pretty quick.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Thank you guys, great help. I'll get started on those beach hideaways and build what i can squeeze out of house farming. :)
    AARONRTD wrote: »
    I don't house farm - my initial community purchase 4-5 colored houses, and have over $700,000,000 and can't imagine what was spent donut farming.

My hiatus with the game is longer in between, in the first few years, i would go six months without touching then remember my town. Never spend any money in it, maybe thats why.

• 1ahackamacka
    496 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I earn more in game cash then ever before. My problem is I spend it all. I used to farm 30 or so KEMs every 4 hours but as my multiplier has gone up so has my spending. I now farm 60-80 KEMs every four hours. Cash has become a problem but if I ever run out I'll just build up my cash for a week or two.

I estimate I earn 3-4 million a day. Now if I can just stop spending it all. I could take all my donuts and up my multiplier but that would require not buying some limited time premium items for a little while.
  • Always be on the lookout for the She-She Lounge, Kwik-E-Mart Central Office, Roscoe's Ajax Steel Mill. These buildings offer premium payout for almost all your characters (even the non-premium ones) and they are compatible with the Unemployment Office.
  • sflowers330
    644 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I earn more in game cash then ever before. My problem is I spend it all. I used to farm 30 or so KEMs every 4 hours but as my multiplier has gone up so has my spending. I now farm 60-80 KEMs every four hours. Cash has become a problem but if I ever run out I'll just build up my cash for a week or two.

I estimate I earn 3-4 million a day. Now if I can just stop spending it all. I could take all my donuts and up my multiplier but that would require not buying some limited time premium items for a little while.

The problem is there is an upper limit to the number KEM because:
    1) have no time/will to build more
    2) effect the game performance
    3) have no more space available

I build 120 KEM 4 times daily and sometimes it slows the game to a crawl. Also I find cash collection also is starting to take a looooooong time; i.e. several minutes to finish recording $/XP

With a limit on KEM build numbers, and if you want to maximise donut creation, you will need to build RatTrap trucks in addition to KEM and stop all guessing for 3 donuts; this will become economical at about 2800%.
  • AARONRTD
    1819 posts Member
    Thank you guys, great help. I'll get started on those beach hideaways and build what i can squeeze out of house farming. :)
    AARONRTD wrote: »

My hiatus with the game is longer in between, in the first few years, i would go six months without touching then remember my town. Never spend any money in it, maybe thats why.

Ewwww you said a dirty word!
    I've played every day and my longest "hiatus" was a day (I got busy doing something else).
  • 4junk3000
    5909 posts Member
    I've been freemium forever, and used to struggle with cash. But sometime in the past we were able to craft those wailing walls, and I boosted my bonus multiplier over 200% That's about when my money troubles ended.

I've never house farmed. I've donut farmed once with blood mobiles. It was tedious. But my bonus multiplier is now 295.95% and I've got about $20M saved in a few weeks after blowing it all on that last big land addition.

Focus on your multiplier. Right now there's a couple features with great ROI. The knightboat is one...I forget the other two people endorsed.
    Good luck...happy tapping!
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    I've been freemium forever, and used to struggle with cash. But sometime in the past we were able to craft those wailing walls, and I boosted my bonus multiplier over 200% That's about when my money troubles ended.

I've never house farmed. I've donut farmed once with blood mobiles. It was tedious. But my bonus multiplier is now 295.95% and I've got about $20M saved in a few weeks after blowing it all on that last big land addition.

Focus on your multiplier. Right now there's a couple features with great ROI. The knightboat is one...I forget the other two people endorsed.
    Good luck...happy tapping!

That's encouraging for me, I got all the beach hideaways and started to notice I was just about building my money and currently with concentrating on the event I have built up just short of 10m, I had been building up my doughnuts and some recent purchases of x-ray machines and knightboats have got me to 143.15% but was unsure what kind of multiplier would be a tipping point, I thought it might be about 400-500, but 200 sounds more within reach and that could be my tipping point where I would start concentrating on things like XP collider and not worrying about the cost of KEM's and vehicles, then I can snowball and get all the things I want...

I've not gotten anything big out this event and it's that what is hard trying to be freemium and starting so recently, hopefully everything will return eventually...
  • Try to acquire Becky.
  • girl22721
    1160 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    There's no real need for $ after level 60 in my experience; event items are pretty much always free or cost donuts now, so $ seems pretty useless. I usually spend my entire $ balance on farming, every 4 hours, since it has so little other purpose anyway. I suppose land expansions are the only remaining $ requirement.

I don't really even need to hold any $ back for donut boxes anymore, as I've passed the point where paying to open extra boxes is economical (this comes much earlier for KEM farming than when buying trucks, according to the simulator results). However, when the first box is 1 donut, I may still open one extra box when I do have enough $ to pay, as I don't mind paying slightly more per donut to save a little time whilst increasing my harvest.

I'm farming around 120 KEMs per cycle right now but don't really notice an impact on game performance from this activity. The event seems to be the cause of more problems for me, especially the scanner game; if it doesn't crash whilst playing I usually have to restart very soon afterwards to regain control. Slow cash/XP collection is just animation, I think? I did some experiments in the past going to Krustyland, neighbours or the exit before cash/XP collection had completed and didn't seem to lose anything by doing so? It nevertheless feels safer to wait it out though!
  • girl22721 wrote: »
    Slow cash/XP collection is just animation, I think? I did some experiments in the past going to Krustyland, neighbours or the exit before cash/XP collection had completed and didn't seem to lose anything by doing so? It nevertheless feels safer to wait it out though!
    As long as you don't have enough for two rounds of bonus boxes, you can do that. If there is more, you will get one bonus box and your xp counter will be at zero. I do a reset before collecting from my KEMs or else it takes forever, slowly collecting the small XPs from my town.
  • girl22721 wrote: »
    There's no real need for $ after level 60 in my experience; event items are pretty much always free or cost donuts now, so $ seems pretty useless. I usually spend my entire $ balance on farming, every 4 hours, since it has so little other purpose anyway. I suppose land expansions are the only remaining $ requirement.

The land! Is the major reason i need money. Since i just found out the SH xp bonus, im trying to carve a space in my town for them. Because im working up to more effective Donut farming. My confot o meter is at 99% and my tottal xp bonus is 189%, and seeing the posts above me, i think i can see the light at the end!
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »

I went back in my town and found i have a few of those wailing walls and some spooky walls, both with conform o meter bonus! I realy need to pay more attention to event offers.

• Try to acquire Becky.
    What Is special about her?
  • Try to acquire Becky.

What isn't?
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Try to acquire Becky.

What isn't?

Shut up, Becky.