EA Forums - Banner

Anyone else deliberately not starting dossier tasks tomorrow?

With a week to go before Act III starts, I think I'm gonna hold off on the new set of dossier tasks that start tomorrow so I can put the bonuses toward Act III. Unless there is a reason not to? Assuming Act 2 is already completed of course. Is there a possibly you can miss out on the tasks if you wait?

Replies

• I think dossier tasks start Saturday ish, that's what they did with Act 1. Was only 3 tasks between the start and next act start. Could be wrong, my wife always says I am.
    But my mum says I'm cool
  • Waiting shouldn't affect your ability to complete the dossier tasks later. But not completing them will impact available tasks for the rest of this act. Each character with a dossier task will have their HQ task suspended while the dossier task is active. And each day of dossier tasks rewards 1000 event currency. If you haven't completed Act 2, delaying dossier tasks might impact your ability to finish (reduced number of characters earning event currency and delaying event currency rewards 'til the next act). It will certainly impact your ability to earn bonus doughnuts.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I am not planning on waiting. It isn't a bad idea. I just think it is unnecessary for me.
  • If they are Homer tasks, and you have camera hat Homer, you can not lose out on any character currency-earning jobs. I did that accidentally to start this act. Other than that, seems pointless.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • Ratbag72 wrote: »
    I think dossier tasks start Saturday ish, that's what they did with Act 1. Was only 3 tasks between the start and next act start. Could be wrong, my wife always says I am.
    If you look at the situation room in the menu, it says when the next one is available. Next one starts April 18th. Looks like your wife is right again!
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    Ratbag72 wrote: »
    I think dossier tasks start Saturday ish, that's what they did with Act 1. Was only 3 tasks between the start and next act start. Could be wrong, my wife always says I am.
    If you look at the situation room in the menu, it says when the next one is available. Next one starts April 18th. Looks like your wife is right again!

I might have to delete all this, can't have her finding evidence I was wrong.
    But my mum says I'm cool
  • the new task did just start already have moe and cletus at work krusty is in krustyland counting money dont feel like useing doughnuts to spead things up there task are short this time just 4hrs
  • rw228
    1060 posts Member
    I can't find it anywhere, but is there a specific end date for each one? I wouldn't want to delay too long and not be able to finish if so.
  • I'm not waiting - completed Act 2 in plenty of time and I think I read somewhere that there is yet another set of dossier tasks after this (CIA) set, so don't want to feel stressed to complete them in Act 3
  • C0rgano
    442 posts Member
    I might save a daily task or two if I get to the last day and can't knock out another bonus round, but other than that I figure I'll complete things as they show up... finished act 1 with about 5 days to spare and should finish up act 2 today, so no reason to think act 3 will be any harder to complete.
  • Im going to do 2/3 of the task now and complete them with the bonuses when act 3 starts.
  • Figure if i can finish act 3 with 10 days to go is more a haul of free bonuts then 5 days of act 2.
  • Can anyone confirm if there will be a 4th set of dossier tasks? That would make a decision about this 3rd set much easier
  • rockyb2006 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if there will be a 4th set of dossier tasks? That would make a decision about this 3rd set much easier

from the wiki, the yakuza boss "Unlocks with Situation Room's Wall Street dossiers."
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • Yep, I'm seeing that there will be a 4th set of dossier tasks. No real point in holding off I guess. Glad soneone mentioned the 4th group! I assumed 3 was the final.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    You hold off so you can start with 6000 of the next act's currency in the same day.
  • less thinking, more tapping
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    less thinking, more tapping

Words to live by!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.