EA Forums - Banner

Farming vs bonuts

Prev1
Haven't run the numbers but I feel like for most people it's probably more donut advantageous to put your disk generating people on regular cash tasks and then buy Keys vs all the work to accumulate 5000 disks for 1-3dnuts ( since you can build some KeMs in 4 hrs and get the same result....

Anyone want to run the numbers? (obviously your mileage may vary depending on your bonus %age)

Replies

• I've thought about this myself, but since I build a set number of KM each time (so I don't burn through all my cash), I think I'm getting more using them for event tasks and bonuts.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    Bonuts breaks up the monotony of KEM farming. It's temporary, so forget the calculations.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • I did a quick number crunch, but I need someone to confirm a couple things.

I determined that if your bonus percentage is <295%, you should go for the event bonuts...otherwise, you should go for the KEM farm donuts.

This is based on having all the event premium/regular characters. I am counting 6 that pay out 80, 6 that pay out 60 and 8 that pay out 40 (total of 20 characters). Of those, 17 are either premium or have a premium skin (Cletus, Bont and Wayne Slater have no premium option).

This doesn't take into account the situation room or scanner...it only calculates the incremental boxes obtained by having these characters on either type of task.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I get excited by bonuts but not as much by KEM farming donuts. I farm all day every day, so they just don't seem special. I know they are the same but I prefer to get bonuts during the event.
  • rw228
    1055 posts Member
    One other factor is that once level 939 is reached the second chance doughnut boxes cost $50000 instead of $150000 I believe.
  • rw228 wrote: »
    One other factor is that once level 939 is reached the second chance doughnut boxes cost $50000 instead of $150000 I believe.

Ah, yes, I should have mentioned that my numbers were for players at 939...I also didn't factor in the cost of additional boxes, but that is definitely important to consider
  • I have over $250 mil, so it doesn't really help me to have more money.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • I did a quick number crunch, but I need someone to confirm a couple things.

I determined that if your bonus percentage is <295%, you should go for the event bonuts...otherwise, you should go for the KEM farm donuts.

This is based on having all the event premium/regular characters. I am counting 6 that pay out 80, 6 that pay out 60 and 8 that pay out 40 (total of 20 characters). Of those, 17 are either premium or have a premium skin (Cletus, Bont and Wayne Slater have no premium option).

This doesn't take into account the situation room or scanner...it only calculates the incremental boxes obtained by having these characters on either type of task.

Taking that assumption - you get a bonuts box every 4.16 cycles (one cycle being 4 hours).

Sending the same 20 characters on a 4 hour task yields $4945 per four hour cycle (not factoring in a Multiplier). That can get you 11 KEMs (with resale $ reinvested).

For me, at 395% Multiplier (and 153% hidden SH bonus) and XP collider on, it takes about 13-14 KEMs to get Bonuts. That plus the fact that it's cheaper to buy extra boxes by leveling up means that sending characters on tasks and KEM farming will earn more donuts in the long run.

That being said - my characters are all working on intel round the clock.
  • haha, everyone uses the term bonuts now...
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    tapebelt wrote: »
    haha, everyone uses the term bonuts now...

Incorrectly a lot of the time.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • tapebelt wrote: »

i'm curious... how is it supposed to be used?

To me bonuts are the extra donuts you earn after you've won the prizes in an event. :smile:

I know that it would be more cost effective to just use the money for farming rather than bonut boxes, but I don't really care about the money in that way even if I'm low on cash. Event bonuts are special :smiley: I also always open the normal boxes until I get three donuts.

• I've reached the same conclusion. $150000 for the re-rolls is a deal breaker.

To me bonuts are the extra donuts you earn after you've won the prizes in an event. :smile:

this was definitely the original intention of the word, but i think it's safe to say it has evolved since then... :)
  • I guess "farmnuts" doesn't really sound good?

this was definitely the original intention of the word, but i think it's safe to say it has evolved since then... :)

To cover -all- the extra goodies! :smiley:
    I guess "farmnuts" doesn't really sound good?

:D

• I guess "farmnuts" doesn't really sound good?

haha can't say that has much of a ring to it.....

if you want it to have a farm connotation, i'd go with grownuts... :D
  • I build the same number of kem that I did before the event, and also get the bonuts from the event having all the characters get Intel... I feel like I'm making loads more donuts this way, but each to their own!
    I guess "farmnuts" doesn't really sound good?

haha can't say that has much of a ring to it.....

if you want it to have a farm connotation, i'd go with grownuts... :D

kemnuts?

Thats exactly what I meant. Sorry I didn't elaborate, I figured it was self explanatory. It gets used in place of donuts now when all they are talking about are....donuts.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.