EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• smartmartco
    2 posts
    edited October 2012
    Still can't access any friends' towns. Worse , I am at the quest where devil Flanders ask to throw eggs and toilet paper to other towns and obviously I won't pay donuts to clear it because of a bad programmation issue. Come on EA, wake up and fix this and maybe we'll feel the incentive to actually buy added content...
  • dantederday
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    I have 2 iPads and my wife and I each have an instance of Simpsons Tapped Out. She couldn't get logged on to hers but I could log onto my account. I made the mistake of trying to log into hers on my iPad and now they are both locked out and it won't let me log out on either one. Just keeps giving me the try again in 15 seconds screen. Hers must have been corrupted somehow. I've tried reinstalling, resetting the iPad, wiping out the cookies and history and everything else customer support suggested?? I'm missing out on the horror Springfield, my favorite!! HELP! :cry:
  • edited October 2012
    I can not start the game. I keep getting "Warning! Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please sign into that device before playing" messages. I click Ok. This brings me to the Tap to sign in page (my user name shows up correctly). I then tap to continue to only be greeted with the same "other device" message. I don't have any other devices I play this game on.

I followed the instructions from other threads, including: logging out and logging back on to Origin (via the orange button bottom left). Restarting my phone. Starting a new town then trying to log back into my account. Uninstalling and Re-installing the game. A combination of uninstalling, restarting phone, and installing. But no matter what I do, I'm always greeted with the "other device" message.

I've noticed that after re-installing the game and starting the app I'm instantly greeted by this message now. Before I have a chance to do anything. Further, the anonymous user (which is the starting user you get before connecting your town to your Origin ID) is also greeted immediately by the "other device" message. When I log into my Origin account from the icon on bottom left, I see my friends have logged in. I also receive messages that other users are visiting my town.

Whats the deal? Has anyone else run in to this problem. I'm beginning to wonder if I should seek a refund for the donuts I've bought.

I have IPhone 4S/OS 6.0 (10A403).
  • Shwoognation
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    mine finally let me after logging into origin online on my mac first re-verifying my email and now its fixed
  • eduardo_rubi
    27 posts
    edited October 2012
    hi EA Gypsy. the 2.1.0 was the best version, in this 3.0.0 it has bugs, it crashes, and it kicks out very often... we need an update soon. is just worst than before, in game, when i try to open a menu it will randomly open the menu or it will kick me out and the app will crash...

• askzy1
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    cannot see my friend's town. only one friend here and she cannot see my town, too.

Googled and found lots of people having the same issue. any solutions?
  • phyxt1
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    So it's been since io6 came out I have posted numerous times
    No response no anything i was playing on an iPad2 no other device
    I've deleted the game reinstalled numourse times
    Updated
    Cannot log in always cannot connect to server screen
    It finds my origin acct.
    if I try. To log out game crashes
    If i try to play crash
    Never asks to play a new game which I would if I could
    How do I restore to the last os which the game seemed to work
    Fine minus the random last device you used didn't save.
    To which there is no other device.
    Even when it gave that warning it was always right
    Where I left the game no problems
    **** is going on help me please
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    phyxt1 wrote:
    So it's been since io6 came out I have posted numerous times
    No response no anything i was playing on an iPad2 no other device
    I've deleted the game reinstalled numourse times
    Updated
    Cannot log in always cannot connect to server screen
    It finds my origin acct.
    if I try. To log out game crashes
    If i try to play crash
    Never asks to play a new game which I would if I could
    How do I restore to the last os which the game seemed to work
    Fine minus the random last device you used didn't save.
    To which there is no other device.
    Even when it gave that warning it was always right
    Where I left the game no problems
    **** is going on help me please

For the type of problems you seem to be describing, you should probably contact EA's help center. I doubt anyone here can assist you.
  • user20120930
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    Soon after Krusty first arrived, he had a yellow exclamation point over his head. I didn't tap it at the time. Went to a friend's Springfield and came back. Then the exclamation point was gone. I'm at Level 10 now, and still haven't gotten any quests from Krusty. Now I think the same thing has happened to Milhouse too.
  • mookytanooky
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    Hello,

I have completed Flanders the Devil Part 2, however, it is not registering as completed:
    522247_533718556654716_1920188250_n_zpsd86792df.jpg

Thank you for the attention to this matter.
  • RlLEY
    6 posts
    edited October 2012
    Objectives complete..... but nothing.

w14hf7.jpg
    (whats the point of the img tags if you can't even see the image?)

also as im sure its already apparent, the game is too slow and unstable with logouts and constant connection problems.
  • darkween
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    Hi there, when i listen music, and i wanna play Simpsons Tapped Out, the game crashes when i put "start". If i stop the music in ipod, the game works without any problem!

Thanks!
  • HighlyDubious
    2 posts
    edited October 2012
    I logged into my Origin account from my laptop to change my name. Now when I am logging back in on both my iPhone and iPad, it says "There is a Level 2 Springfield already on this device. Is this Springfiled yours?". I'm at Level 16.

When I hit "Yes" or "No" it says "You are about to create a brand new Springfield for your Origin Account. You can still access the other Springfield by logging out of Origin later." The only difference is that one gives me a continue option and the other gives me a save option.

I'm just trying to figure out how to get back to my Level 16 game. I'm still receiving notifications on my phone when characters complete their tasks so I'm assuming the game isn't lost.

Does anyone have any advice?

• Matigusx
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    I haven't been able to connect to the server for three days. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, exiting it and relaunching, etc. When I try reinstalling it and after it updates, it says that I'm logged into other devices and that I would lose any existing data on them if I continued to play on my current and only device that I have ever played the game on. I'm pretty sure my origin account is messed up and I need a service rep or someone to reset it for me. Everytime I even try to change my password, it says my original password is incorrect, it still changes anyways. Please help me.
  • tfcgodfather
    25 posts
    edited October 2012
    Still trying to log back in this whole weekend to no success. I get to see a glimpse of my homestead and then within a second it kicks me off.

What is the deal EA? :(
  • franckg392
    8 posts
    edited October 2012
    **SPOIL**

Since I opened the black hole, I can't play more than 30 sec before game crashes. Sometimes, I'm kicked just after connecting with my origin account. Game ran well until last friday and now it really **** me off. :? :? :?
  • daillvibe
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    I have had an issue/glitch with the "Bad Dream House Pt.3" story line.

I'm up to the bit where i'm being instructed to "Build Android's Dungeon" but when I click on the "Do It" button it takes me to the build que but Android's Dungeon is locked?

I'm levl 13 & completed everything required to unlock it but for whatever reason it isn't unlocked....
  • btwich88
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    I'm currently at Level 19 and my game crashes about every 2 minutes or so. It logs in normally, plays normally and saves normally, but after only a few minutes of playing, it freezes then shuts down. It does it again sporadically afterwards - I'll reload it and sometimes it works for 5 minutes, sometimes for 2 minutes, etc. Every once in a while it'll crash and then open a completely different app. And I can never do anything when visiting Other Springfield because it will crash immediately upon loading that profile (but my friends' Springfields load and work just fine).

It happened rarely before the Treehouse of Horror update but now happens every single I time I play.
  • tfcgodfather
    25 posts
    edited October 2012
    Can't log in properly since Friday.

Please fix the issues. I blame the influx of players playing more frequently because of the Halloween updates. :(
  • omarmorsy
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    I got a rollback bug every time I log in the game all the characters jobs timer is reseting