EA Forums - Banner

What is your multiplier?

Replies

• meinaz wrote: »
    @Jonalinn I am glad that you are able to hide most of your multipliers. I really am trying not to offend anybody but I did want to point out that for some towns it looks like increasing the multiplier takes precedent over design. There is nothing wrong with that but I just wanted to point out that reality since @4kidsandacatdog was asking.

You are absolutely right. I think Jonalinn and I were just showing the other side of things. Being her neighbor I know we both go to great lengths to hide stuff so our towns dont look like the towns you were talking about. That and between all the premium stuff in the store, and what is released (and re-released) with events with a little work anyone can do it.

All said, its nice to have both sides aired here, peacefully :)
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • 168sean168
    4084 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Ok, legitimate question. Because I've only recently started KEM farming and never considered my multiplier til now.

Don't you all have to keep a lot of random crap out in your towns? I mean, there's only so much you can hide. Also, does this account for the item limit popups? I'd like to increase my multiplier, but I don't want my town to start looking like a storage dump. And like one of the posters before me, I dislike the idea of buying things I'm not find of just to increase my multiplier.

How do you all handle this?

I think my town might be thought of as one that is most hideous and is full of random crap due to my high %. But to me, it is presentable with simple layouts and almost all buildings can be seen clearly without blockage.

I do have multiple road jams created by ch 6 vans and my xmas sector is housed in SH where hundreds of Elfs are living. My halloween pieces are walled up by very thick wailing walls creating a simple maze. Herb auto business is doing well with lots of nice premium vehicles and piggly's BBQ pig business is also doing great.

The town is quite organised with various sectors like Civic District, Around the world with Epcot at its centre, heavy industrial area, Updown businesses and downtown businesses, an education district, a medical centre, a town park, westworld, las vegas, airport etc. My town rail runs across the town to SH and and then out again in a full circle.

So this is how I handle my game. I like the town to be prosperous and I like good progress on my multiplier.
  • 650.40. I just spent 110 donuts on mystery boxes and got 20%. Definitely the way to go..
  • Got another topiary! That's 2 in less than a week. Still no nuke from the rocket though.

I had 74 donuts and spent it on MBs. I won 80 donuts (that I reinvested in MBs), went up 8%, 2 Lard Lads (Ugh, Lard Lad farm. Wish I could sell them.), and sold all of the junk so I got a little cash too.

345.85%!!!
  • girl22721
    1159 posts Member
    1725%

My town isn't pretty but I don't really have the time or talent to do that, so I accept it that way anyway. I concentrate farming at the edges and don't hide anything otherwise I'd forget what I can't see!
  • Jonalinn wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »

I can vouch for her town. No random crap around. Nicely decorated. I do hope they offer the world's largest toilet though, say for 1 Billion dollars

How very sweet of you to say @168sean168 ... thank you :)7h76jXW.jpg

I've actually seen a few of the screen shots that @Jonalinn has posted and been pretty impressed.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    Ok, legitimate question. Because I've only recently started KEM farming and never considered my multiplier til now.

Don't you all have to keep a lot of random crap out in your towns? I mean, there's only so much you can hide. Also, does this account for the item limit popups? I'd like to increase my multiplier, but I don't want my town to start looking like a storage dump. And like one of the posters before me, I dislike the idea of buying things I'm not find of just to increase my multiplier.

I think my town might be thought of as one that is most hideous and is full of random crap due to my high %. But to me, it is presentable with simple layouts and almost all buildings can be seen clearly without blockage.

I do have multiple road jams created by ch 6 vans and my xmas sector is housed in SH where hundreds of Elfs are living. My halloween pieces are walled up by very thick wailing walls creating a simple maze. Herb auto business is doing well with lots of nice premium vehicles and piggly's BBQ pig business is also doing great.

The town is quite organised with various sectors like Civic District, Around the world with Epcot at its centre, heavy industrial area, Updown businesses and downtown businesses, an education district, a medical centre, a town park, westworld, las vegas, airport etc. My town rail runs across the town to SH and and then out again in a full circle.

So this is how I handle my game. I like the town to be prosperous and I like good progress on my multiplier.

Sounds like you've at least given some thought to design! I've seen some towns with every building placed one right next to the other, no roads, no space...much less like a town than an inventory on display. To each his own...but that's not really my cup of tea.

For myself, I'm only a little over 200 right now, and have hidden a few unsightly things around just for the bonus, but I'm really not sure how clever I can be with preserving my town and being able to hide a lot. I want to build up my multiplier but it seems like a lot of the things that are good for doing that, aren't things I would otherwise have ever considered (ie the rocket bikes).
  • Been going through the Homer Buddha tab and buying all those decorations I wanted before but couldn't afford. Boosted from 700-750% B)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)

Sounds like you've at least given some thought to design! I've seen some towns with every building placed one right next to the other, no roads, no space...much less like a town than an inventory on display. To each his own...but that's not really my cup of tea.

For myself, I'm only a little over 200 right now, and have hidden a few unsightly things around just for the bonus, but I'm really not sure how clever I can be with preserving my town and being able to hide a lot. I want to build up my multiplier but it seems like a lot of the things that are good for doing that, aren't things I would otherwise have ever considered (ie the rocket bikes).

I understand what you mean, it is easy to get caught up when adding multipliers and ends up things are placed everywhere haphazardly. Probably at a certain stage they will start to organise it.
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Been going through the Homer Buddha tab and buying all those decorations I wanted before but couldn't afford. Boosted from 700-750% B)

Great job! I must not slack :open_mouth:
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Been going through the Homer Buddha tab and buying all those decorations I wanted before but couldn't afford. Boosted from 700-750% B)

Great job! I must not slack :open_mouth:

You are hardly a slacker Sean!!! :D

I'm really quite bored of just opening mystery boxes...
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Jonalinn
    1805 posts Member
    @168sean168

I never have trouble or problems when visiting your town :)

You are too kind @4kidsandacatdog ... that is very sweet of you to say. Now, after all these nice compliments, I hope I don't accidentally hit the ywEZVIy.png button! :D

f6jxjj0.jpg
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • Jonalinn wrote: »
    @168sean168

I never have trouble or problems when visiting your town :)

You are too kind @4kidsandacatdog ... that is very sweet of you to say. Now, after all these nice compliments, I hope I don't accidentally hit the ywEZVIy.png button! :D

f6jxjj0.jpg

Yeah I clear the hacks quite regularly except for the last two days before Act 3. Thanks for still visiting even though you have completed the acts and crafting.
  • All of these recent posts about multipliers & donut reserves inspired me to work on upping my multiplier:

Wed. 4/26 had multiplier 1334.76% and 7074 donuts
    Fri. 4/28 have multiplier 2037.72% and 2002 donuts

So, for 5072 donuts, I increased my multiplier by 702.96%, or a cost of 7.22 donuts for each 1% increase.

Now, I just have to work on hiding the 36 news vans & 56 I&S billboards & deal with the sore fingertips from all that tapping :#
  • kymagirl wrote: »
    All of these recent posts about multipliers & donut reserves inspired me to work on upping my multiplier:

So, for 5072 donuts, I increased my multiplier by 702.96%, or a cost of 7.22 donuts for each 1% increase.

Now, I just have to work on hiding the 36 news vans & 56 I&S billboards & deal with the sore fingertips from all that tapping :#

Great Progress! @kymagirl
  • Got another topiary! That's 2 in less than a week. Still no nuke from the rocket though.

I had 74 donuts and spent it on MBs. I won 80 donuts (that I reinvested in MBs), went up 8%, 2 Lard Lads (Ugh, Lard Lad farm. Wish I could sell them.), and sold all of the junk so I got a little cash too.

345.85%!!!

Nice ! i got a topiary as well this week. I'm now at 488.40 %.
    Level 939 - play almost every hour.
  • kymagirl wrote: »
    All of these recent posts about multipliers & donut reserves inspired me to work on upping my multiplier:

Wow!
  • Jonalinn
    1805 posts Member
    kymagirl wrote: »

Impressive! Good for you! 1pqn7ed.gif

@168sean168

No thanks needed ;)
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • 209%........on my new freemium town that I started on 12th January 2017.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS