EA Forums - Banner

Give me a strategy for getting to 500% multiplier and/or donut farming?

Prev1345
stinkbugger
1980 posts Member
  • I'm currently at 326.35% multiplier (plus SH).
  • I did mystery boxes awhile back, and I suppose should do more, but will I have to settle for having 50+ news vans etc in my town?
  • I have two Beach Hideaways, don't know if I want to fill my water with 3 more. I buy things like the flag set but don't buy multiples of them. I don't mind my mass of wailing walls (especially since they were "free" and clump together well) but I'm not keen on having bunches of similar items (um, unless Lisa gives me a bunch more mini nukes).
  • I have about 77 million cash and get a little over a million a day I think. There are over 50(?!) land squares I have yet to buy. And about 33 million worth of aspirational items I've yet to purchase. Don't really use money for anything else except when getting donuts via rat trap trucks.
  • Most of my past donuts have been spent on buildings and characters. (I think I have around 160 characters total?) although I'm trying to get more % items now.
  • Sometimes I'll turn on the Collider for a day, do the 25 KEM thing but get bored after a few rounds and then just do a bunch of rat trap trucks, usually buying about 20 million worth (including re-selling them).
  • Currently I technically can access my game many times throughout the day although ideally I wouldn't be glued it it as much.
  • Yes, I'm at level 939.

Do I just need to turn on the collider for longer periods, do more KEM farming, and focus more on buying % items? Should I do more rounds of mystery boxes? Is mainly doing rat traps bad?

Replies

• Muhsterino
    4498 posts Member
    It really is your choice how you play the game, but if you are mainly looking to increase your multiplier the beach hideaways are the best way to start. You may like to read my tips thread too (3rd post refers to farming):
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/tips-for-new-players#latest
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    get the aspirational things first. don't get trapped in the rat race of kem farming and bonus percentage. it is overrated.

(some day i will write an essay about kem farming and bonus percentage "great expectations, ever deminishing returns. why you think it is exponential, yet it is not")
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    pevh wrote: »
    get the aspirational things first. don't get trapped in the rat race of kem farming and bonus percentage. it is overrated.

Yes, I guess I should have added that my goal right now is not to Buy All New Content. I like to buy new items now and then and if I don't have enough via standard free donut methods (which I think net about 100 month?) I'll turn on the collider and spend $20M or so to get 200 or so donuts.

So I'm not trying to amass 1000s of donuts and 4 billion in cash. That's one reason I've never felt compelled to get into the "rat race" you mention.
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member

(some day i will write an essay about kem farming and bonus percentage "great expectations, ever deminishing returns. why you think it is exponential, yet it is not")

How is the bonus percentage overrated?
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member

I haven't seen anybody that thinks it is exponential. We have talked about the maximum bonus percentage multiple times. Being able to get premium items without spending money is huge for most people. This cannot be done without a fairly significant multiplier and some sort of farming. The aspirationals will always be there and at least for me are mostly all in storage.
  • Buy some mystery boxes!
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member

I love having a high percentage. It means I don't have to spend a lot of time collecting cash and XP everyday. Everyone plays differently, some like designs while some like to challenge the limits of the game.
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    Agree with @meinaz and @168sean168 .
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • pevh wrote: »

This is a fairly baffling comment...

First off, it actually is exponential, and fairly easy to understand why, since your bonus multiplier provides a bonus to both your cash and XP. Since the majority of people in the situation of starting out KEM farming and boosting their % do not have billions of dollars in the bank, they will experience cash flow as a rate limiting step creating a situation that does increase exponentially, when you view it as a KEM/period of time function. I have developed a couple of excel models on this topic that explain this very well, which I can delve into at another time.

In addition to your first point being wrong, I am extremely curious what your alternative is? Basically I am hearing that you think free donuts are overrrated and you should focus on aspirationals ,which, albeit are cool, provide NO benefit to your town (through XP or cash flow). My guess is that maybe you are an EA employee....

Anyways, back to OP's question. If you don't have the beach hideaways (as horrifically ugly as they are), they are a gold mine in terms of percentage. Additionally, I realize that KEM farming is a grind, but it is definitely worth while. You gain a significant increase in the number of donuts over BM/Rat Trap farming. From there, you really just need to keep your eyes open for good deals in terms of a donuts/percentage ratio. The best permanent item is the Jet Engine Bike, which is 30 donuts for 2%. Knightboat rebate is coming back in a couple days, which is pretty good at 20 donuts for 2% (which I will be buying a bunch of).

Unfortunately, the answer is free donuts are a bit of a grind until you get a high percentage (around 1000%). You can just keep reinvesting your donuts and build this up relatively quickly, and switch over to KEM farming, which will give you best benefit.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Anything with a multiplier can be stored later on. I would first get the beach hideaways that you don't have. When fully upgraded, it will give you another 60%. I don't like the MBs so I just buy decorations with multipliers as they come available or others in the store that I don't have. It takes longer to raise your multiplier but it prevents having lots of the same thing. KEM farming is the best way to be able to continue to get money and get donuts. I resisted for a long time, because I thought it would be tedious. Now it is just part of my routine like putting people on tasks. I am not diligent on checking every 4 hours but I still at least 4 times a day.
  • 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member
    @Jonalinn @meinaz unfortunately i dont have the time to work it out in detail, but it all boils downs to limited resources. ponder it and you will find the boundaries.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    @Jonalinn @meinaz unfortunately i dont have the time to work it out in detail, but it all boils downs to limited resources. ponder it and you will find the boundaries.

Yes, it has been discussed before. Everybody understands that the multiplier cannot go up forever.
  • Dumb question, I'm sure, but what is an "aspirational Item"?
    If at first you don't succeed, just give up-Homer J. Simpson
  • 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    at some point a higher multiplier does not yield a higher donut (0.24€, laughing out loud) return. it is limited by the area you assign to it.

you will get more useless igm though.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    at some point a higher multiplier does not yield a higher donut (0.24€, laughing out loud) return. it is limited by the area you assign to it.

you will get more useless igm though.

Somebody that has a 326% multiplier has no reason to worry about the point where the multiplier won't yield in more donuts.
  • 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    somehow the thought that you are missing the greater picture comes to my mind.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    somehow the thought that you are missing the greater picture comes to my mind.

Wouldn't be the first time. :lol: It is a game. I play how I want to. I don't concern myself with the best strategies or looking at the math behind the game. That would take away from my enjoyment. I think different perspectives are great and people can do with them as they please.
  • 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    :) just was getting a bit in overdrive against the overachievers i guess. proud to be a less than 1000%er . someone should put up a post for us :)
    (math is on our side though)
  • adruralo
    3281 posts Member
    stellstone wrote: »
    Dumb question, I'm sure, but what is an "aspirational Item"?
    Things that cost million or more.
    Escalator to nowhere, 50 foot magnifying glass, popsickle, sit-n-rotate, fortress of choclitude, zirconia a some others are examples.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member
    @stellstone sunsphere, magnifying glas, staircase to nowhere largest zyrconium posiclestick skyscraper the choclate superhero thing (etc ? )