EA Forums - Banner

Give me a strategy for getting to 500% multiplier and/or donut farming?

Replies

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    There have been some nice designs posted with the beach hideaways. Once I redesigned mine, they don't bother me as much anymore.
  • bluntcard
    3820 posts Member
    You mentioned the word: Bored. Yes, it's boring, monotonous grinding that eventually leads to rewards in this game. If you're willing, you move forward. You have lots of land, I would buy a lot of land and build blue houses and harvest the cash, turning it into donuts used to buy percentage items until you are satisfied.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • exactly great reply thats the way I thought the game was played
  • 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @168sean168 now that i am officially a "troll" i am definately going to post an explanation in the near future. multiple linear functions never yield an exponential function. (not entirely true but that is a different story)(and i didn't even consider limitations here (yes that was a joke)) there is an optimum somewhere and it is not maximizing your percentage.
    Post edited by 94nt3nb31n on
  • ruiqneiva106
    117 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    What do you even mean by maximizing your percentage? Having only items with a multiplier?
    Optimum for what?
    You keep telling was that you know better, and that sometime in the future you'll "explain". Instead of telling us that, start explaining what do you mean at least. It would be a better use of everyone's time. Otherwise this is just spam, without adding anything to the topic at hand.
  • pevh wrote: »
    @168sean168 now that i am officially a "troll" i am definately going to post an explanation in the near future. multiple linear functions never yield an exponential function. (not entirely true but that is a different story)(and i didn't even consider limitations here (yes that was a joke)) there is an optimum somewhere and it is not maximizing your percentage.

So, I will take back what I said...you obviously understand math, however, I think you are just thinking about this the wrong way. Yes, they are two independent linear functions. When you are thinking about their use in the context of your return on donuts, that function is dependent on BOTH functions, which is what makes it exponential.

I can explain how you arrive at this equation when I have more time (and am not at work), but the equation for the number of donuts you can get PER DAY if you are reinvesting all of your cash flow directly into KEMs is (I really wish there was a Microsoft Word style equation editor in here...):

{(BaseCash*(1+%bonus)]*[BaseXP*(1+(%bonus*XPcollider))/[XPperbox*(costKEM-resellKEM)]}*expected#donuts

A couple of variables in there:
    BaseCash = Cash Flow per day with no bonus
    BaseXP = XP flow per day with no bonus
    expected#donuts = The number of donuts you will receive on average based on your box picking strategy (e.g. Always take first box, go for 2 or more, Always go for 3)

If I multiply out just the numerator, it is a standard quadratic function: (BaseCash*BaseXP)+(2*BaseCash*BaseXP*%bonus)+(BaseCash*BaseXP*(%bonus^2))

So, you see that when you have a function that is dependent on TWO independent functions, you can generate an exponential function
  • 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member
    an exponential function has a variable in the exponent somewhere.
  • That may be right, however it is irrelevant in this case.
    pevh was the one that brought that idea that donut farming being exponential to this conversation. That was a concerned raised by him/her and not by anyone else.
    For the vast majority of people that farm donuts, being exponential or not is completely irrelevant. What they want is to grow their multiplier in order to get more bonuts to buy more premium items. That's why they donut form. Period.
    We've seen multiple cases of people in the last few days that say they've stopped worrying about the multiplier because they can now buy everything they want or that they have started storing multiplier items because they want their town to look nicer and they have a large enough multiplier to allow them to do that. We've never seen anyone saying that they have stopped farming because they've realized that the functions are not exponential.
    If there is a limit on your multiplier, if the growth is not exponential, or there is an "optimum" is completely irrelevant for the vast vast majority of donut farmers. And just because someone claims that they have discovered the "truth" (despite the fact they refuse to share it with us), won't make it relevant for those players.

Ok, yes, I was incorrect of my use of the word "exponential" - this does not include an e^x function...

That being said, it does not cap out as you originally stated. It has a slope that approaches infinity

• 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    pevh wrote: »

The only math I know for sure is that I can play ten rounds of bonus level up with each rat truck. And if I just choose the first box during the play, I can make average 105 donuts from 5 trucks in around 3.5 minutes. This include the buying and selling of the truck from the menu. Never think so far into what linear or non linear. Actually you still did not define exactly what is the problem statement?
  • 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member

Ok, yes, I was incorrect of my use of the word "exponential" - this does not include an e^x function...

That being said, it does not cap out as you originally stated. It has a slope that approaches infinity

there is no infinity in a finite world.

Yes, the truly important aspect in all of this!

• 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member

the limiting thing for sure, wellcome to the linear side of arguments.

This is why I said "approaches"!

You are missing the point entirely though, you are capped by your item/land limit, not a leveling off of yield as you suggested...
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member

At this point, the limiting factor really doesn't matter especially since the OP asking for advice is multiplier is around 300%. He is not close to getting to the limit and doesn't sound like he will be for a long time. The idea of buying aspirationals instead of KEM farming because there is a limit makes no sense at all. Your discussion may have a place in the game, but in this thread it really just distracts from the OPs question.
  • rw228
    1055 posts Member
    Okay so back to the lecture at hand...using premium skins for characters will help too.

Does anyone know if there is a list of the characters with premium skins? I searched but couldn't find it. I know most the simpsons have one, stonecutters, Sideshow bob and Flanders come to mind off the top of my head.
  • 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member
    meinaz wrote: »

At this point, the limiting factor really doesn't matter especially since the OP asking for advice is multiplier is around 300%. He is not close to getting to the limit and doesn't sound like he will be for a long time. The idea of buying aspirationals instead of KEM farming because there is a limit makes no sense at all. Your discussion may have a place in the game, but in this thread it really just distracts from the OPs question.

you are absolutely right. we went astray and i am to blame for it. i do apologise for this.
  • [/quote]

This is why I said "approaches"!

You are missing the point entirely though, you are capped by your item/land limit, not a leveling off of yield as you suggested...[/quote]

I promise to stop after this!! :p

Ok, I will take this back as well. I didn't introduce the item limit into this concept...however, that would happen at a level so irrationally high (probably in the scale of 10,000%+) that you would have to start removing cash generating buildings to add room for % bonus stuff...for the functional purposes of this game, that is not important
  • ruiqneiva106
    117 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Someone has already estimated the maximum multiplier you can have. It's close to 20k% if I remember correctly.

I think this is a case of "welcome to the world of always diverting the conversation since I don't know how to answer".
    Still waiting on knowing what the optimum is and what is the criteria for maximizing the percentage.
  • 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Someone has already estimated the maximum multiplier you can have. It's close to 20k% if I remember correctly.

I think this is a case of "welcome to the world of always diverting the conversation since I don't know how to answer".
    Still waiting on knowing what the optimum is and what is the criteria for maximizing the percentage.
    i just took a just slap on the wrist. we will discuss this thing in due time in an another thread.