EA Forums - Banner

Mystery Boxes or X-rays?

Which one of these has the most % for donuts spents?

Replies

• Mystery boxes are approximately 8 donuts per 1%... if you buy 800 worth. So it depends.
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    Mystery boxes are about 7 or 8 donuts per 1%, and are consistently the best buy for multipliers. I don't know what x-rays are offhand, but I'm sure mystery boxes are better.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • I couldn't remember what MBs were. X-ray would be about 13. MBs it is!
  • frosted1414
    2460 posts Member
    Jet bike 15 donut / 1%
    X-ray 13.3 d / 1%
    Knightboat 10d / 1% (with rebate)
    MB ~8d / 1%
    (Flag bundle 6.66d / 1% [Airport event])
    HTH
    When in Doubt, Release The Hounds.
  • jasonxenakisgt
    82 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    How is the 8 donuts/1% being calculated for the Mystery Box?

Does anyone know what the odds become once you have all of the unique items? If you assume that the odds are evenly distributed (i.e. News Van 6.6% initially becomes 14.474%), then I am calculating 10.79 donuts per 1%.

This includes reducing the price of the box by the expected donut return (1.316 donuts per box) so the price becomes 4.684 donuts per box.

Just wanted to understand what I was missing.

Thanks!!

EDIT: Typo
  • Mystery boxes aren't random, they follow a set order. Plenty observations people have made, but on average if you spend 800 donuts you'll get 100% increase in multiplier. It's actually about 7.8 donuts/% I believe. It works, I've bought enough to know for sure many times over.

Note, that number doesn't include donuts won and spent on MBs.
  • tapebelt
    668 posts Member
    Mystery boxes aren't random, they follow a set order. Plenty observations people have made, but on average if you spend 800 donuts you'll get 100% increase in multiplier. It's actually about 7.8 donuts/% I believe. It works, I've bought enough to know for sure many times over.

i concur with this.
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    tapebelt wrote: »
    Mystery boxes aren't random, they follow a set order. Plenty observations people have made, but on average if you spend 800 donuts you'll get 100% increase in multiplier. It's actually about 7.8 donuts/% I believe. It works, I've bought enough to know for sure many times over.

i concur with this.

I can confirm all of this as well. But it's a long term gain. If you just want to buy about 5 Mystery Boxes, you could end up with a bad return. You need to be in it for a significant number of boxes to see the average return.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • tapebelt wrote: »

i concur with this.

Wow...I didn't realize that they weren't random!! Ok, great, thanks for the help!