EA Forums - Banner

Missing Handshakes seems to be back.

Replies

• Jonalinn
    1766 posts Member
    I have handshakes in my game, including the multiple handshakes shown in the pic up-thread. Is there something I'm missing @suetopia ?
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • Jonalinn wrote: »
    I have handshakes in my game, including the multiple handshakes shown in the pic up-thread. Is there something I'm missing @suetopia ?

I thought this was fixed ages ago. I haven't had (noticed) any problems like this in a long time. Guess we need to keep our eyes a little more open.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Jonalinn
    1766 posts Member
    Jonalinn wrote: »

I thought this was fixed ages ago. I haven't had (noticed) any problems like this in a long time. Guess we need to keep our eyes a little more open.

To be honest, I can't remember not having handshakes(?) I wish they'd fix the av issue! (but that's an entirely different topic).
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    @suetopia is not alone. I also have this issue and have for awhile. Flander's house is the one that I notice the most. Simpson's house has the handshake. Flander's just shows the name. It makes it difficult to know if somebody has visited if you can't see and clear the handshakes.
  • suetopia
    4224 posts Member
    edited May 2017

To be honest, I can't remember not having handshakes(?) I wish they'd fix the av issue! (but that's an entirely different topic).

Some of us have not been getting handshakes on some of the buildings tapped by neighbours.

It's not effecting everyone (as you have stated that you are getting handshakes and multiple handshakes), but its been a persistent problem for some (including myself) since at least November 2016.

• Jonalinn
    1766 posts Member
    @meinaz and @suetopia

Oh, I believe you! No mistake about that :) I was just offering that it wasn't a problem I was having in particluar (not to say I won't get it). But I do understand that problems can occur. A few years back I had a problem with people visiting my town that were not my neighbors (weird!)

This is my game right now...
    1t9ITvU.png
    I hope they solve this problem for you soon.
  • suetopia wrote: »

Some of us have not been getting handshakes on some of the buildings tapped by neighbours.

It's not effecting everyone (as you have stated that you are getting handshakes and multiple handshakes), but its been a persistent problem for some (including myself) since at least November 2016.

I seem to remember having the same issue back when it started for you in November but it has been fine for a while now. I didn't realize it was affecting specific buildings. I will keep an eye on them in my town.
  • suetopia
    4224 posts Member
    suetopia wrote: »

I seem to remember having the same issue back when it started for you in November but it has been fine for a while now. I didn't realize it was affecting specific buildings. I will keep an eye on them in my town.

Thing is - it's not necessarily effecting specific buildings. At least it isn't for me.

Using the Simpsons house as an example. One time I'll go into my town and find a handshake there. The next time, it looks like it hasn't been tapped by a neighbour, but when I clear the $ sign a neighbours name will pop up (so it's been tapped).

It's totally random for me... that's the frustrating part - no rhyme nor reason. :/

• suetopia wrote: »

Thing is - it's not necessarily effecting specific buildings. At least it isn't for me.

Using the Simpsons house as an example. One time I'll go into my town and find a handshake there. The next time, it looks like it hasn't been tapped by a neighbour, but when I clear the $ sign a neighbours name will pop up (so it's been tapped).

It's totally random for me... that's the frustrating part - no rhyme nor reason. :/

Sorry to hear that. Hope it gets better for you guys. Have you tried EA?
  • suetopia
    4224 posts Member
    Here's what I said back in November 2016 about it:
    Update: there is no rhyme or reason to the missing OR the visible handshakes. It seems completely random - one time a building will show the handshake over it, the next time the same building has been tapped and is not showing the handshake.

I discovered the randomness because I was trying to create a list of buildings that were and weren't showing the handshakes, so I could post it here, and kept getting discrepancies... so no point in making a list.

• suetopia
    4224 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Sorry to hear that. Hope it gets better for you guys. Have you tried EA?

They would likely just direct me back here or Answers HQ...

I guess I'm hoping that if enough people report it here, someone who works for EA will notice or report it.

• spritals148
    1826 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Not that this isn't happening to me, missing handshakes, as I clear everything as habit and don't always pay attention. What is happening, started during event is multiple neighbours on one building at the same time! I have a few buildings that are alone,nothing in range around them is tappable and it had a hack on it.
    Tapped the hack and @fastshadow2 @Muhsterino and @nenenstew all popped up. Thought I had to be mistaken yet it happened 2 other times as well and with other locations and once yesterday but with no handshake above the building at all.
    Dunno.
    Sometimes I think glitches are just random to **** with our heads.
    >:)>:)>:)
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • rw228
    1043 posts Member
    I never noticed this until yesterday but it is now happening in my town as well. Two out three are typically missing from what I've seen.
  • suetopia
    4224 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Bumping in an effort to try to keep this on the front page for a few days. Hoping the longer this is kept visible, the more people who have the issue will find this and comment.

EDIT: autocorrect
  • Davidbo33
    114 posts Member
    I noticed this happening for the first time today.
  • suetopia
    4224 posts Member
    @Davidbo33

That's no good Boss :/

Really sorry to hear it's happening to you too. :disappointed:
  • deirdre2361
    144 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I've had some oddities for a while now. Example, I tap a building and the neighbor name floats away. I continue around tapping buildings, and come back to the first one, tap it again, and same original neighbor name floats again, with $ and XP again. Perhaps it is in truth a different neighbor but the name got stuck? Who knows, but it is strange.
  • suetopia
    4224 posts Member
    I've had some oddities for a while now. Example, I tap a building and the neighbor name floats away. I continue around tapping buildings, and come back to the first one, tap it again, and same original neighbor name floats again, with $ and XP again. Perhaps it is akin truth a different neighbor but the name got stuck? Who knows, but it is strange.

That is really weird!

• Davidbo33
    114 posts Member
    @Davidbo33

I blame you, sueboss. This never happened before...though it's entirely possible it did, I just never noticed it. ;)
  • suetopia
    4224 posts Member
    Davidbo33 wrote: »
    @Davidbo33

I blame you, sueboss. This never happened before...though it's entirely possible it did, I just never noticed it. ;)

:neutral:

*hugs*