EA Forums - Banner

Missing Handshakes seems to be back.

124Next

Replies

• Sorry but I have to ask... Why is this so important?
  • suetopia
    4224 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    ldavidgr68 wrote: »
    Sorry but I have to ask... Why is this so important?

Guessing you don't have this problem...

It's important to some of us because we can't determine what has and hasn't been tapped by neighbours.

Some of us like to leave things for them to tap, and when you don't know what has and has not been tapped, it's hard to know what is okay to clear and what isn't. It's frustrating. And it's been going on for a long time now.

• Actually I'm not convinced that clearing at my end (regular clearing not clearing friends handshakes) really has an effect. I mean, I have cleared 24 hr buildings, collected rent and the friends handshake. While I was still in the game, about half hour later (and 23.5 away from normal rent collection) it had another handshake on it.
    Which means someone clearly tapped it before it was "ready for collection"
    I can even tell ya the 2 diff friends as they visit often so it wasn't a case of "maybe that happened"
    So was that a gliche or what? Maybe they can't be tapped by neighboureenos until a few pennies have built up but don't think my collecting the rents leave the building impotent to neighbour visits.
    Just my experience. Granted I can't explain how sometimes I visit others and they have nothing available to tap, even with 100 friends there are more then 300 available things to tap generally.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • I'm just giving you a hard time, @suetopia. :)
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    ldavidgr68 wrote: »
    Sorry but I have to ask... Why is this so important?

For new players, it prevents them from getting friendship points. If there is no handshake, it doesn't count towards the total. For my crawl town, I would wake up some mornings with no handshakes, but a full set of names. I probably only got half, if that, of the friendship points I should have.
  • suetopia
    4224 posts Member
    Davidbo33 wrote: »
    I'm just giving you a hard time, @suetopia. :)

:o

:)

• Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    So is this the same Stackable Handshskes, that was so beneficial in converting Xp to donuts that caused an uproar on the forums awhile ago. I'm just curious because, I can't tell if it's the same glitch, or not glitch depending on what side of the debate you chose to take. I don't really remember what the final word on whether it was a glitch, cheating, exploit etc... but I know they finally fixed it and put an end to it, because it was too good and people talked about it too much. Are their any donut benefits to this latest handshakes situation, or is it just a glitch.
  • suetopia
    4224 posts Member
    Igcognita wrote: »
    So is this the same Stackable Handshskes, that was so beneficial in converting Xp to donuts that caused an uproar on the forums awhile ago. I'm just curious because, I can't tell if it's the same glitch, or not glitch depending on what side of the debate you chose to take. I don't really remember what the final word on whether it was a glitch, cheating, exploit etc... but I know they finally fixed it and put an end to it, because it was too good and people talked about it too much. Are their any donut benefits to this latest handshakes situation, or is it just a glitch.

Stackables is not the issue most of us are having. And no - no donut benefits.

As the title says - it's missing handshakes.

• Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    Sorry. I thought I read on one of these threads that multiple handshakes had made a return. I guess it wasn't this one. :)
  • suetopia
    4224 posts Member
    Igcognita wrote: »
    Sorry. I thought I read on one of these threads that multiple handshakes had made a return. I guess it wasn't this one. :)

No worries. :)

I think someone did mention stackables in here. :)
  • frosted1414
    1997 posts Member
    XLDUy8q.png
    mdNzrer.png
    I didn't see any screen captures of the issue here. So, here are some screen captures of the issue.
  • suetopia
    4224 posts Member
    @frosted1414

Thank you for getting the before and after screenshots. Very helpful to have a visual. :)
  • simpsonare
    2149 posts Member
    Some money symbols turning out to be handshakes still happens to me sometimes
  • JJR2112
    354 posts Member
    The handshake icon has all but disappeared for me for a long time now and I’ve pretty much given up worrying about EA fixing it. Sorry neighbors… I try :/