• AARONRTD
    1807 posts Member
    I got Ivan no clams
  • simpsonare
    2268 posts Member
    This game sucks... money lol
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    I like the set up, but I missed two days and I've gotten zero posters for Ted
    phinneacttf in the Crawl to the Finish
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Drop rates are the pits. Im getting 3 vests every two days. And what the hell is
    Genghis Khan doing in the Renaissance? Not that I'm there yet. I have to get two more useless decos.
  • platt222
    626 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Vests were a real pain. I finally got the last set with less than a day on the timer.
  • So I'm getting bored and might be looking into playing Family Guy again . Thing is, I'm a real cheapskate. Freemium is my one and only rule.

Have any of you made it so far into this game whilst still staying freemium? I don't mind a crappy looking town I think - I just want something that looks like a town, but isn't horrendously like another SimCity tapper or god forbid, some Duplo town.

What I liked about Family Guy was the crisp images and how you could drag and drop the characters.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Emphasis on town building is minimal, because there's nowhere near enough land. Also money and exp become useless pretty quickly. It's all about getting stuff usually with incredibly frustrating drop rates to get characters you then stick in a hotel. Playing freemium, which I do, you just have to resign yourself to things like not getting Bill or Ted in a Bill and Ted adventure.

I'd recommend waiting and seeing how the futurama game is which will supposedly be available soon. But if you do join the few of us playing, feel free to gripe here.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Anyone else thinking to not do the Renaissance unlocks in their order? I was thinking to unlock The Last Supper first to have a source of blueprints, but wondering if that's going to be a problem somehow.
  • platt222
    626 posts Member
    That's what I've done, seemed wrong to be unlocking a building that drops nothing so early when the two only source of blueprints is the two buildings.

It is a two hour drop (dropping 2 blueprints) so you only need 8 successful drops.

Something that I only discovered today that they don't make very obvious if you have 20 or more leftover capsules from week 1 you can convert them to week 2 capsules in the store.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately, I only have 7.
  • Phinnea wrote: »
    Emphasis on town building is minimal, because there's nowhere near enough land. Also money and exp become useless pretty quickly. It's all about getting stuff usually with incredibly frustrating drop rates to get characters you then stick in a hotel. Playing freemium, which I do, you just have to resign yourself to things like not getting Bill or Ted in a Bill and Ted adventure.

I'd recommend waiting and seeing how the futurama game is which will supposedly be available soon. But if you do join the few of us playing, feel free to gripe here.

I'll be going for that too. Just kinda bored because a lot of games are in a lull. The drop rates sounds like hell, if they're similar to those in another game I play.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    I have to admit though there's some reason I'm still playing it, despite all the frustration. I don't think it's just masochism. I like the Bill and Ted event going on now. Not sure how long it would take to get to the point where you can play it. I think you have to reach district 3. It goes on until 6/14.
  • platt222
    626 posts Member
    Ok in an extension to what I mentioned before about trading in last weeks capsules. I just discovered if you go in the task list you can scroll back to last week and there are still tasks to complete so if you are doing anything in the week one area (like clearing Redcoats since Chris and Peter have no other use) then you can keep earning week 1 capsules to trade. I just collected 49 of them and who knows how many I missed by not collecting the completed tasks earlier.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Wow, thanks for that! I got 25 right off the bat. Can't decide whether to turn them in immediately or save up 50.

Forgot to say I got Ted. Paid 19 clams to rush the last round of vests and got him. so that's helpful.
    Post edited by Phinnea on
  • Thanks for the heads-up! I was wondering how to get more blue ones.

I had to buy Ted as well. The building that paid vests paid out like poop for me. I don't think a 6 hour task should have a "rare" drop rate.
  • platt222
    626 posts Member
    Spent 8 clams to get Leonardo so I could do his quest tonight in case they start week 3 on time. annoyingly I was only 2 cups short but would of had to wait 14 hours for Genghis to time out and refresh.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    8 clams well spent.
  • platt222
    626 posts Member
    As it happens not really since week 3 was a day late again.

7 day timer warning on week 3 new character.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Thanks for that. Not sure when I'll get to week 3 as I still have to get 80 capsules for Michaelangelo's studio which I doubt I'll need by the time I get it