EA Forums - Banner

Have you ever encountered a person (that you didn't know) playing TSTO?

Prev1

I don't think I ever have. I suppose because it's more of an at-home game.

But have you? Did you speak with them? Or did you only peer over their shoulder to see how inferior there town is?

Replies

• Yes during tapball event I came across a developer playing. We talked shop and didn't discuss, ever. I left the company a few months later. Never came across another tapper again.
  • I can't say I have either. The only tappers I've ever seen IRL are immediate family.
  • Only people I know that play are family members
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • Ratman is the only one who plays this game in his town as Ratman can do what he wants
    hDtmFYK.jpg
  • spyder1952850
    828 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Actually, I met 4 all at the same time. I was with my wife at her company end of year party. I was hooked into the hotels wifi and heard the familiar tones of the TSTO theme. I thought I had my volume turned off (it was) and realized it was coming from the table right behind me. Four other bored husbands all tapping away. We exchanged screen names and for a while we were neighbors. I don't remember who they were, so I don't know if they are still playing.
    Post edited by spyder1952850 on
  • 168sean168
    3187 posts Member
    I heard the game sound coming from a small boy in the bus. Other than that I do not know anyone else playing except my cousin
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    mcgonagalldisapproving.gif
  • Yesterday, while searching for something on my phone, a friend of mine asked if I played TSTO because he saw the icon on the splashscreen. :lol:
  • I had a new coworker see me on my phone and ask me if I was playing the Simpsons game. He said he used to play.
  • There were 3 guys where I work that play. They are the ones that got me started. Two of them have left the company, but are still my neighbors and all are still active.
  • I saw a guy on the bus playing. We exchanged info and he is one of my longest and best neighbors I have on my list. I still see him on the bus every once in a while.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • I found out one of my coworkers used to play. I encouraged him to pick it up again but he said he spent too much money playing so he had to delete it.
  • I walked by a car waiting for another car to pull out of a parking spot. The driver was playing TSTO. Seemed dangerous to me.
  • Jedihntr
    827 posts Member
    Once in a blue moon I'll see someone tapping on the train, though I've never spoken to them (commuters generally don't talk to one another). I also have at least two coworkers who still play.
  • During the Tapball event, I was at a local bookstore and the guy who owns the place was playing. I did not talk to him about it though.
  • jtgroth
    361 posts Member
    Went to a local bar/music venue and the woman taking money at the door was playing TSTO. I am a regular there, so we were friendly prior. Became neighbors in the game.

Later on, she told me that another regular played, so we became neighbors also. I also connected both of them with a good friend who plays (and is a regular).

This second woman turned me on to two other players. One of them was a bartender at the establishment, so I knew him. The other was a woman I hadn't previously met.
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Nope, I've never met anyone else that plays this game. In fact I'm the only person out of my peeps that plays this game, and I have to hide it from them, or I get the side eye. Especially, during events, when I tell people to hold on, I'm on a time schedule. I get a lot of bewildered looks.
  • 168sean168
    3187 posts Member
    jtgroth wrote: »
    Went to a local bar/music venue and the woman taking money at the door was playing TSTO. I am a regular there, so we were friendly prior. Became neighbors in the game.

Later on, she told me that another regular played, so we became neighbors also. I also connected both of them with a good friend who plays (and is a regular).

This second woman turned me on to two other players. One of them was a bartender at the establishment, so I knew him. The other was a woman I hadn't previously met.

You are turned on by so many ladies!
  • rw228
    1043 posts Member
    Igcognita wrote: »
    Nope, I've never met anyone else that plays this game. In fact I'm the only person out of my peeps that plays this game, and I have to hide it from them, or I get the side eye. Especially, during events, when I tell people to hold on, I'm on a time schedule. I get a lot of bewildered looks.

Same here. Apparently the time schedule rubs other people the wrong way.