EA Forums - Banner

No extra turtles?

Prev1
Ratbag72
172 posts Member
Looks like Homer's Chiliad no longer lets you tap turtles more than once, pity as trying to beat my record was only reason I kept squishing turtles.
But my mum says I'm cool

Replies

• I seem to be getting very few these days. Today was my lowest count yet with 10.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Yeah, I noticed this as well. The “glitch” (or however you want to describe the former mini-game behavior) seems to have been patched when the event dropped. Makes the mini-game a little less fun in my opinion.
  • mystery2mi
    2357 posts Member
    At first, I thought it was my imagination that I was getting fewer turtles. Will still play to get more Light Up Elder Gods and Cane Fields but not as enthusiastically.
  • I play at least 2x a day and haven't touched a turtle in months. In and out
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Did this happen with the latest patch? I played the other day and still got about 120. Homer is on task so I can't try it :(
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    Sometimes I did that for fun. Just to get 5 real quick before exiting.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • spritals148
    1826 posts Member
    I was getting about 70 a play, today I got 24. Is there a certain amount of turtles you have to get to receive canes fields and whatnot?
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    Is there a certain amount of turtles you have to get to receive canes fields and whatnot?

You don't need to get any. Just start the game and then arrow back out of it. No need to waste time tapping turtles.
  • spritals148
    1826 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Seriously?? How come I didn't already know that!!
    Well that makes it much better :) I'm easy.
    Edit! ....to get along with!!
  • Wow, I never realized that either! Thanks for the tip stinkbugger!
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Is there a certain amount of turtles you have to get to receive canes fields and whatnot?

You don't need to get any. Just start the game and then arrow back out of it. No need to waste time tapping turtles.

I knew that, but, as I said above, I sort of enjoyed the turtle-tapping aspect of the mini-game. I liked seeing if I could break 100. As far as the prizes are concerned — meh.

• spritals148
    1826 posts Member
    You actually tapped a 100? My highest was 76 and I was tapping the hell out of those poor turtles. Kept tapping em in the air!!
  • Is there a certain amount of turtles you have to get to receive canes fields and whatnot?

Thats what I meant when I said I havent touched a turtle in months. I thought that it was more widely known or I would have been more clear.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    You actually tapped a 100? My highest was 76 and I was tapping the **** out of those poor turtles. Kept tapping em in the air!!

I've gotten over 250 in the past. Seems like that sort of thing isn't possible anymore with the new update.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • girl22721
    1152 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I usually tap around 100-120 if I try (not very often these days); my best score was a little over 150 (which enabled me to discover that the most you can be rewarded for is limited to 150). Multiple taps never did anything for me, so my typical scores are unchanged, but having only a few short roads helps.
    Post edited by girl22721 on
  • wadebear
    3615 posts Member
    The one time I tried using the back arrow to get through quick my game crashed and put 8 minutes back on the timer.
    Oh, and my record is 159 turtles tapped. That was in my #3 game before I started land expansion. It seems the more land you have the further they spread out - unless you put down an area of nothing but street, then they'll congregate there. Unfortunately I don't have the space for a screen full of street in my #3 game right now so I'm hardly getting any Turtles.
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    You can still play that game? :o

Oops...
  • 4junk3000
    5275 posts Member
    Wow glad I found this thread. I just changed tablets and thought the reduction in turtles was because of my new device. Whew!
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • It's worth paying the game for the XP, too...it pays out way more XP than most buildings do.
  • What is so important about the cane fields the game gives?