EA Forums - Banner

Is the chess method for digging still the best one out there?

Prev13
Method I'm referring to:
http://i.imgur.com/ogJoJ2f.png

Awesome thanks to the people who thought this up! :D

It's a really good method that's gotten me very far. But I'm wondering if new discoveries have been made since then?

Replies

• rw228
    1056 posts Member
    It's what I use. I had 215 shovels and I am already at gem number 34 on the new prize track.
  • I've not heard of or come across a better method.
  • boldbhoy
    269 posts Member
    Certainly worked for me. I've just used 185 of my 189 shovels I saved and am now on Level 11.
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    Used no method at all at got 30 gems with my initial 199 shovels.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    jukan00 wrote: »
    I think that's basically the same as with the method. I wonder if you actually used some sort of a similar pattern.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • jukan00 wrote: »

I got to 38 gems with 199 shovels using chess method.
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    I just tried this method about a dozen or so times. My other method is better over half the time (the times the gem is not of the sides).
  • A dozen more gems and that last prize is mine.
    yess, best method so far.
  • I had 118 shovels to start act two. I got 19 gems using this particular method. I was hoping for more but I had a string of bad luck about halfway through my shovels.
  • rw228 wrote: »
    It's what I use. I had 215 shovels and I am already at gem number 34 on the new prize track.

Numbers the same for me without using this.
  • Rosshk wrote: »
    I just tried this method about a dozen or so times. My other method is better over half the time (the times the gem is not of the sides).

Gem is almost always on the sides for me. I think I found them in the middle maybe twice?
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member

I got to 38 gems with 199 shovels using chess method.

I also had about 150,000 fossil thingees with just my usual routine of checking in at breakfast/lunch/when I get home from work/when I go to bed (four times a day). I have no idea how but I far outpaced all of my neighbors, some by 100,000.
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    simp7fan wrote: »
    I think that's basically the same as with the method. I wonder if you actually used some sort of a similar pattern.

My personal pattern is hitting all four corners and then just going from there.
  • jukan00 wrote: »

How does that equate to "Used no method at all"?

• Equates just fine. I use that method :)
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member

:D well to be fair I don't do them in a certain order, I mix it up every time. Haha. Just tap the four corners to see what happens.
    You know what I mean. That one thread is going off on 12 dimensional chess level strategies.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member

:D well to be fair I don't do them in a certain order, I mix it up every time. Haha. Just tap the four corners to see what happens.
    You know what I mean. That one thread is going off on 12 dimensional chess level strategies.
    The "official" strategy can also be done in a few mixed orders, but corners are last. I agree about avoiding corners until the end, so if your strategy is to start there, I hope you're actually tapping one of the spots next to the corner... I mean, you're doing just fine and don't need my advice :p but it would make me feel better. ;):lol:

Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    I'm going to try this :) I've just been poking around lol :)
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • What not to do:
    i8hmydK.png
    SQ0FKX4.png
    ZCXfahn.png
    Mr. Papadapaconstantikasgianopolopodopotopolis was my father. You can call me Spiro.
  • i'm using the 'chess' method.. it's awesome, works perfect.
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP