EA Forums - Banner

earning papyri

I've noticed a member who's on my friend list earning over 130,000 papyri in one day?!
How is this even possible?
Don't tell me he did this without cheating...

Replies

• Quite possibly donuts.
  • Your guessing HappyGamer73.
    I'm looking for facts and not guesstimations... ;)
  • How can we give you facts when we don't have all the information? Post a screenshot. Are you sure you didn't mistakenly see the number of fossils he had collected? Did he have Act 2 (and maybe Act 3) content in his town before Act 1 ended (besides craftables)? How many fossils did he collect? Etc.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    How many shovels did he buy?
  • I have a neighbour like this...possibly the same one as you, I added them after a post in an 'Add Me' somewhere.... After only a few hours after the start of act 2, they had over 121000 papyri, I was doing my first neighbour visits of act 2 and saw the taskmaster Willie visual which was a bit disturbing, I don't know how they do it and to be frank, I don't care, as they usually have all the items that are available.. That gives me a way of looking to see how all the event items look and fit into a town and I have limited interactions with them which gives me more information as to whether or not I want to spend time/effort/event currency/IGC/doughnuts on things..

SPOILER ALERT
    Also while looking in their town it seems as though the camel is an NPC with a difference, it just stands in the same place, doesn't even move, is that worth 10,000 specimens, I don't think so, but at least I found out now than after i'd spent 10,000 specimens...

The musical Orb of **** is nice though

I just play the game I want to play and don't let what anyone else does bother me, I've enough stress in my life already :lol:
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    We can't fact for you unless we know way more. One odd element does not a cheater make.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    My highest neighbour has 82,000 papyri at level 55 and a mass of craftables things.
    Has made me think, but to be honest who cares.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • Somebody posted this Why suddenly can't I tap any of my neighbors buildings (and they can't see mine either)? and decided to send a friend request. Well the next they had finished act 1 (80,000 fossils) I have no reason think they did anything other than buy their way to the end with donuts.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • I've noticed a member who's on my friend list earning over 130,000 papyri in one day?!

If it's bothering you that much just unfriend them, personally I couldn't care less how someone else plays their game.
  • I've noticed a member who's on my friend list earning over 130,000 papyri in one day?!

If it's bothering you that much just unfriend them, personally I couldn't care less how someone else plays their game.

I was going to say the same thing. There is no shortage of replacements in the "add me" threads/section
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.

You’re not going to find a lot of sympathy for this point of view here on the forum, @darrenthabassist . As others have noted, rapid acquisition of game material is eminently possible given enough donuts. And, perhaps more to the point, the forum rules specifically forbid accusations of hacking.
  • Only time I bother to care how many Act currancy a neighbour has is when we are actually helping each other (think intel/hacks of spy event) and the number is 0 (zero)
    Cuz they do me no good :)
    Live and let live, long as they aren't screwing with my game I got no need to screw with theirs (or to be snarky about it)
    Like others have said though, it is nice to get to see stuff I haven't gotten yet.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • Camel is just a deco and it animates
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • First of all, I didn't name names as to who could be cheating. Frankly, I really don't care either way. Just making a curious observation. ...and no it doesn't "bother me"...
    For those who "don't care" as they put it, which seems to be a lot of ppl, why inform us of this?
    ...wish I could take back the time I started this post...

-end
  • KrustyBrand, If you are going to quote rules, or anything for that matter, back it with the source. I tried finding the rule you insisted on informing me of so that I have a better understanding as to what you are accusing me of. To which I don't see in any statement I made actually breaking the rule. It's all in the wording... Enlighten me with a url...
  • C0rgano
    442 posts Member
    Only time I bother to care how many Act currancy a neighbour has is when we are actually helping each other (think intel/hacks of spy event) and the number is 0 (zero)
    Cuz they do me no good :)
    Live and let live, long as they aren't screwing with my game I got no need to screw with theirs (or to be snarky about it)
    Like others have said though, it is nice to get to see stuff I haven't gotten yet.

same here... one of the nice things about events is it makes neighbors who no longer play stand out and easy to boot... if we get into a 2nd act and they haven't collected any event currency in act 1 or 2, I'll check their last login time to decide whether to keep them or not... (usually give a few week cushion but anything more than that gets cleared out to make room for active players)

• very true C0rgano
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    KrustyBrand, If you are going to quote rules, or anything for that matter, back it with the source. I tried finding the rule you insisted on informing me of so that I have a better understanding as to what you are accusing me of. To which I don't see in any statement I made actually breaking the rule. It's all in the wording... Enlighten me with a url...

The Forum Rules and Moderation thread, stickied at the top of the page.

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/106175/forum-rules-and-moderation#latest
  • thank you for reply KrustyBrand