EA Forums - Banner

Rail Yard Thread

Replies

• Haven't done anything with the Rail Yard for months but both last week and this week I was awarded a piece of track for tapping Lisa's Recycling plant. I always thought that any blueprints accumulated there got cancelled out when a new Rail Yard week started. I wonder if something has changed?
  • C0rgano
    442 posts Member
    bluntcard wrote: »
    I'm kinda OK with that. I think I would enjoy the game more if I could let some of the obsessive behavior go.

Yes!

BlMr34q.png

look on the bright side, your small parts and standard sprockets choices could both be trash-only for 2 and 3 blueprints respectively ;)
  • My dang rail yard only seems to want plastic this week. This is going to take a while.

• AARONRTD wrote: »
    simp7fan wrote: »
    BlMr34q.png
    I usually try to calculate the correct amount to turn in. I'm never short; usually over. That result of yours would probably bug me, indeed, but I take my preventative actions....

OtO1qlA.png
    So I did it too
    No biggie I just collect from the slurry plant after 4 but after seeing the post thought I'd share

Boo! That stinks!

Also, what is your avatar gif from?
    simp7fan wrote: »
    Hah. Is this our new challenge? Goal is 24999.

Now that you said I can't ~not~ do it.

*mental note* post a screenshot of mine next week
  • C0rgano wrote: »
    bluntcard wrote: »
    I'm kinda OK with that. I think I would enjoy the game more if I could let some of the obsessive behavior go.

Yes!

BlMr34q.png

look on the bright side, your small parts and standard sprockets choices could both be trash-only for 2 and 3 blueprints respectively ;)

Good point. :smile:
  • eFrtnVo.png
    So close. Next week I'll get 24999.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • Wow! So close!!!

I was 298 away.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    Haha, good job anyways!
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • IckabodSchrek
    5912 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I had similar in my freemium town this week, only off by a couple hundred. Next week I'll pay closer attention to the exact amount. It's especially annoying with the event. Short on workers and kept running into no one available to collect trash except Homer. I'm learning to task them differently. It's been a while since I did this in my main, and there I had premium characters to help.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • I had similar in my freemium town this week, only off by a couple hundred. Next week I'll pay closer attention to the exact amount. It's especially annoying with the event. Short on workers and kept running into no one available to collect trash except Homer. I'm learning to task them differently. It's been a while since I did this in my main, and there I had premium characters to help.

Do you play the PolyVac and Surveillance Post games? You can play them every four hours. I'm rarely short of trash these days.

• I had similar in my freemium town this week, only off by a couple hundred. Next week I'll pay closer attention to the exact amount. It's especially annoying with the event. Short on workers and kept running into no one available to collect trash except Homer. I'm learning to task them differently. It's been a while since I did this in my main, and there I had premium characters to help.

Do you play the PolyVac and Surveillance Post games? You can play them every four hours. I'm rarely short of trash these days.

PolyVac doesn't add to trash once your dump is at the 2000 'limit' but yes, I play the surveillance post whenever I see it ready, as stated earlier in the thread, I had to start monorail late one week and playing that mini game had me over 7500 trash waiting for me to start it....

Won't have as much when I start this weeks run tomorrow though...
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    I managed 7,100 last week in trash accumulation (a record for me) mostly it’s just over 6,000
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • Mine is 3000 if I'm lucky.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Mine is 3000 if I'm lucky.

I’ve been getting my trash count up to around 4 or 5K. For a number of weeks I was also making a conscious effort to accumulate a surplus of tin cans, plastic bottles, and glass bottles prior to Tuesday (to the very limited extent that the game permits one to do this). And how much did this strategy affect the length of time it took me to collect my 5 donuts? Pretty much none at all. It makes things a bit more convenient and slightly less time consuming during the initial collection visits on Tuesday (Day 1), but that’s about it. Before the release of the Drone Scan it took me 2 or sometimes 3 days to finish the Rail Yard sequence; and that’s still how long it takes me. Any effect of “hoarding” is swamped out but the much larger effect of how often you visit your town.

Post edited by KrustyBrand on
  • I forgot about the Rail Yard reset until late Monday night and decided to take my time finishing this week. I agree that it doesn't make enough of a difference to hoard or pull everyone off of tasks.
  • I love the railyard scenario. I play it every week. And I specially appreciate the fact that we get a five-donut bonus at every completion.

But here are my biggest complaints about this whole scenario:

1) Why can't the little Lisa recycling plant blueprints continue to accumulate during the week even after you have completed the week's tasks? Good grief, I paid 200 donuts for this thing and hardly any blueprints generated by it ever get used because I always play and complete the scenario every Tuesday when it restarts. I would really like these to accumulate throughout the week for the following week's tasks.

2) Why do we keep using all main/primary characters on this scenario? When new/other scenarios come up, there's always a conflict of resources because the main characters are needed for the new scenario, thus leaving the railyard scenario hanging. Why can't Bart Lisa Marge Homer, Etc. be taken off and replaced by some of the secondary characters who hardly ever do anything; especially ones that we paid money/donuts for but don't do anything, like the Yes-Man and Komico?

3) We need more train stations. Why can't we buy more train stations and their supporting pieces? Also, it would be nice to have a terminal that would support two tracks coming into it so that riders can change trains.

4) PLEASE stop generating so damn many curve pieces! I have OVER 400 curved pieces that will never ever be used for anything. How about generating more straight tracks? After all, that's what we truly need. Duh!!!!

5) How about giving us some switches (Turnouts) that can allow trains to take alternate routes.

6) I would like it better if when a train comes to an end of track, that it at least pauses for a couple seconds before it reverses direction instead of immediately changing direction as if it had bounced into a rubber wall; like it currently does.

7) How about providing some actual bridges for crossing rivers and other bodies of water? Some long bridge spans would look really cool, especially of the truss or plate-girder design.

8) How about providing a true 45-degree straight track for angling across certain areas? Those multiple transition pieces just look ridiculous when the train goes over it.

OK, that's my rant for today.

• rw228
    1060 posts Member
    The Little Lisa does accumulate if you wait until the end. I don't do the railyard until sundays and by that time Little Lisa's has usually gotten my close to the three track mark.
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    @aValIs4NU I definitely sympathise with you. Good points.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • Well, I almost considered not doing it this week, but may as well see what i can get done before the next update and the imminent start of another event
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    My god, this week was the easiest yet. I got my 5 donut reward, and less then two hours to fill plastic back up. It helped that I had the day off.