EA Forums - Banner
CLOSURE ANNOUNCEMENT: The TSTO forums will be closed on December 13th, 2023. Read more about the future of the forums here.

Did/Do you use Donuts to speed things up?

Once by accident, never again!

Replies

• SlinkyBeads
    442 posts
    edited February 2013
    When I was new to the game and the buildings started to take 24hours to build I did speed a couple up!

I don't anymore! So my answer was sometimes!
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    bendermac wrote:
    i never do it but i wasted a 3 donuts on a scratch-r. gotta watch out what you click ;)

I didnt even notice you could use donuts on the Scratch R thing :?
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • heavy liquid
    167 posts
    edited February 2013
    I voted no, even though I have used them to speed a couple things up in the past. Never again.
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited February 2013
    Nope. The nice thing about leaving the iPad at home when I go to work is that I then don't mind having to wait a chunck of time while something builds.
  • NStanger91
    1358 posts New member
    edited February 2013
    Sometimes it depends how impatient I feel
  • cool2006
    796 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Never have and never will. I don't mind waiting for things
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    By accident : rent "Simpsons house" :twisted:
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited February 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    bendermac wrote:
    i never do it but i wasted a 3 donuts on a scratch-r. gotta watch out what you click ;)

Not to pay for it, but you can spend 3 to elapse the time before you can buy another one.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited February 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    bendermac wrote:

Not to pay for it, but you can spend 3 to elapse the time before you can buy another one.

Its an instant thing too you dont get a chance to cancel it so careful with the scratch- R

And I have used it to speed up things once or twice but not i just like to enjoy to game as im coming to the end of the story line so i refuse to rush through anything again
  • PlacentaSandwich
    1148 posts
    edited February 2013
    I think I've used donuts to speed up, like 2 or 3 times.
    Not anymore.
  • Keys1980
    393 posts New member
    edited February 2013
    Hindsight.

I answered honestly with sometimes. Although today I see it was more of an accident of sorts. Ignorance really.

When I first downloaded this "free" game, I had never played any type of sim game like it before. I had no clue that donuts would be so hard to come by. I sped up the first however many tasks of the game with the donuts they handed out at the beginning for free.

Then very shortly down the road I made another giant noob mistake. I thought I was buying donuts with money when what I was doing was buying money for donuts.

If I could go back in time I would implore myself to hold onto donuts and use them exclusively for premium content.

• BouncyX
    114 posts
    edited February 2013
    i did a few times at the beginning because i was getting 10 donuts a week or more through the weekly mystery box and i thought that was normal and would keep going. i learned the hard way, luckily i didnt spend too many doing that.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    Poorly worded question. I did when I started playing, so I voted yes. I wanted some of the limited halloween content and wasn't going to have the church built in time to get the heck house facade.

Had I realized how precious those doughnuts were, I never would have done that. And I have never wasted any doughnuts that I paid for so frivolously.
  • jblaze013
    95 posts
    edited February 2013
    I did when I first started now never way to valuable lol
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    For me it's a balance and really depends on my schedule. I only speed up buildings, not tasks. I rarely speed up the full 24 hours for a building. How much I speed it up depends on what time of the day I started building. For instance, if I started building at 8:00 pm, I'll let it go through the night and I may speed up the last 10-12 hours the following morning.
  • topherjax
    35 posts
    edited February 2013
    I debated on it one or twice until I accidentally hit it on a very short task, and all I could hear in my head was Homer screaming " Undo! Undo! Undo!... Whew." Pretty much cured me.
  • albert2k
    271 posts
    edited February 2013
    At the beggining I made some mistake, now I have more care.
  • 2Shay539
    52 posts
    edited February 2013
    I haven't yet but have hovered over the button. My fricken corn is my tempatation now- but three more days, why rush now?
    I was tempted because I was a couple thousand dollars from my "bonus" 25 level and my grove was almost done. Thankfully, I remembered that I don't get any good glitches; levelled up and got my one donut.
    I'm a donut chicken. I have over 200 of them and still can't bring myself to spend them in case something better comes along lol! I have bought Moleman- because he's Moleman and Squeaky teen- I don't know why... I'm debating between Frink's and Krusty Studio but want to wait until the V day stuff is done in case there is something I want in the update...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.