EA Forums - Banner

Anyone else tired of EA being crooks?

Yes, so tired that I am off to sleep.....nighty night!

Replies

• mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I don't think anyone likes that it does that...it's just something you get used to, I suppose.
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited February 2013
    well may i say that the problem is you?

because it is.. i play since october 14th, and made this, about 3 times maximum... how i stopped?

tapping slow and paying attention!!! simple thing!!!
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited February 2013
    None of us like it.

A tip. Just wait a few seconds a let the cash collect on its own.
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited February 2013
    Still locked out. These **** € k E R S don't care. Day 12. I have spent over $400 of my own real money on this game, can't legally get a refund, EA won't acknowledge problem after 2 open tickets and can possibly never get the chance to play the game again as if they they never fix my game there is nothing I can do about it.

I would only hope people start openly hack for donuts. Don't spend a dime of your own money. They can take it all and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Read iTunes refund policy. Read EULA of Tapped Out. You have ZERO rights if anything happens.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited February 2013
    Its been mentioned a bunch of times hopefully they will change it in the future
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited February 2013
    But they don't have to and there is nothing as a game player you can do about it. Just be smarter than I was about spending your own money because they can take the whole game away from you and you can do nothing about it.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited February 2013
    But they don't have to and there is nothing as a game player you can do about it. Just be smarter than I was about spending your own money because they can take the whole game away from you and you can do nothing about it.

Honestly It sucks what happened to you and I hope everything works out and they fix your game, I also spent a fair amount on this game and Id be freaking pissed if I couldnt log in to my game for 12 days
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited February 2013
    My point Brenner as I have spent countless hours on emails with iTunes to find out you will not get a refund unless a technical snafu and only them it pertains to purchases within 30 days. You can dispute your credit card but they ultimately side with iTunes as you agree to 75 page license agreement that basically gives you no leg to stand on. I have contacted EA 2 times by email 4 times by phone and they still refuse to acknowledge the problem. If you read the EA EULA they actually have a portion where they don't promise the game to actually work. Oh yeah it really is in there. So if you had funny money and wanted to sue them, guess what, for what. Their insane EULA tells the consumer is nothing is promised and is basically buyer beware.

They may fix my game. Good chance they won't.

Be so careful in spending any real money here. It is not protected and legally you can do nothing.
  • thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited February 2013
    The complaint had more validity (and yes, I've accelerated the brown house payout on accident once myself) when there was no way to obtain free donuts. Now that you get a couple freebies once you hit the level max the occasional accidental acceleration should be about cancelled out by the extras you're getting for free, to say nothing of the way we made out like bandits after the Christmas stockings.
  • pooeymonkey
    158 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    LMAO. On my other account, my main one, I spent well over £200 between September and November on donuts to gain all premium items, with plenty of donuts leftover for future updates. Remember on the forums when everyone sussed that the bonus +2.00%XP/cash with purchasing premium items was a lie and it didn't mathematically add up?

Well, I made a formal complaint to Apple highlighting this, saying that I never would have spent money on ingame purchases had this been the case. Guess what? The lovely, lovely people at Apple FULLY refunded my £200 within 24 hours (obviously getting to keep all my premium items and my leftover 730 donuts).

I did repay them, however, by heavily leaning on the decision to buy a £1,000 Macbook Pro. Zero money to EA, mind.

This whole thread will most likely get deleted just because of my post. It happened before when I confessed this.
  • chelsea0790
    407 posts
    edited February 2013
    Remember on the forums when everyone sussed that the bonus +2.00%XP/cash with purchasing premium items was a lie and it didn't mathematically add up?

Well, I made a formal complaint to Apple highlighting this, saying that I never would have spent money on ingame purchases had this been the case.

What do you mean by this? You made a complaint to apple saying you wouldnt have paid any money to them, but what was the problem I don't really understand. I'd sure love to spend $100 and complain for a refund and keep the donuts :D
  • pooeymonkey
    158 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    You say that ingame it states eg "by purchasing this burning bush you get +0.25%xp and $!" (which turned out to be a much-discussed lie circa November) and this simply wasn't the case, I never would have bought donuts had I know this wasn't true (lol). This is a clear breach of terms and conditions as this was sold by EA on false pretences. Then await your full refund.

Chances are this no longer applies as EA seems to have amended this. And possibly depends how nice your customer service representative is chosen at random. Mine was called Naseem. He was lovely.
  • mitsuhoney
    261 posts New member
    edited February 2013
    Well I have been an avid long time player of The Sims franchise, so I knew quite long before TSTO that they were crooks, and it sucks cause the two games I love and play the most (The Sims and TSTO) are by EA, who are obviously so money hungry that its sad, and they cant even fix common issues in their games...
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm finding it hard to believe that they won't refund money for a broken product. Have you acquired refunds already from them for TSTO? You can file it under "app not behaving in the way expected" and that is grounds for a refund.

The thing is...the game is fixed.

There is no longer grounds for refunds and I'm sure Apple/iTunes is aware of this which is probably why they stopped isusing them.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    LMAO. On my other account, my main one, I spent well over £200 between September and November on donuts to gain all premium items, with plenty of donuts leftover for future updates. Remember on the forums when everyone sussed that the bonus +2.00%XP/cash with purchasing premium items was a lie and it didn't mathematically add up?

Well, I made a formal complaint to Apple highlighting this, saying that I never would have spent money on ingame purchases had this been the case. Guess what? The lovely, lovely people at Apple FULLY refunded my £200 within 24 hours (obviously getting to keep all my premium items and my leftover 730 donuts).

I did repay them, however, by heavily leaning on the decision to buy a £1,000 Macbook Pro. Zero money to EA, mind.

This whole thread will most likely get deleted just because of my post. It happened before when I confessed this.

Probably not a coincidence that two of the primary threads that outlined this problem were deleted back in the November/December time frame.
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Speculation of EA deleting threads - surely they'd have deleted this one for the title alone?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.