EA Forums - Banner

Last Film you watched / Up Coming Movies

Replies

• 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    wKaZbEo.jpg

I watched Insidious 3 (2015). Not a James Wan directed movie. Could tell it is not as good as 1 & 2,

igpMBng.jpg

Then I watched John Wick 2 (2017). Very good action scenes. The actors and stuntmen really need to put in a lot of effort to rehearse for the scenes as we could see the scenes clearly. Not cut and paste and shaky like what other movies are doing these days
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    168sean168 wrote: »
    I watched Insidious 3. Not a James Wan directed movie. Could tell it is not as good as 1 & 2,

Then I watched John Wick 2. Very good action scenes. The actors and stuntmen really need to put in a lot of effort to rehearse for the scenes as we could see the scenes clearly. Not cut and paste and shaky like what other movies are doing these days

I recall speaking about John Wick in rather disparaging tones after first watching it, but a few repeat viewings have made me revise my opinion upward. If you can accept its over-the-top nature, one can discern that it’s really well crafted with some surprisingly light directorial touches. I’ve heard through the grapevine that the sequel isn’t quite as good, but I’ll withhold judgment. It’s been high up in my to-be-watched queue for a while now.
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    I watched Insidious 3. Not a James Wan directed movie. Could tell it is not as good as 1 & 2,

Then I watched John Wick 2. Very good action scenes. The actors and stuntmen really need to put in a lot of effort to rehearse for the scenes as we could see the scenes clearly. Not cut and paste and shaky like what other movies are doing these days

I recall speaking about John Wick in rather disparaging tones after first watching it, but a few repeat viewings have made me revise my opinion upward. If you can accept its over-the-top nature, one can discern that it’s really well crafted with some surprisingly light directorial touches. I’ve heard through the grapevine that the sequel isn’t quite as good, but I’ll withhold judgment. It’s been high up in my to-be-watched queue for a while now.

Actually I wasnt blown away by John Wick but I find that the sequel is a better film than the first one.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member

Actually I wasnt blown away by John Wick but I find that the sequel is a better film than the first one.

I wouldn’t describe myself as “blown away” either, but I do find it enjoyable. For me it’s morphed into one of those movies with a high “rewatchability” quotient. Your comments certainly increase my interest in the sequel.

• 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    empathy77 wrote: »
    Spider-Man_Homecoming_poster.jpg
    This is the last movie I saw, I liked it but did not love it. I had some problems with its continuity with the MCU, which I love.

war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes-poster.jpg
    I'm seeing this movie on Thursday.

I just watched spiderman today too. The spiderman feels like the comic book spiderman. It was an ok watch. But Wonder Woman is still better for me as it evoked my emotions.
  • Wonder Woman, I'm literally the biggest DC fan in my city ha.

If I could I'd write for them, I've already designed a ton of characters tbh.
    At level 65, started forums June 2017, add me if you want I'm on every day.
  • Baby Driver. Pretty good, but it dragged in some spots.
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I watched Disney’s live-action remake of 1991’s Beauty and the Beast. I was a huge fan of the original animated film, so I was a little surprised to discover that I didn’t find the new one as terrible as have many of the film’s naysayers would have us believe. I actually liked some of the script choices that amplified or altered character background and motivation. On the other hand I didn’t much care for the look of the CGI-dense film; and the singing, even with the talents of such luminaries as Audra MacDonald, often falls a bit short of that in original.
    5_Star_Rating_System_3_and_a_half_stars.png

YnzoXho.jpg

I just watched Beauty and the Beast (2017) live action today. It is a musical! Love it and some of the songs are so familiar to me. Especially the Beauty and the Beast ballad, this song is so famous that it was translated into different languages. Overall very good. My eyes were a little wet in the end
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    hRpWpUc.jpg

I just watched The Boondock Saints (1999). Young Model looking Daryl from the Walking Dead is in it. So is William Dafoe. In this movie I am surprised to see William's portrayal of his character. Never see him in this way before. The film also used practical gunshots effects and those moments are violent. Overall though, it was just an ok movie for me.
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Watched Ghost in the Shell (2015) Japanese anime. Plot hard to follow, in the end, I still do not quite understand the storyline. When there are actions, it is quite good but other than that, a convoluted film

z56M5rH.jpg
    Ok I just watched live action Ghost in the Shell (2017) . It is really good for me. Fantastic visuals of a futuristic world. I do not understand why it would tank in the box office. I feel that being a hollywood movie that is targeted at a global audience, it is alright to have a white lead.

With a bit of background of the characters from the anime, I find it helped in my enjoyment of the show though it is not necessary
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Q8ISpc8.jpg

I watched Master (2016) Korean film. The white ninja of GI Joe acted in it. This guy is a great actor and I enjoy this show. There is also a beautiful young lad in it ,Kim Woo-bin. Some Korean Male artists are as beautiful as the actresses. This is a not so serious crime thriller that centres around MLM or network Marketing.
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    htoGhgW.jpg

Resident Evil Vendetta (2017). A Japanese made animation movie with life like visuals. Stays more faithful to the game than the live action movie. Good action scenes. Overall just an ok watch. I did like the live action movies but find that it has run for too long. Feel like it was used by Director to help his actress wife.
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    DDyTe6H.jpg

The Conjuring 2 (2016). I dont find it so scary. In fact, rather comical at times. Some ideas were fresh though as I expected some cliches but it turned out different
  • SakuraNeko08
    3531 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Just watched Dunkirk. It was pretty good and intense at parts. I will warn people, at the very beginning it lists a place and time, introduces you to certain characters then introduces another place and time. There are three different times in the movie, and it will switch between these times after it introduces you to all three and their main characters without warning. At first I didn't realise that and was a bit confused but then remembered about the text at the beginning and realised it was basically three different perspectives.
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• Just watched Dunkirk. It was pretty good and intense at parts. I will warn people, at the very beginning it lists a place and time, introduces you to certain characters then introduces another place and time.

It's also worth pointing out to those that haven't seen it that a "mole" is a uk word for "a pier, jetty, breakwater, or junction between places separated by water", referring to the jetty that is the focus of that section of the film.
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Just watched Dunkirk. It was pretty good and intense at parts. I will warn people, at the very beginning it lists a place and time, introduces you to certain characters then introduces another place and time. There are three different times in the movie, and it will switch between these times after it introduces you to all three and their main characters without warning. At first I didn't realise that and was a bit confused but then remembered about the text at the beginning and realised it was basically three different perspectives.

This sounds like Rogue One. I was lost in the first half of that movie!

RLowMDU.jpg
    Today I got to watch The Accountant (2016) . At times I felt like I am watching batman without the costume
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    Been a long time since I watched a comedy and actually laughed. Great cast and some pretty funny jokes in Spy. I even enjoyed reading the end credits. Jason Statham as Rick Ford was hilariously brilliant and he will return in Spy2.
    IMG_2321.jpg
  • SakuraNeko08
    3531 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Just finished watching Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. It was pretty good though most of the intense action scenes were in the preview of the movie. It had some good funny parts to it and the starring actress had some big...uh...lemons which you end up seeing during a part I thought was funny when you learned about her hat.
    Post edited by SakuraNeko08 on
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• johncolombo
    11383 posts Senior Moderator
    Re watched sister act tonight after playing the gif matching game.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • MrPepsiMax1
    2736 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Last night I watched a comedy film called Army of One starring Nicolas Cage and Russell Brand.

Here a bit about it
    Gary Faulkner (Nicolas Cage), an ex-con, unemployed handyman, and modern day Don Quixote receives a vision from God telling him to capture ****. Armed with only a single sword purchased from a home-shopping network, Gary travels to Pakistan to complete his mission. While on his quest, Gary encounters old friends back home in Colorado, new friends he makes in Pakistan, the enemies he makes at the CIA -- and even God and Osama themselves.
    It's based on a real story of Gary Faulkner who travels to Pakistan to find Bin lad en
    It's a very funny film.