EA Forums - Banner

Donuts Harvested not Saved?

Replies

• girl22721
    1151 posts Member
    That should be okay; stay under the limit and you don't get blocked.
  • girl22721 wrote: »
    Impossible to earn? Come on now, don't exaggerate. A 1000 a day is plenty.

You might be misunderstanding. If you earn 1000 donuts in 24 hours then your limit for the next 24 hours is 0 (zero).

No one is misunderstanding. You might be upset about the change, but that still far off from being "impossible to earn".
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    rw228 wrote: »
    So then essentially it's 1000 every 48 hours?
    What if you stop at say 950 in 24 hours?
    I'm finding that the
    Igcognita wrote: »
    I wasn't going to comment on this issue, because some seem to take it so personally, and go extra hard to defend it but...
    I'm going to throw this out there...
    I've been coming to this forum since 2012, when my game first reverted back to level 1, a common occurrence in the beginning of the game. One thing I've noticed over the years is, that EA pays attention to some of the things said here. In the beginning there were a few benefitting glitches that lasted, from what I've read, for almost a year or more, until people started talking about them here, then I noticed they started ending glitches quicker. The more they were discussed on this forum, months turned into a couple of days.
    I say this to address this current issue, hacking has been going on since the games inception, boasting about outrageously enormous gains from the use of exploits, has been going on a few months, keyword: Exploits. This could just be the first wave of methods their going to implement to address this issue. Don't poke the bear...

I will say this @Igcognita, I do agree with you in that I firmly believe EA comes to this board, reads various threads/posts and takes notice of what players are doing with the game... both good and bad. I think it would be naive to believe that they didn't. It's their game, their forum, their servers. I base this strong feeling on personal experience when I ran a website affiliated with Paramount Pictures. They most certainly did collect and extract data and information that they used for different purposes (marketing, feedback, etc.). So yes, I feel you are correct in saying that EA does indeed pay attention to what is posted here.
    Yc73gQ4.gif
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • girl22721
    1151 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    No one is misunderstanding. You might be upset about the change, but that still far off from being "impossible to earn".

He said impossible whilst he was still blocked. That's correct.
  • You are assuming to much from his phrase.
    He might be saying that, but he might perfectly well saying that it's impossible to earn, period.
  • jamesj9371 wrote: »
    I tested out the donut losses today. I started out the day with 30028 donuts, and I ground out 1000 donuts using RTDTs in batches of 100 donuts, syncing after each batch. When I tried to sync my thousandth donut I was knocked back to 799 earned today. Every donut earned after this disappears into the ether.

My experience seems to closely match @168sean168's reports.

This is what I don't understand...why 799? Why not 999 or limit to 1000 and no more? It seems like it's robbing you of what you earned below the 1000 "cap".
  • girl22721
    1151 posts Member
    The limit seems to apply across a rolling 24 hour period so jamesj9371 could've had 200 donuts from the previous "day" count towards his limit, e.g. if you make donuts in the evening they still count the following morning & afternoon.
  • rw228
    1046 posts Member
    Seems like the time is similar to friend visits then? I don't produce nearly that amount in one day to test it.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3065 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    girl22721 wrote: »
    The limit seems to apply across a rolling 24 hour period so jamesj9371 could've had 200 donuts from the previous "day" count towards his limit, e.g. if you make donuts in the evening they still count the following morning & afternoon.

But it allowed him up to 1000, and then retroactively took away that 200...doesn't make sense. If he'd already earned the 200, why not stop him there @ 799, instead of waiting to sync that last one?

Just seems like shenanigans on EA's part.
  • girl22721
    1151 posts Member
    Yeah, the game doesn't stop awarding donuts; they're lost at sync time. I don't know why he could lose 200 at a time when working in batches of 100; maybe just a typo.
  • I stopped farming any donuts for 2 days to let any and all timers clear up. Then I farmed about 1100 donuts, went to the neighbors screen, then went back to my town, and I lost the donuts that exceeded 1000.

The developers of the game were the ones that made it easier to farm donuts. They created the IRS tap radius tool, and the 5x XP collider, making it easier and faster to farm donuts. They also devalued it along the way by giving it out free with the daily challenges, find Maggie game, and the railyard tasks. They hyperscale farmers are now being penalized because they outsmarted the developers, and used their own features in a way that wasn't expected or anticipated.

I do feel sorry for those mods over at the Reddit freedonuts forum, now that there is a 1000 donut limit, they will be getting a lot more repeat requests.
  • I stopped farming any donuts for 2 days to let any and all timers clear up. Then I farmed about 1100 donuts, went to the neighbors screen, then went back to my town, and I lost the donuts that exceeded 1000.

The developers of the game were the ones that made it easier to farm donuts. They created the IRS tap radius tool, and the 5x XP collider, making it easier and faster to farm donuts. They also devalued it along the way by giving it out free with the daily challenges, find Maggie game, and the railyard tasks. They hyperscale farmers are now being penalized because they outsmarted the developers, and used their own features in a way that wasn't expected or anticipated.

I do feel sorry for those mods over at the Reddit freedonuts forum, now that there is a 1000 donut limit, they will be getting a lot more repeat requests.

Feel sorry? Let them burn
  • 0Brooders0
    2187 posts Member
    simpsonare wrote: »
    I stopped farming any donuts for 2 days to let any and all timers clear up. Then I farmed about 1100 donuts, went to the neighbors screen, then went back to my town, and I lost the donuts that exceeded 1000.

>:)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2310 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    simpsonare wrote: »
    I stopped farming any donuts for 2 days to let any and all timers clear up. Then I farmed about 1100 donuts, went to the neighbors screen, then went back to my town, and I lost the donuts that exceeded 1000.

Dang right, if it wasn't for them and their nefarious methods, we legitimate players would be allowed to play the game in peace!
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • simpsonare wrote: »

Dang right, if it wasn't for them and their nefarious methods, we legitimate players would be allowed to play the game in peace!

100% right! I still can't fathom people wanting to play any game this way...it's like people don't value achievement by hard work anymore!
  • I do feel sorry for those mods over at the Reddit freedonuts forum, now that there is a 1000 donut limit, they will be getting a lot more repeat requests.

Maybe I would feel sorry for them if they were doing something on the up and up, instead of what they are doing. As it stands now, I agree, let them burn. Its a wonder EA tolerates it, seeing how belligerent they are in advertising what they do.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • it's like people don't value achievement by hard work anymore!

I agree. Now quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers! :D
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    This thread really shouldn't derail into a rant about reddit, imo. These posts are from people who have played the game using the methods EA has in place to increase their donut bank. It's really nothing more than that.
    I will say that I regret spending so much real life cash on this game back when I was starting out. Had I known then that EA was going to limit my rewards once I attained a self-servicing level, I wouldn't have done it.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • 0Brooders0
    2187 posts Member
    Davidbo33 wrote: »
    it's like people don't value achievement by hard work anymore!

I agree. Now quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers! :D

I know I'm a sinner but make me a winner! :#
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • empathy77
    4176 posts Member
    Is this 1,000 donut limit per 24 hours concrete information or assumed speculation?

If this is indeed new code implemented in the game, it will not effect me. Personally, when I turn my XP collider on I do it for 10 days and harvest about 300 a day or so.