EA Forums - Banner

Donuts Harvested not Saved?

Replies

• Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    empathy77 wrote: »
    Is this 1,000 donut limit per 24 hours concrete information or assumed speculation?

If this is indeed new code implemented in the game, it will not effect me. Personally, when I turn my XP collider on I do it for 10 days and harvest about 300 a day or so.

You might need to go back and read through the thread. This isn't speculation ;)
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • I understand the desire for a bank of donuts and I totally understand the anger at EA for changing the rules on legit players but I'm genuinely interested in knowing what people are spending 1000 donuts a day on.

Is it for rushing tasks or through events? I would imagine that after a while of earning that many donuts there would be nothing to spend them on. The heaviest events cost a couple thousand in donuts for characters/items/building/decorations. Just buying multiple non-unique decorations?
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    I understand the desire for a bank of donuts and I totally understand the anger at EA for changing the rules on legit players but I'm genuinely interested in knowing what people are spending 1000 donuts a day on.

Is it for rushing tasks or through events? I would imagine that after a while of earning that many donuts there would be nothing to spend them on. The heaviest events cost a couple thousand in donuts for characters/items/building/decorations. Just buying multiple non-unique decorations?

No one said they were spending 1k donuts a day(?) (if they did, I missed it .. sorry). The problematic issue is the inability to "earn" and "keep" donuts that we've worked for. EA wants you to purchase premium items and, as an incentive, awards you bonus percentage points. So, you work on that path.. increasing your percentage.. and then EA says "oh sorry. We know you spent $$$ to get where you are, but we're changing the game rules now" :/
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Jonalinn wrote: »
    I understand the desire for a bank of donuts and I totally understand the anger at EA for changing the rules on legit players but I'm genuinely interested in knowing what people are spending 1000 donuts a day on.

No one said they were spending 1k donuts a day(?) (if they did, I missed it .. sorry). The problematic issue is the inability to "earn" and "keep" donuts that we've worked for. EA wants you to purchase premium items and, as an incentive, awards you bonus percentage points. So, you work on that path.. increasing your percentage.. and then EA says "oh sorry. We know you spent $$$ to get where you are, but we're changing the game rules now" :/

I don’t want to put words in @1ahackamacka ’s mouth, but perhaps the question he was really trying to ask is, why would one wish to accumulate donuts at the rate of 1000 per day, if not to spend them. Having a donut supply that numbers in the mere hundreds I can only speculate, but I have always assumed that at least for some gamers the accumulation of large quantities of donuts is an end in and of itself in much the same way that some high-level users have pursued the $2B cap. Nothing wrong with that, of course, if it makes the gaming experience more enjoyable.

As I think I’ve said before, I largely agree with you, @Jonalinn , about EA changing the rules in mid-course. I reluctantly concede their right to so, but wish they could have implemented this in a more forthright and transparent manner.

• Jonalinn wrote: »

I meant no offense, I was just curious about it on a practical level. If accumulating donuts for the sake of accumulating donuts is the name of the game, I pass no judgement, everyone should be allowed to enjoy the game however they please. I just think that it could have been so much worse, like a 100 donut a day limit. That would make me quit the game for sure and maybe that's what you're getting at? That now that they have done this that they could go further and keep changing the rules.

Like I said I understand and agree with you about EA changing the rules and affecting legit players. It's pretty dirty that the measures they have finally taken to go after hackers has affected clean players.
  • How many donuts would you get a day jonalinn?
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member

I don’t want to put words in @1ahackamacka ’s mouth, but perhaps the question he was really trying to ask is, why would one wish to accumulate donuts at the rate of 1000 per day, if not to spend them. Having a donut supply that numbers in the mere hundreds I can only speculate, but I have always assumed that at least for some gamers the accumulation of large quantities of donuts is an end in and of itself in much the same way that some high-level users have pursued the $2B cap. Nothing wrong with that, of course, if it makes the gaming experience more enjoyable.

As I think I’ve said before, I largely agree with you, @Jonalinn , about EA changing the rules in mid-course. I reluctantly concede their right to so, but wish they could have implemented this in a more forthright and transparent manner.

Thanks @KrustyBrand, I always appreciate and enjoy your posts :)
    I don't earn a thousand donuts a day... but I *used to be able to*. Meaning, in the past, I could earn 1k donuts a day and keep them for whatever game purpose I chose. The way I earned that right was by spending hundreds (yes, hundreds) of real dollars.. buying premium items with percentages.. working my way up the incremental ladder to where I could finally sit back and let my real life money reap it's rewards. Now, after paying for the right to earn self-servicing donuts, EA decides to change the game. Yes, of course it's their right.. but what about all the money I put into the game? Yes, it was my choice. However, it was a choice made based on guidelines that have now been abruptly and negatively altered.
    I guess it's like climbing a pyramid for me. "Come, spend your money! Join us at the top where you too can receive donuts to spend on items you desire!" So, you spend $ and slowly climb. Then, when you get near the summit, EA says "oh sorry.. we don't do that anymore. Your hard work and money spent towards increasing your bonus percentage is for naught. We am be thorry".
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    I meant no offense, I was just curious about it on a practical level. If accumulating donuts for the sake of accumulating donuts is the name of the game, I pass no judgement, everyone should be allowed to enjoy the game however they please. I just think that it could have been so much worse, like a 100 donut a day limit. That would make me quit the game for sure and maybe that's what you're getting at? That now that they have done this that they could go further and keep changing the rules.

Like I said I understand and agree with you about EA changing the rules and affecting legit players. It's pretty dirty that the measures they have finally taken to go after hackers has affected clean players.

Oh, no offense taken at all @1ahackamacka.. no worries :)
    As I mentioned in my post above, I invested a lot of real life money in this game. And, I did so under the premise that I could, one day, earn and keep any donuts that I generated in-game. Why cap me? What did I do wrong? I paid for my percentage bonus and earned the right. Mind you, my bonus percentage is nothing extreme (and on the lower end of some of the power players) but I worked hard and paid my dues.
  • Jonalinn wrote: »

Oh, no offense taken at all @1ahackamacka.. no worries :)
    As I mentioned in my post above, I invested a lot of real life money in this game. And, I did so under the premise that I could, one day, earn and keep any donuts that I generated in-game. Why cap me? What did I do wrong? I paid for my percentage bonus and earned the right. Mind you, my bonus percentage is nothing extreme (and on the lower end of some of the power players) but I worked hard and paid my dues.

I've put atleast a couple hundred into this game so I understand. If this was affecting me I would be pretty upset too.
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    I've put atleast a couple hundred into this game so I understand. If this was affecting me I would be pretty upset too.

Thanks for your support @1ahackamacka ;) Come sit here on the bench next to me, @168sean168 and everyone else :)
    3QZvtzN.jpg
  • 168sean168
    3742 posts Member

Thanks for your support @1ahackamacka ;) Come sit here on the bench next to me, @168sean168 and everyone else :)
    3QZvtzN.jpg

Haha @Jonalinn. @1ahackamacka , I started playing this game back in 2013 and went through very long period where donuts are very hard to come by. In fact, I did an estimation and realise that a decade later, I am still not able to get enough donuts to buy most of the premium items. This affected how I play the game, that is to build up cash and % multiplier. And that was how I have been playing since then. To increase the % multiplier, cash and to build up donuts reserve.

I used to play the game multiple times a day as it is a like a good distraction kinda like jackpot machine players . I know that as I play, I will be earning donuts for future use. The donuts will never be enough for people who seek to improve the game. For example, the plan for me now is to replace 2% item with an even higher % item that maybe even come with income. But with this implementation, I am literally stopped from playing for most parts of the day. As the effort will bring me nothing. There will be no donuts to be earned for 24 hours after you have earned your 1000 donuts. Also there is no cash for me to earn as my cash is at its maximum. i will play the game carefully now so that I am not earning donuts. I will also remember not to redeem the donuts from daily challenges as all donuts earned will be taken away.

So in a way, I am, in fact, punished for playing the game so well. This implementation will wane off players from being too involved in the game I feel.
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    The limit is 1000 donuts per sync, isn't it? I don't have any problems collecting them, as long as I go to the friends screen/Krustyland every once in a while.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • 168sean168
    3742 posts Member
    wiedmannaj wrote: »
    The limit is 1000 donuts per sync, isn't it? I don't have any problems collecting them, as long as I go to the friends screen/Krustyland every once in a while.

It is not per sync. It should be per day. You can take 1 hr or up to 24 hrs to make that 1000 donuts with multiple syncs. Once you experience the EA's donuts cut off for going beyond 1000 donuts, the 24 hours wait out will start. I believe @girl22721 is trying to say not to go above the 1000 donuts limit so that you will not experience the 24 hr wait out
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    I don't think they added the limits to stop hackers, I think they were added to curtail the harvesting of thousands of donuts a day. I don't really think this has much of an affect on hacking, I could be wrong, but don't they give people content they missed out on, and isn't that what most donuts are spent on. Hackers will always find a way. I think it's to stop legit players from harvesting tens of thousands of donuts. But, even with the new limits, it seems like that's more than enough for most items these days.
    I also agree, that I'm not mad at EA for implementing limits now. Either way, if you have a decent multiplier, I don't really see how these limits change anything.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Igcognita wrote: »
    I don't think they added the limits to stop hackers, I think they were added to curtail the harvesting of thousands of donuts a day. I don't really think this has much of an affect on hacking, I could be wrong, but don't they give people content they missed out on, and isn't that what most donuts are spent on. Hackers will always find a way. I think it's to stop legit players from harvesting tens of thousands of donuts. But, even with the new limits, it seems like that's more than enough for most items these days.
    I also agree, that I'm not mad at EA for implementing limits now. Either way, if you have a decent multiplier, I don't really see how these limits change anything.

Are there that many people that can harvest 1000's of donuts a day? Most players aren't even close to being able to do this. It would make much more sense to me that they are trying to curtail the hackers and some really high level people got caught up.
  • 168sean168
    3742 posts Member
    meinaz wrote: »

Are there that many people that can harvest 1000's of donuts a day? Most players aren't even close to being able to do this. It would make much more sense to me that they are trying to curtail the hackers and some really high level people got caught up.

Yes. I agree with you. So far, using one hand, you can count the number of players sharing about this problem here.
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member

Am pretty sure it's not for regular players but for those who were getting 10K donuts at a shot. Very, very hard for a legit freemium only player to get their game to the point where they would get 1000 a day - I suspect maybe only a handful or so of people could do this. Players who have spent years and a lot of real cash building up their town may still not be able to farm this much.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    You guys who are getting 1000 donuts at once must have that Bonus Box burned into your retinas.
  • nissa762 wrote: »

Am pretty sure it's not for regular players but for those who were getting 10K donuts at a shot. Very, very hard for a legit freemium only player to get their game to the point where they would get 1000 a day - I suspect maybe only a handful or so of people could do this. Players who have spent years and a lot of real cash building up their town may still not be able to farm this much.

You would be surprised how many people on these forums can farm 1,000+ donuts a day.
  • petehd14 wrote: »
    You guys who are getting 1000 donuts at once must have that Bonus Box burned into your retinas.

I don't even look at the screen, just muscle memory, especially when you are watching TV, listening to the radio, or waiting on hold on the phone.