EA Forums - Banner

Will we ever get Shelbyville????

Prev1
This has been a source of discussion since the beginning. I guess they would have to make it similar to Krustyland where we morph to the town but that probably wouldn't go over well. I think most people have abandoned KL mainly because it's not on the same map. Thoughts????????

Replies

• I feel the closest we will get to Shelbyville is the items we get bundled with donut purchases
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    This has been a source of discussion since the beginning. I guess they would have to make it similar to Krustyland where we morph to the town but that probably wouldn't go over well. I think most people have abandoned KL mainly because it's not on the same map. Thoughts????????

Just my opinion, but I agree that the only way Shelbyville makes much sense within the context of TSTO would be an implementation much like Krustyland and it seems as though EA considers the latter to be a failed experiment.

• I suspect that the answer to your question is no.
  • If done for halloween, shelbyville would attack from above, crash landing on top of springfield and displacing your map real hard. It'd be the only town in.....town. yes. Forced upon us. Shelbyville.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6273 posts Moderator
    If we can get items & Buildings from Cypress Creek, which is another town outside of Springfield. Then we can definitely get Shelbyville on the same map and just designate our own little Shelbyville area. Just like those of us that have a Cypress Creek area.
  • Yes

No

Maybe

Ask again later
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Or replace Krustyland with Shelbyville :):)
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6273 posts Moderator
    Or replace Krustyland with Shelbyville :):)

Negative. I rather have Shelbyville on the same map. So would everyone else. If they do the whole separate map again, they fall in the same footsteps as Krustyland.

I like Krustyland, I wish they would update it once in a while. Release new rides & attractions, new quests
  • Or replace Krustyland with Shelbyville :):)

Negative. I rather have Shelbyville on the same map. So would everyone else. If they do the whole separate map again, they fall in the same footsteps as Krustyland.

I like Krustyland, I wish they would update it once in a while. Release new rides & attractions, new quests

If not Krustyland, then where? Is there enough space on our tablets/iPhones to add Shelbyville?
  • jtgroth
    370 posts Member
    Yes

No

Maybe

Ask again later

Are you consulting a magic 8 ball?
  • drugdemidzic
    70 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Actually, I'd prefer having Ogdenville over Shelbyville (which is just a mirrored version of Springfield). Ogdenville was featured in one episode as a failing post-industrial Midwestern city with a lot of people of Swedish and Norwegian descent. So there could be a lot of interesting content to add (also with the whole illegal immigration story from that episode).
    It could even be fun if they simply renamed the "other Springfield" into Shelbyville (and also if they'd put some more effort into its design and layout)

• Actually,
    It could even be fun if they simply renamed the "other Springfield" into Shelbyville (and also if they'd put some more effort into its design and layout)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jtgroth wrote: »
    Yes

No

Maybe

Ask again later

Seems likely
  • 1pillform
    2021 posts Member
    I want to believe.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • jtgroth
    370 posts Member
    jtgroth wrote: »
    Yes

No

Maybe

Ask again later

Seems likely

LMAO!
  • cool2006
    776 posts Member
    I don't think we will but if they ever do I hope they do it like they have with Springfield heights
  • cool2006 wrote: »
    I don't think we will but if they ever do I hope they do it like they have with Springfield heights

There are mountains beyond the SH, and they've already created tunnels. I just wonder what the land would cost.
  • I think KL was abandoned because it uses a different currency. You can't build your normal town while sending characters to tasks in KL for pointless tickets.
  • I think KL was abandoned because it uses a different currency. You can't build your normal town while sending characters to tasks in KL for pointless tickets.

They can be converted to cash if you are far enough along. The exchange rate is horrible but its better then nothing.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    I think KL was abandoned because it uses a different currency. You can't build your normal town while sending characters to tasks in KL for pointless tickets.

If that were really the only problem, it would be easy enough to change.

Idle speculation, but I always thought Krustyland was a relatively early experiment by EA in memory management; i.e., how to introduce a lot more land and content without comcomitantly eating up additional available memory. But users found it inconvenient and perhaps for that reason EA abandoned the approach.