EA Forums - Banner

If you could pick any actor to star as themselves on the show who would it be?

Or maybe an entire cast from a show? Maybe an entire family of actors?

Fran Drescher for me tbh.. they could do a bit about when she found out her best friend (at the time husband) was gay.
At level 65, started forums June 2017, add me if you want I'm on every day.

Replies

• The Conners from Rosanne or just Rosanne..
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    Tom Cruise. He is almost himself in most of the movies
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    I don’t find it to be consistently the case, but far more often than not I find that guest stars on The Simpsons are best served (funnier lines, more interesting episodes, etc.) when they are playing a character other than themselves. So my answer to OP’s question would probably be — no one.
  • I don’t find it to be consistently the case, but far more often than not I find that guest stars on The Simpsons are best served (funnier lines, more interesting episodes, etc.) when they are playing a character other than themselves. So my answer to OP’s question would probably be — no one.

I meant in a manner more like the episode "When You Dish Upon a Star"
    At level 65, started forums June 2017, add me if you want I'm on every day.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    I don’t find it to be consistently the case, but far more often than not I find that guest stars on The Simpsons are best served (funnier lines, more interesting episodes, etc.) when they are playing a character other than themselves. So my answer to OP’s question would probably be — no one.

Yes, that’s exactly how I interpreted you original post, @CalumsCobra . If you liked that particular episode, that’s great, but I have to admit that I hate, hate, hate, hated that one with the blistering heat of a thousand suns.

• I read the title totally wrong and thought you were asking what celebrity would play "me" :D
  • I don’t find it to be consistently the case, but far more often than not I find that guest stars on The Simpsons are best served (funnier lines, more interesting episodes, etc.) when they are playing a character other than themselves. So my answer to OP’s question would probably be — no one.

Yes, that’s exactly how I interpreted you original post, @CalumsCobra . If you liked that particular episode, that’s great, but I have to admit that I hate, hate, hate, hated that one with the blistering heat of a thousand suns.
    awof9K.gif

Yeah, you want to see a good episode with an actor?
    Try: Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? Danny DeVito, as Herb Powell
    Try: Burns, Baby Burns ‎Rodney Dangerfield as Larry Burns
    or Try: ANY episode with Phil Hartman (Lionel Hutz, Troy McClure, Lyle Langley)

Whenever they make a guest star play themselves they often weaken the episode by limiting possibilities. Stark Raving Dad is another example of perfect casting (whether or not it Was Michael Jackson, is moot) the fact that Michael Jacksons voice was coming from a source other than someone who passed a resemblance to Michael Jackson made the episode that much sweeter, memorable and worthy to be called a classic.
  • The Conners from Rosanne or just Rosanne..

Did you know ABC is doing an 8 episode revival or Roseanne pretending the last season or 2 didn't happen and Dan is still alive? It's supposed to be in RT.