EA Forums - Banner

Take 3 donuts, we insist!

Jonalinn
1780 posts Member
I might be the only one who never realized this, but did you know you can't select any other donut amount once you hit 3 donuts in the bonus box? Meaning, if you hit 3 on your first try, that's it.. you're done! :) I never was aware of that. I tried clicking on the other boxes, but.. newp, nocando. You take 3 donuts and like it! :D;)
7Z7TE87.png
You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved

Replies

  • Castiel19x
    4241 posts Member
    I tried once by mistake and I was like nooo I didn't mean to press the other box and then I'd realized you can't go lower then 3. :D
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    Jonalinn wrote: »
    I might be the only one who never realized this, but did you know you can't select any other donut amount once you hit 3 donuts in the bonus box? Meaning, if you hit 3 on your first try, that's it.. you're done! :) I never was aware of that. I tried clicking on the other boxes, but.. newp, nocando. You take 3 donuts and like it! :D;)
    7Z7TE87.png

    Yeah once in a while I still continue to tap after having the 3 donuts box, not knowing there are no other choices after this
  • girl22721
    1158 posts Member
    If you enjoyed this, then perhaps you'll also be happy to know that it's not possible to forget to collect your BONUS PRIZE on the daily challenge pop-up. Did you ever worry about doing that?

    Don't worry, if your BONUS PRIZE is ready to collect then you can't actually collect the next daily challenge prize (button won't work) until you collect the waiting BONUS PRIZE first!
  • Not sure if this is obvious or a common oversight as well. If you get two donuts on your first shot and on donut on your second, you still get two donuts if you stop there. Not sure why you wouldn't go for the third but the game doesn't punish you for trying again.
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    Not sure if this is obvious or a common oversight as well. If you get two donuts on your first shot and on donut on your second, you still get two donuts if you stop there. Not sure why you wouldn't go for the third but the game doesn't punish you for trying again.
    Thanks! This is a great tip for new players. When I started my second town I would sometimes be so cash poor that I could only pay for a single retry. I'm sure I collected only a single donut sometimes, when I could have collected two.
  • I'm almost certain years ago you could select a box with fewer donuts even after getting three.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    I'm almost certain years ago you could select a box with fewer donuts even after getting three.

    I’m pretty sure this was never possible.

  • tapebelt
    668 posts Member
    I'm almost certain years ago you could select a box with fewer donuts even after getting three.

    I’m pretty sure this was never possible.

    i don't think so either...
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • smohqy
    2104 posts Member
    I used to think that you could get more than three donuts per bonus round, i.e. one donut, try again, two, try again, three. Woohoo, six donuts! But I eventually figured out that the max is three and you're just paying for a shot at more than one or two. So, there's no need to be able to select again after hitting three.
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    girl22721 wrote: »
    If you enjoyed this, then perhaps you'll also be happy to know that it's not possible to forget to collect your BONUS PRIZE on the daily challenge pop-up. Did you ever worry about doing that?

    Don't worry, if your BONUS PRIZE is ready to collect then you can't actually collect the next daily challenge prize (button won't work) until you collect the waiting BONUS PRIZE first!
    Thanks @girl22721, always good to know! ;)
    smohqy wrote: »
    I used to think that you could get more than three donuts per bonus round, i.e. one donut, try again, two, try again, three. Woohoo, six donuts! But I eventually figured out that the max is three and you're just paying for a shot at more than one or two. So, there's no need to be able to select again after hitting three.
    The "need" was I only wanted one donut ;)
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • So if someone is a turbo athiest and they don't like the number 3 because it reminds them of the holy trinity, that person is utterly screwwd. Yes.

  • I’m pretty sure this was never possible.

    I guess I am probably mistaken then, though I'm talking about way back in 2012.
  • Little surprised you didn't notice Jonalinn after the 30,000+ donuts you must have harvested. :smiley:
  • So if someone is a turbo athiest and they don't like the number 3 because it reminds them of the holy trinity, that person is utterly screwwd. Yes.

    As an athiest I can confirm that no one is dumb enough to hate a number because of that :D
    At level 65, started forums June 2017, add me if you want I'm on every day.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!