EA Forums - Banner

Donuts Harvested not Saved?

Replies

• nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    nissa762 wrote: »
    meinaz wrote: »
    Igcognita wrote: »
    I don't think they added the limits to stop hackers, I think they were added to curtail the harvesting of thousands of donuts a day. I don't really think this has much of an affect on hacking, I could be wrong, but don't they give people content they missed out on, and isn't that what most donuts are spent on. Hackers will always find a way. I think it's to stop legit players from harvesting tens of thousands of donuts. But, even with the new limits, it seems like that's more than enough for most items these days.
    I also agree, that I'm not mad at EA for implementing limits now. Either way, if you have a decent multiplier, I don't really see how these limits change anything.

Are there that many people that can harvest 1000's of donuts a day? Most players aren't even close to being able to do this. It would make much more sense to me that they are trying to curtail the hackers and some really high level people got caught up.

Am pretty sure it's not for regular players but for those who were getting 10K donuts at a shot. Very, very hard for a legit freemium only player to get their game to the point where they would get 1000 a day - I suspect maybe only a handful or so of people could do this. Players who have spent years and a lot of real cash building up their town may still not be able to farm this much.

You would be surprised how many people on these forums can farm 1,000+ donuts a day.

Fully possibly it's way more than I think, but I still think it's a very small percentage of total players that wouldn't have much impact on the game.
  • I think at this point (new limitations aside) time would be the biggest factor on the limit of how many donuts a person could make in a day.

I'm pretty sure I have enough IGM saved such that I could have the bonus donut screen up for the entire 24hours: not sure how many that would have been. Thousands and thousands easily.

What bothers me most is not the rules changing, but that we have no official communication from EA.
  • Igcognita wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but don't they give people content they missed out on, and isn't that what most donuts are spent on.

If you look around you can find a place that does just that. And its not hard to find.

I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • What bothers me most is not the rules changing, but that we have no official communication from EA.

I agree with this, I wish that hitting the cap came with some dialog, like a little easter egg reward.

• Jonalinn
    1770 posts Member
    I think at this point (new limitations aside) time would be the biggest factor on the limit of how many donuts a person could make in a day.

I'm pretty sure I have enough IGM saved such that I could have the bonus donut screen up for the entire 24hours: not sure how many that would have been. Thousands and thousands easily.

What bothers me most is not the rules changing, but that we have no official communication from EA.

Speaking for myself (and all the reasons I've mentioned in my previous posts), changing the rules mid-stream is what bothers me the most. No communication from EA is in 2nd place.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • jtgroth
    366 posts Member
    Jonalinn wrote: »
    I think at this point (new limitations aside) time would be the biggest factor on the limit of how many donuts a person could make in a day.

Speaking for myself (and all the reasons I've mentioned in my previous posts), changing the rules mid-stream is what bothers me the most. No communication from EA is in 2nd place.

I'm not trying to argue and I mostly agree with everyone in this thread. However, the ability to earn donuts at a meaningful rate was also a mid-stream rule change. When I started (June 2012), the was no way to earn donuts except for 1 or 2 per level and there were only 20 levels.
  • wadebear
    3408 posts Member
    I'm wondering if the delay in getting the next big event is related to this issue. Maybe they decided to write something into the game core to pop up alerts when people are approaching the daily donut limits and have reached it.
    "You've made all the donuts you can today! Come back tomorrow to make more!"
    That might also include overrun amounts: Say you made 1234 donuts, then that's 1000 for today collected and 234 towards the next day's limit.
    But seriously, they need to change this limit to a specified time rather than rolling. Something like 6 AM local time maybe? Midnight? Some specified time so you'll KNOW rather than have to guess.
    I'm not anywhere near 1000 donuts a day, but there's just right and wrong ways to do things.
    Just as a note: The most I've ever collected in a day was 201, and that included several rounds of 30s and 10s from buying Mystery Boxes, as well as collecting from multiple Challenges and a Bonus Challenge payout.
  • I was able to farm over 1000 donuts in a single session, go to the neighbors screen, return to my Springfield, and I didn't lose any donuts.

Can a second person confirm this?
  • 168sean168
    3578 posts Member
    I was able to farm over 1000 donuts in a single session, go to the neighbors screen, return to my Springfield, and I didn't lose any donuts.

Yeah I noted the same after the mini superhero update. I was monitoring it.
  • girl22721
    1151 posts Member
    Thanks. Sounds like good news - I'll give it a try later!
  • well i got a big haul from farming yesterday. 9 donuts and they are still there :smiley:
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2305 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    hatchet669 wrote: »
    well i got a big haul from farming yesterday. 9 donuts and they are still there :smiley:
    That's more than what I got... two from Where's Maggie (wasn't paying another 150,000) and one off a daily challenge.... :lol:
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • striker985
    4 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I was able to farm over 1000 donuts in a single session, go to the neighbors screen, return to my Springfield, and I didn't lose any donuts.

I farmed around 2000 donuts in the same day after the mini update. The donuts are available in Krustyland and on a other device too. It looks like it's working again.

• 0Brooders0
    2187 posts Member
    So it was just a temporary glitch?

Can you confirm @168sean168 or @Jonalinn :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 168sean168
    3578 posts Member
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

Seems to be fine so far :smile:
  • Excellent news!

Make hay while the sun shines as they say. Perhaps it's time to grow out the reserve fund a bit.
  • 0Brooders0
    2187 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »

Seems to be fine so far :smile:

FANTASTIC! <3
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • I do not think we've heard the last of this though...they surely plan to curtail the hackers somehow.
  • Jonalinn
    1770 posts Member
    edited July 2017

Haven't really been actively farming... hope the issue is resolved though :)
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • I've got to laugh.

I can gain about 200-250 donuts a day depending on many rat traps I farm and I'm really happy with that figure.

Now there are users making a 1000a day.

Honestly:D