EA Forums - Banner

new idea for event

qsergio29
122 posts Member
EA should make a one month event of anime or cartoons. Some of the prizes should be outfits for the Simpsons of anime like Naruto or dragon ball z

Replies

• Castiel19x
    4241 posts Member
    I doubt they do anime like those because it not really in the show and most things are from the show itself. Cartoons like itchy and scratchy would fit into this game.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    And they'd have to pay for licensing. They're not going to do that.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • i dont see it coming, but i would pretty muich enjoy it. there has been some anime moments in the simpsons. kumikos debut, for example, was full of anime references, and there even was a couch gag containing the family in said animes (plus pikachu maggie and attack on titans lisa which we surely need ;) )
  • That would be the only event that I would skip. For some reason, anime just rubs me the wrong way. I don't know what it is.
  • I mean, not the actual caracters but at least some of the outfits and anime related tasks
  • That would be the only event that I would skip. For some reason, anime just rubs me the wrong way. I don't know what it is.

Well if cartoons are Western Animation Anime is Eastern Animation (Specifically japanese) Its popularity has been on the rise, most notably in the early to late 90's with such shows as: Pokemon and Yu-gioh (As well as Dragonball Z).
    Many examples have been seen in the Simpsons such as:
    seizure-robots.jpg
    250px-An_Anime_Among_Us%21.png
    250px-Team_Sprocket.png
    hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    228.jpg

They have been popular in the US for quite some time, one of the earliest that i recall (before my times BTW, but nevertheless i grew up on em and enjoyed it) IS Speed Racer
  • yeah , if anyone can contact and tell ea about this idea, it would mean a lot to me. I mean if they want to make some of them worth donuts, that would be ok i guess, but at least 2 of the costumes worth money, free or i have to complete several tasks to have the costume.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    one of the earliest that i recall (before my times BTW, but nevertheless i grew up on em and enjoyed it) IS Speed Racer
    Speed Racer was fun and intriguing. Very Japanese yet relatable enough for an American kid. Cars, monkeys, bad lip syncing.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3082 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    simp7fan wrote: »
    one of the earliest that i recall (before my times BTW, but nevertheless i grew up on em and enjoyed it) IS Speed Racer
    Speed Racer was fun and intriguing. Very Japanese yet relatable enough for an American kid. Cars, monkeys, bad lip syncing.

Yep, Speed Sacer was my first crush! Second grade, after school every day, i had a date with him!. Aqua Boy aired just before it. But even earlier when I lived in Hawaii, we had Ultra Man and Astro Boy. Lots of Japanese influence there. Even watch some full on Japanese cartoons when I stayed at my aunt's house.

Yeah, I'd be interested.
  • would't it also be cool if we got some wwe superstars like Roman Reigns, Alexa Bliss, Brock Lesnar etc.

Well if cartoons are Western Animation Anime is Eastern Animation (Specifically japanese) Its popularity has been on the rise, most notably in the early to late 90's with such shows as: Pokemon and Yu-gioh (As well as Dragonball Z).
    seizure-robots.jpg
    250px-Team_Sprocket.png
    hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    228.jpg

They have been popular in the US for quite some time, one of the earliest that i recall (before my times BTW, but nevertheless i grew up on em and enjoyed it) IS Speed Racer

I'm well aware of what anime is, I just don't like it.

seizure-robots.jpg
    250px-Team_Sprocket.png
    hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    228.jpg

Finally! Everyone in my city is obsessed with anime, can't go to a single mall without seeing a herd of people with Dragon Ball accessories.
    At level 65, started forums June 2017, add me if you want I'm on every day.
  • devilhunt1449
    3576 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    That would be the only event that I would skip. For some reason, anime just rubs me the wrong way. I don't know what it is.

I would also have to say that it's not something I'd be personally interested in too, I've tried to watch it and for some reason it just does nothing for me, but I'm sure that some of the events that I have enjoyed others hated so as they say you can't please everyone all the time.

Edit : autocorrect

seizure-robots.jpg
    250px-Team_Sprocket.png
    hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    228.jpg

Finally! Everyone in my city is obsessed with anime, can't go to a single mall without seeing a herd of people with Dragon Ball accessories.

I like anime. But not DragonBall. I used to ruin DragonBall Z for my son by sitting there making fun of it while he watched it. Yeah, I'm a terrible mom.
  • qsergio29 wrote: »
    would't it also be cool if we got some wwe superstars like Roman Reigns, Alexa Bliss, Brock Lesnar etc.

uhh...no.
    That would be the only event that I would skip. For some reason, anime just rubs me the wrong way. I don't know what it is.

Different situation then, i wont try to change your mind, but i once thought the same. Much like Warner Bros has a certain animation style (and plot) and Disney has a certain animation style (nd plot) so does anime differ based on studios and the like. Some are for more *ahem* mature audiences while others cater to children. Not all anime is great, but not all anime is bad.

That said now would be a perfect time for some anime injections though, comic con is on, and various Fictional characters coming to springfield for similar festivities would be interesting.