EA Forums - Banner

25,000% Lounge updated 2 Mar 2019

Replies

  • Bomb319
    117 posts Member
    Incredible. I just don't get how you do it...yes, I know how in theory - however, I'm at about 450% multiplier and can generally afford only around 30-40 KEMs at a time. This gives me about 4-5 levels with my XP collider turned on. Whenever I hit 6 donuts, I get the mystery box. I know the boxes are pre-determined as well as the pattern - however I find that after I get the 2 worthless items, the next one is a billboard worth 1% and this or Lard Lads occur much more often than the news vans. Basically, I'm lucky if I can add a measly one percent per day to my multiplier.

    My question - WHAT if anything am I doing wrong?? Should I save my donuts first instead of buying boxes the moment I hit 6 donuts? Did you go through the same frustrating thing for a long time as well, and there's simply a tipping point of sorts where your income and XP become high enough to get everything much faster? Even if this were the case, I can't imagine how long it would take to reach the kind of multiplier bonus you have!

    I just wish I had a solid plan that I KNOW works over time, and then follow it.
  • 168sean168
    3720 posts Member
    Thanks @Bomb319 Yes there is a long period where I couldn't buy most of the things due to lack of donuts, I just block that off my mind and continue to build income and % steadily. I think @Muhsterino has created a comprehensive database that give a lot of tips to play the game. I am sure you can formulate a way of playing that suits you.
  • phillyphan595
    31 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Bomb319 wrote: »
    Incredible. I just don't get how you do it...yes, I know how in theory - however, I'm at about 450% multiplier and can generally afford only around 30-40 KEMs at a time. This gives me about 4-5 levels with my XP collider turned on. Whenever I hit 6 donuts, I get the mystery box. I know the boxes are pre-determined as well as the pattern - however I find that after I get the 2 worthless items, the next one is a billboard worth 1% and this or Lard Lads occur much more often than the news vans. Basically, I'm lucky if I can add a measly one percent per day to my multiplier.

    My question - WHAT if anything am I doing wrong?? Should I save my donuts first instead of buying boxes the moment I hit 6 donuts? Did you go through the same frustrating thing for a long time as well, and there's simply a tipping point of sorts where your income and XP become high enough to get everything much faster? Even if this were the case, I can't imagine how long it would take to reach the kind of multiplier bonus you have!

    I just wish I had a solid plan that I KNOW works over time, and then follow it.

    Your math doesn't really make sense here. Mystery boxes spawn prizes in a fixed order, so it doesnt matter when you buy them. They work out to about ~1% per 8 donuts. If you're getting 4-5 levels per 4 hours with KEM farming than you should be able to increase by way more than 1% per day just by buying mystery boxes. I'm in a pretty similar spot to you in the game, started KEM farming about 5 months ago around 250%, now im up to 608% and its really starting to increase rapidly along with my character count. If you grind consistently I think we're very close to being able to buy everything we ever wanted in this game... just keep it up :)

    Also make sure you're always launching the rocket, playing the insanity mini game (you can just insto click the arrow quit and still have a chance at the Elder God prize), and of course send Lisa to the Eliminator constantly... the 5% chance at a nuke works out to an average of .1125% increase every time you send her on that task, which doesn't sound like much but if you're consistent with it will definitely start to add up over time.
  • Bomb319
    117 posts Member
    Thank you for the advice. However, my problem is that I have literally NONE of the minigames you just described... :( I had to quit playing for several years while I didn't have a cell phone, and so my town is a rather unique blend of the very early and most recent. I can only get donuts through the Maggie game, daily challenges and levelling up.

    I know the boxes supposedly spawn in a certain order, but I've gotten the freaking billboard at least 3 or 4 times in a row now - of course sandwiched between several items of crap. There's no way I'm getting one percent per 8 donuts because it takes 6 x 4 (24) donuts before the billboard or van even spawn!
  • Bomb319
    117 posts Member
    Oh I forgot to ask you - to raise your income, do you keep buying colored houses as soon as you're able to afford them?
  • I never messed with a colored house farm besides a small brown one when I first started playing which I still keep around for nostalgia. I have created a couple farms from events that had money-making craftable items (zenith city, sci-fi towers, wailing walls) which provide a nice amount of money. I can make about 500k every 4 hours now and pretty much just reinvest it all into KEM's.

    Getting 4 billboards in a row makes no sense. I've bought literally hundreds of boxes and never seen anything like that happen, and there are people who have bought even way more than me who all agree the Mystery Box prizes are rewarded in a set pattern.
  • girl22721
    1154 posts Member
    Bomb319 wrote: »
    I know the boxes supposedly spawn in a certain order, but I've gotten the freaking billboard at least 3 or 4 times in a row now - of course sandwiched between several items of crap. There's no way I'm getting one percent per 8 donuts because it takes 6 x 4 (24) donuts before the billboard or van even spawn!

    It may just feel like that if you're buying them casually but honestly try taking notes of exactly what you win and I'm sure you'll discover it's really much more generous than you remember. Don't forget that each and every run of 6-7 boxes awards you a donut prize of either 10 or 30 donuts back and also several of the possible 6-7 box patterns include both a 1% billboard and a 2% news van!
  • My math is wrong

    Would it be 4 bonus boxes per KEM?

    With a 20,000 multiplier, why would anybody wait 4 hours for a KEM?
  • Castiel19x
    4150 posts Member
    My math is wrong

    Would it be 4 bonus boxes per KEM?

    With a 20,000 multiplier, why would anybody wait 4 hours for a KEM?

    For more donuts :D
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • XiXiS5
    5 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Uhh, I feel being so far away, even while having more than half full-stars ratings.
  • 168sean168
    3720 posts Member
    XiXiS5 wrote: »
    Uhh, I feel being so far away, even while having more than half full-stars ratings.

    This is a slow game with little excitement most of the time. Just enjoy the slow ride.

    @Bomb319 , in the past when I play the mystery boxes, I only play after I accumulate 100 donuts. In this way, it allows me to see the pattern better and I know when to stop.
  • @168sean168 Congrats on the milestone!
  • @168sean168 Congrats on the milestone!

    :+1: Thank you!
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    Thanks @Bomb319 Yes there is a long period where I couldn't buy most of the things due to lack of donuts, I just block that off my mind and continue to build income and % steadily. I think @Muhsterino has created a comprehensive database that give a lot of tips to play the game. I am sure you can formulate a way of playing that suits you.

    Yeah you've inspired me to go back to raising my multiplier. I could have been well past 800 by now but I've been buying characters and buildings instead. Thank You.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    Thanks @Bomb319 Yes there is a long period where I couldn't buy most of the things due to lack of donuts, I just block that off my mind and continue to build income and % steadily. I think @Muhsterino has created a comprehensive database that give a lot of tips to play the game. I am sure you can formulate a way of playing that suits you.

    Yeah you've inspired me to go back to raising my multiplier. I could have been well past 800 by now but I've been buying characters and buildings instead. Thank You.

    Thank you! But this is just my way of playing. There are many players who dont have to increase multiplier and yet could have a beautiful town. But I guess the daily income and XP harvesting needs to continue. I dont do that much due to the cap on the income.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »
    Thanks @Bomb319 Yes there is a long period where I couldn't buy most of the things due to lack of donuts, I just block that off my mind and continue to build income and % steadily. I think @Muhsterino has created a comprehensive database that give a lot of tips to play the game. I am sure you can formulate a way of playing that suits you.

    Yeah you've inspired me to go back to raising my multiplier. I could have been well past 800 by now but I've been buying characters and buildings instead. Thank You.

    Thank you! But this is just my way of playing. There are many players who dont have to increase multiplier and yet could have a beautiful town. But I guess the daily income and XP harvesting needs to continue. I dont do that much due to the cap on the income.

    KEM farm 300 - 500 buildings.
  • 168sean168
    3720 posts Member
    @knighthunt438 , that is a lot of KEMs :dizzy: So how many KEMs get you one donut box? :smile:
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    @knighthunt438 , that is a lot of KEMs :dizzy: So how many KEMs get you one donut box? :smile:

    I'm only at 448.80 so 16(15.78)
  • 168sean168
    3720 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »
    @knighthunt438 , that is a lot of KEMs :dizzy: So how many KEMs get you one donut box? :smile:

    I'm only at 448.80 so 16(15.78)

    Thanks for sharing. Keep it up!
  • Wow, those are some big numbers. I admire your dedication and patience to put in that much effort. I'm curious - is there a number you are striving to hit or is this just the way you like to keep playing?
    Senior Moderator (for 25 minutes on Sept 23 2016)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!