EA Forums - Banner

Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Discussion

Replies

• platt222
    626 posts Member
    Week 3 seems a lot better as tends to be the case in these events. I unlocked Brians character this morning and just need 10 feather shields for Tehuantl.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Got Brian last night. Still need two useless statues to move on.
    phinneacttf in the Crawl to the Finish
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Made it to week 4. Can't remember the last time I managed that.
  • Didn't get Rufus, but I got Bill and Ted, Brian, Joe, and the Mayan Jaguar guy.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Same here. There's a new version in itunes, but it doesn't seem to be live yet.
  • platt222
    626 posts Member
    I bought Bill and had to pay 10 for Rufus but managed everything else freemium which makes a nice change.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Yes, that was actually a fun and relatively fair event. I don't think that's happened since the first Star Trek event.

Pretty sure this one is not going to go well, but I'm not bothered if I don't get whoever that guy is
  • All done with week 1, seemed a lot harder than the usual mini events.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    I guess this game is done. I'm still playing, but annoyed as heck with the drop rate on the braces for Kid Quagmire. I refuse to spend clams on them. 8 extra rare and it's supposed to be done in a week.
  • platt222
    626 posts Member
    I'm enjoying this event but from what I'm seeing everywhere I'm being very very lucky with drop rates compared to others.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Got Kid Quagmire last night when I couldn't sleep. So, I will move on to the second week after all.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Update seems to have made camp fights impossible again. So, no standard care packages means no swimmer upgrade means never getting past where I am now. This might be enough to end my playing FGQFS, but we'll see.
  • girl22721
    1159 posts Member
    I'm on the edge of giving up too; unlocked Gene The Cook a couple of days ago, which might be as far as I go. Have 85/129 fishing tackle towards Great Outdoors Joe so still need 50% more of those. This event has been awful; really don't like the battle minigame and so many problems.
  • girl22721
    1159 posts Member
    Still playing? I only learned about the free trashcan cheat this morning. In most games I wouldn't feel satisfaction from taking advantage of such a loophole, however I don't really care anymore in this game due to the rotten drop rates!

This was posted at the addicts site. Having tapped on a raccoon -- carefully tap the 'i' button to open the 'Trash Bandits' pop-up, then tap the 'Yeehaw!' button. Each time you do this, you gain a trashcan, although you won't see it counted until you next tap on a raccoon!
  • I had no idea about that glitch thanks for posting.
  • I have to say I'm getting bored with this game. The frustrating drop rates, the dozens of Peter costumes, buying a character in the first round only to find he's worthless the rest of the event, and really no payoff for completing an event.

It's just getting old.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    I learned this too late. All I got was **** Peter. Yawn
  • girl22721
    1159 posts Member
    That's too bad; Sam is quite sweet.

MIB event? Not sure I've got the motivation...
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    It usually takes me two weeks to get one week's worth of prizes so I do better on long events.

That's funny. Red-neck is blanked out. Their filter catches things I never think twice about.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Typical. I finally get enough to build the suit-dropping building and I don't need suits. But can I skip it? No.