EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #14: HOMERPALOOZA: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT I

Prev1345678
AOFIGO009
1306 posts Member
edited August 2017
Here we go again guys!! Another Event!! I feel like we had a good break between events this time, which I should probably have used to tidy up my Springfield…… But I did not!! Also, this is the first event in AGES that I've not been horribly busy, have a family member be ill and in hospital or any other world ending event, so I should be able to keep an eye on things better this time, which is good, because it looks like this event might have some tactics to it!! That's why I started these threads in the first place!! Can anybody say “The Circle is Complete” in a creepy monotone voice, tracing the shape in the sky in front of you and see it materialise in front of you? No? Okay. :(

So add any tips tricks and hoodwinks here, and as always, the best stuff I'll add to the front page! Good luck everybody!!

Important Notes
Please be aware, that for most events, after the update, the Donut Confirmation option in the game settings change, meaning you may spend donuts when you don't want to, because the option has changed and you pressed the wrong button-not something you should be penalised for. Muhsterino has provided a thread showing you how to check this. It's the first part hidden by "Spoiler": https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/tips-for-new-players/p1?new=1
This is also a brilliant thread anyway that Muhsterino has alerted me to for this message, that I think can be equally useful for long-term players as well as the new players it's "marketed" to.

LP’s Threads
Event calendar:
https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/125798/x#latest
Crafting:
https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/125908/homerpalooza-crafting#latest
Dates:
https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/125679/homerpalooza-dates/p1
Star management:
https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/126573/homerpalooza-star-management#latest
Post edited by AOFIGO009 on
Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.

Replies

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Event Calendar
    fIDj5sA.png
    Act I Event Calendar
    1st August: Event Start
    2nd August: 3,716
    3rd August: 7,432
    4th August: 11,148
    5th August: 14,864
    6th August: 18,580
    7th August: 22,296
    8th August: 26,012
    9th August: 29,728
    10th August: 33,444
    11th August: 37,160
    12th August: 40,876
    13th August: 44,592
    14th August: 48,308
    15th August: Act II Starts

Each Fan that you tap in your Springfield gets you 10 Event Currency, with a random chance of 2 Festival Tickets and/or 1 Court Summons.

Drops from Tapping each Fan during Friend visits gets you 5 cuffs each, with a random chance of 2 Festival Tickets and/or 1 Court Summons. You can get Event Currency from a maximum of 29 Fans tapped over 10 Friend’s Springfields.

Fans gather around the buildings that you can Jam at, such as the Rock Stage, Moe’s Tavern and the Kwik-E-Mart. Tapping Weird Al also calls all fans to him, but you must give a little time for them to reach him, and you must find him of course.

Characters that can Jam:
    Apu
    Dr. Hibbert
    Reverend Lovejoy
    Lisa
    Freddy Freeman
    Shredder Stevens
    Rockstar Maggie
    Homer
    Bleeding Gums Murphy
    Weird Al (After completing his Questline)

If you have less than 8 characters that can Jam, don't just send every performer to the venue with 4 slots. You can get more Currency by filling up the two 2 slot Venues (Moe’s Tavern and Kwik-E-Mart) first. 2 Bonuses will get you more than 1 after all!
    (Credit to @simp7fan for this tip, and @Muhsterino for bringing it to my attention)

Springfield can only hold 10 Lawyers at any one point, and if you tap Lawyers you AND your neighbour gets extra Event Currency, so even though they are hard to find, it's worth a close look. After an undetermined amount of time, the Lawyers leave, and you get a message telling you so when you log back into the game.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Star Management
    Every Star is worth 25 Event Currency, and every half Star is worth 12 Event Currency. So if a character has 2 and a half stars, they produce 62 Event Currency. This is doubled if you put the character in a Bonus Slot. If you fill a venue with performers, you get a further 50 Event Currency on top of that.

There is no difference in the payout of Premium characters vs Free characters. To level up a Character, you need 80….. let's call it Performance Points, which you get from playing a venue. A performance gets you 5 Performance Points, so you need to perform 16 times to level up a Star.

There's lots of talk about the three symbols next to a performer right now, so I won't add anything here yet until we know, and leave the figuring it out to the chat.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    To find Fans that are still in your Springfield-as there is a notification telling you your Springfield is empty of fans-you can use the old “Do It” Trick in the Crafting Section, just remember to make sure you don't have enough Festival Tickets to level up the Crafting.

For the Weird Al tasks, the FriendMoocher tokens DO NOT carry over when you reach the target. Pay extra close attention to Sherri and Terri, who pay out 12 Tokens. You could choose to stagger the character’s task, however you might not need to, as right now not all the tasks happen in the same building.
  • Muhsterino
    4489 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for running this again :smiley:
    Links to LPN's info threads:
    Event calendar:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/125798/x#latest
    Crafting:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/125908/homerpalooza-crafting#latest
    Dates:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/125679/homerpalooza-dates/p1
    Star management:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/126573/homerpalooza-star-management#latest

Drops from each fan in your own town: 10 cuffs with possible addition of 2 festival tickets and/or 1 court summons
    Drops from tapping each fan during friends visits (10 friends, 29 taps) 5 cuffs, with possible addition of 2 festival tickets and/or 1 court summons
    1iEjSnWl.jpg
    After reading several threads, other players have come up with the idea that the coloured icons MAY refer to which acts characters will be used for. Another idea is that the icons refer to which performing stage may be used.
    BLUE - rock (act 1)
    PINK - pop (act 2)
    GREEN - hip-hop (act 3)
    Tapping on Weird Al calls all fans to him, in your own town or a neighbours town.
    j206tP3m.jpg
    From left to right:
    Cuffs - Act 1 event prize track currency. Festival tickets - crafting. Court summons - lawyers for dropping in friends towns.
    Post edited by Muhsterino on
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • You can rush Jam Sessions for free when the timer gets low. I believe it's the same 10% as other jobs, but didn't get a chance to verify on my last set.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    Muhsterino wrote: »
    Thanks for running this again :smiley:
    Drops from each fan in your own town: 10 cuffs with possible addition of 2 festival tickets and/or 1 court summons
    Drops from tapping each fan during friends visits (10 friends, 29 or 30 taps) 5 cuffs, with possible addition of 2 festival tickets and/or 1 court summons

No problems, I love doing it, even when I'm in a pickle, this should hopefully be easier to run for once, as I've just got to pull myself away from another game, where I have lots of friends.

By the way, my KEM Farming is finally paying off!! It took a bit of time to get going, as there were events and such, but now I'm through the mire and ahead of the beat. You've just gotta push through it early and be committed!!
    Lesson for everybody there! ;)
  • Fans tend to gather at jam session sites and you can use the task tool to rotate through the 3 sites (stage, Moe's, Kwike-E-Mart) to quickly collect the fans there
  • Worth mentioning, the first set of 10FP friends you visit, you seem to get Lawyers Tickets as well, I got 6 just now. Buut it took almost an hour to visit all 100 friends when most have huge towns.
  • Muhsterino
    4489 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Complete the short 'Weird Al' quest line as soon as possible, to start the funding goals tasks:
    WcLOAXcm.jpg
    aulkFh7m.jpg
    hwLOHX7l.jpg
    415Qp1Ql.jpg
    USWF6zDl.jpg

New character collection info for this event:
    9opRdgHm.jpgNvV3Pkem.jpg
    HFZS9kQm.jpg
    Y5YkkGfm.jpg
  • Muhsterino
    4489 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Characters that can Jam:
    u9fkyR2l.jpg
    Z8ori69l.jpg
    ni0OKjVl.jpg
    Once you complete the 'Weird Al' quest line, he can Jam too.
    Check on your characters in the Star Management section:
    ffMkD93m.jpgGo5an8Im.jpg
  • Muhsterino
    4489 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Credit to @simp7fan for the following tip:
    If you have less than 8 characters that can Jam in your town, don't just send every performer to the venue with 4 slots. You can get more currency by filling up the two 2 slot venues first. 2 bonuses will get you more than 1.
    (CURRENT VENUES are rock stage with 4 slots, Moe's with 2 slots, K-E-M with 2 slots)
    The Simpsons House is also added in the Act 1 prize track.
  • Yo, don't have much time, no Wi-Fi, using data.
    I'll be brief.
    Information ( double check, please)
    Every star is worth 25 event currency. Half a star is worth 12 event currency.
    The bonus given for any full venue is an extra 50 event currency.

The amount obtained from tapping a lawyer in your town is 12 event currency and 3 tickets.

No difference in payout between free and premium characters in venues, the necessary amount in order to level a character is 80 (something) playing a venue awards the preformers 5 each (16 venues needed to level up a performer)

The symbols are unknown if not mistaken, my guess it has too do with the three types of music:
    Rock, Hip Hop, and Pop.
    Max amount of lawyers in a town 10.

I'd suggest having few or no characters with outdoor visual tasks ( especially those that walk around) the lawyers walk slowly, tend to stay on regular roads, and have gray suits, so they blend in very well. Hiding buildings, decorations, etc. minus characters seems like the best way to find em
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    You can rush Jam Sessions for free when the timer gets low. I believe it's the same 10% as other jobs, but didn't get a chance to verify on my last set.
    Yep, same rate.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Muhsterino
    4489 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I have placed all 3 current jam venues, the stage, KEM and Moe's together, the fans all walk towards these places making it easier to tap them.
    Tip for another way of finding fans, credit to @Dougie_Powers_17
    The old trick of clicking the crafting 'level up' button and then 'do it' is working, as long as you remember to make sure you have less tickets than what is needed to level up so you don't waste any you need for items you wish to craft.
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2313 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks @Muhsterino, but I can't take credit for that one, as it was something I learned off the forum a few events ago, I sussed the clumping together of venues straight away though as it was something I did in an event last year so it would be easier for me to click buildings and assign various tasks for different event currencies...

Make more room for it though as other venues will be added (Simpson's house is next)... although if you've only got five performers like me, it does seem a little pointless at the moment...

Don't forget (as @docmorrissey mentioned earlier) you can rush the jam sessions for free once you get to 24mins or less to go... this doesn't work with the Weird Al tasks though...

Edit:
    Just while I'm thinking about Weird Al tasks, everybody could do well to remember to stagger the coin collectors in order to maximise returns...

E.g. I've got 96/100 for the first quest part, so have sent Skinner to earn 4 coins and then waited ten minutes to send the other five on tasks so that when Skinner finishes, he can trigger the next quest and then I'll get a 20 coin boost
    Post edited by Dougie_Powers_17 on
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • wadebear
    3698 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Tapping Weird Al makes the Fans run toward him - at least while he's playing his accordion. While this definitely works the problem with using it is that you have to locate HIM first. :p
    Tapping Fans in neighboring towns: You can only get event currency from the first 10 neighbors (or rather I should say the first 30 Fans you tap) each day. Tapping Fans doesn't help neighbors, so I'm only tapping 30 Fans a day.
    You can drop Lawyers in neighbors towns using the button in the upper right corner of the screen. Towns can hold a maximum of 10 Lawyers. Clear any Lawyers in your own town as quickly as possible so that your neighbors can drop more in your town. Lawyers expire after a given length of time (I'm not sure how long - 4 hours is the usual with this type of neighbor interaction). Lawyers pay YOU back as well as helping your neighbors - Tapped Lawyers pay back more.
    The optimum time to drop Lawyers in neighbor's towns is just before THEY start playing for the day, or just before they log in to reset the 4 hour musicians.
    The Lawyers in my towns are gravitating to the area near my venues - a good reason to move the venues together.
    My towns have limited street areas. The Fans and Lawyers like the streets. Get rid of your streets (you can replace them with concrete or dirt). Anyone visiting MY towns can easily find Fans to tap on my street section (blatant self promotion o:) ).
  • rw228
    1047 posts Member
    Simpsons house just unlocked as a venue for me with two open slots.
  • Edit:
    Just while I'm thinking about Weird Al tasks, everybody could do well to remember to stagger the coin collectors in order to maximise returns...

E.g. I've got 96/100 for the first quest part, so have sent Skinner to earn 4 coins and then waited ten minutes to send the other five on tasks so that when Skinner finishes, he can trigger the next quest and then I'll get a 20 coin boost

Actually, if you forget, the game bails you out a little. The tasks don't all happen at the same place (at least for now), so if you just tap slowly on them, you shouldn't over-run on a level.