EA Forums - Banner

Lawyer's

Replies

• And we know for sure that they disappear in 4 hrs regardless if I'm in game or not?
    I found 4 on this last check, 3 from @bluntcard and one who's name I missed. I also reset all bands and tapped a huge numbers of fans, for that I got 5 lawyers :( only 5.
    Really disappointed with this lawyer bit, it doesn't allow for really helping friends, no matter what time zone anyone is in :(
    Especially since they are really hard to find and disappear if we don't find them fast enough. Doesn't seem right.

I still don't think its 4, 12 has been fitting in perfectly with when the message pops up, but the message also gets delayed so :D
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2312 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Done a little playing about just now, basically had the game on two accounts on two devices at the same time..

As soon as I dropped lawyers, they appeared in my main town, every time I checked my main town from the other, it showed exactly how many spaces I had left, then upon going back to the other town it popped up a box showing rewards for the lawyers I had tapped, even though I hadn't got them all... Once I'd tapped two more, synchronised the other town, straight away another pop-up box with rewards..

So, It seems that as soon as you tap a lawyer, Your neighbour gets a reward and they or A.N.Other neighbour can drop a lawyer in immediately, but given the lack of court summons people are getting, there may always be room in a town...

For the record.. a notification on a third device linked to my main town wasn't far off after I'd dropped lawyers as well, so they seem pretty swift

The lawyers don't show in your town in the same place as they're dropped (someone else mentioned this but can't find that post to credit them or their mate Mikey) and even looking in my town from the other showed a lawyer in one place that wasn't there in my town

Anyway, left two lawyers in my town to see how long it takes before my other town gets a notice that they've been cleared...if I can remember to check in four hours or so anyway...:lol:

Hope this helps!

Edit: Well I never got to the 4hr mark.... I accidentally clicked one clearing my town at one point, then a while later a bus full of lawyers from a few other towns arrived so I ended up getting itchy fingers...
    Post edited by Dougie_Powers_17 on
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • I still have people visiting my springfield and tapping on buildings...
  • I dropped 10 from my feeder town into my main town, and I can't find a single one.
  • Jannit99 wrote: »
    Hello all al, it would be great to know at least which continent neighbors live in then I wouldn't send lawyers at 10 pm French time to neighbors who live in Australia. Any thoughts or clues on this??

Idea? Maybe we could all place the flag of our country at our landing zone. I still think it's the Simpson house but maybe they move it to the stage with the first patch. I know all areas of one country are not the same time zone but at least you'd have a clue.

Great idea, I've put the UK flag on mine :smile:
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3078 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm confused on the timing of dropping lawyers. I dropped 30+ this morning, less than 2 hours later I get the box that says sorry no one helped me. If we get the same payout from what we drop, why would it matter if no one "helped" us?

Too bad we can't tap lawyers in friends towns because I can find them easier than finding the fans.

It's pretty ridiculous!

This far I have found a grand total of two lawyers in my town. I just got a notification that a neighbor dropped lawyers in my town. I entered the game for the sole purpose of finding said lawyers...cannot find them.

Yet, on friend visits I find them like you would not believe!

Really makes me wonder if there is not something dreadfully amiss with the mechanics...like they are invisible or otherwise not showing up when a neighbor drops them.

Two hours is definitely not enough time for a neighbor to find them. I'm also curious about the timing of the notifications. How long after the drop are they being recieved?
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    I'm in the UK and didn't get a flag bundle so all I have is the Stars and Stripes or Rainbow to choose from :lol:
    Same colours, close enough. I once heard a Brit refer to his flag as the Red, White, and Blue. (I didn't like that very much...)

I suppose that would differentiate it from the individual flags of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales (none of which has all three of those colors). That is the original red, white and blue I think, so he does have a right.

The Welsh flag is definitely my favorite though.
  • You know what would be just a little bit helpful? A counter. So at least I could know how many lawyers I should be hunting.
  • t9SZrzG.png

Errrrr........but?.......erm......*sigh*

I'm wondering if the vaping 'Stan Lee' is telling the lawyer he shouldn't be there when there's 10 slots available.....:lol:

• Should we start a dedicated whine thread? ;)
    simp7fan wrote: »
    If a neighbor of mine whines I'll visit them.

Should we start a dedicated whine thread? ;)

Don't waste your time on me ;)
    If a neighbor of mine whines I'll visit them.

Should we start a dedicated whine thread? ;)

Will cheese be served?
    :D

I'm hoping for fondue :smiley: (fingers crossed)

I have some forum regulars who haven't even updated. I guess they have quit the game. And I find the best neighbors are those quiet baby accounts. They are dedicated. They visit everyday. I do nothing for them. I feel bad (kinda). So I'm dumping my lawyers on them. You (@simp7fan , @johncolombo ) have so many groupies on here that you don't need the help. You're getting nothing from me. Just my <3.

And if Weird Al looks like a woman to you, you have problems. :D

When did he stop wearing glasses? I like my Weird Al bespectacled B)

forgot about his glasses. So no moustache no glasses in a floral print top with long straight hair on an iPhone makes him look a wee bit like a lass.

How I remember weird Al:
    vgpmenb241y5.jpg

How he looks now IRL and game:
    znomsraymnjq.jpg

[/quote]

I honestly did not know who was weird Al until 5 weeks ago. The first time i saw him in tv was on a tv series Johnny Bravo. It included Adam West. R.I.P :'(
  • hatchet669 wrote: »
    I still have people visiting my springfield and tapping on buildings...

:lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

I was the same, had two in the last couple of days... the second one being my youngest, nearly fell off my chair when her name come up on handshakes, when I texted her to ask if it was her, she said yeah, she'd "downloaded it while I was out because I was bored on the bus ... plus it looked weird (I'm assuming she meant the tab icon)" ... I wouldn't mind, but the bus ride is literally 15mins from where she lives, kids nowadays have no attention span whatso.......ooh notification.... sorry, what?.... erm.... where was I?
  • rw228
    1047 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    This is ridiculous! I've had three notifications that a neighbor has dropped lawyers. I went in more than 15 minutes later each time and have yet to find one!

If a neighbor just visits and doesn't drop lawyers do we still get the notification?
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    t9SZrzG.png

I'm wondering if the vaping 'Stan Lee' is telling the lawyer he shouldn't be there when there's 10 slots available.....:lol:
    Nice catch.

Good research, also. I tried something like that. They do show up basically immediately. I don't know when they despawn either. Went to bed. It was more than an hour. Maybe 2. I might try again.

I also found that it does not matter to your neighbour if you tap the lawyer. The single lawyer reward is 12 cuffs and 3 tickets either way. It only matters to you. You get whatever he drops (I forget).

Still nice to reciprocate....
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • RW ive been having similar issues. i'll get the notification and search and find none. But a few hours later i'll find a random lawyer and its theirs. i don't know what going on. Maybe its the timezones to blame! lol
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    t9SZrzG.png

Nice catch.

Good research, also. I tried something like that. They do show up basically immediately. I don't know when they despawn either. Went to bed. It was more than an hour. Maybe 2. I might try again.

I also found that it does not matter to your neighbour if you tap the lawyer. The single lawyer reward is 12 cuffs and 3 tickets either way. It only matters to you. You get whatever he drops (I forget).

Still nice to reciprocate....

Exactly, I might still get the reward no matter where I place them, but it's nice to know that someone who gave you a boost is (hopefully) getting one back and seeing a name instead of no-one is more satisfying as you know they've got something out of it...

Trouble is, I then start thinking they must be hating on me because they might send me 5 but I can only spare something like 2 as that's all I've got, so I have visions of them searching their towns for ages looking for a third/fourth etc.. and cursing me because they can't find them...like others say, a simple counter would've been nice

• simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    Haters gonna hate.

That was your point, right? ;)
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • There's definitely a strategy to who you give Lawyers and how many, if you want Lawyers in return.

^^^I still had some of these this morning too. When do they force the update? One of them was a level 939 who chats here on occasion.

I also seem to be wasting my lawyers. I seem to have a lot of Australian neighbors. Can't seem to sync the time up together. I'm getting theirs, they aren't getting mine.

I'm going to clean house and dump a bunch of people. If anybody wants me, give me a sign. American -EST time zone. 5pm to midnight EST is the best time drop for me.

Thanks all ;)
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2312 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Haters gonna hate.

That was your point, right? ;)

Guess it's more me being paranoid and not wanting conflict, I should shake it off, shake it off...
    hatchet669 wrote: »

^^^I still had some of these this morning too. When do they force the update? One of them was a level 939 who chats here on occasion.

A long time neighbour has suddenly started so i think its been forced by now, bit odd it took this guy so long, he's usually my pacesetter, as long as i can keep my event currency ticking along close to his I know it's in track