EA Forums - Banner

FYI - in case you do something boneheaded like I just did

I used my unemployment office to task my characters for 4 hours, before I realized that I hadn't tasked my performers. The characters used for Weird Al were not affected. I was able to task them on their currency earning tasks, as they are exempted from the unemployment office. However, the performers are not excluded from the task manager in this event. And so, I will have to forego having anyone perform on any stage for the next 4 hours.
Just so you know.

Replies

• Dang..... I've started using the employment office a bit more since I got the she-she lounge and did it for the first time today on 4hr tasks, luckily my performers were out of synch....hopefully as it's early you won't lose too much progress though
  • C0rgano
    442 posts Member
    store the buildings they are tied to and then place them again to release them from their tasks (other than Homer/Lisa, obviously; unless they are in an indoor task not at the Simpson house)... at least you can get some of them back to work that way.

• I almost accidentally nuked my town this morning. Hit the wrong button when selecting the KEM to sell.
  • giphy.gif
    Thought this gif might be appropriate haha
  • Yep I've just done a boneheaded thing now, I was collecting their cuffs as they finished jamming so the characters aren't assigned to a job and I got distracted then noticed my Helen love joy task was free (I just recently perchased her) I was like oooo a task and clicked it to my horror I realised I just sent rev lovejoy on a 24 hour task!! :'( Damn! I think I might have to purchase the last item in this event with my donuts as I've got no premium characters
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    Been there, done that.
  • giphy.gif

That is exactly how I felt!
  • hatchet669 wrote: »
    I almost accidentally nuked my town this morning. Hit the wrong button when selecting the KEM to sell.

If I ever did nuke my town, I'd quit the game. Having played from the very beginning till now, there's just no way I'd ever be able to rebuild the entire town, KL, SH, SquidPort, Monorail, etc.
  • qsergio29
    122 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    giphy.gif

when i realize we have a quiz and did not study and did not even bring a pencil
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    I managed to free everyone except Lisa when I did it a couple of days ago (Homer was at the Stunt Canon so I just stored that to free him). I meant to post a warning but I forgot because I'm also trying to play Futurama WOT and the game with the Guy who has a Family.
  • AARONRTD
    1820 posts Member
    hatchet669 wrote: »
    I almost accidentally nuked my town this morning. Hit the wrong button when selecting the KEM to sell.

If I ever did nuke my town, I'd quit the game. Having played from the very beginning till now, there's just no way I'd ever be able to rebuild the entire town, KL, SH, SquidPort, Monorail, etc.

First contact EA and have them do a rollback to the day before you brain farted and all will be good - the time it took them to do it may effect the event going on but I ask to get back what I lost or the donuts it would take to purchase it. 'Tis what I'd do before blowing my brains by quitting this game.
  • Isn't kl separate meaning if you do nuke your town kl doesn't kl stay the same?
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    Isn't kl separate meaning if you do nuke your town kl doesn't kl stay the same?
    Yup. Krustyland is separate. You can Nuke it without Nuking your Springfield and vice versa.
  • wadebear wrote: »
    Isn't kl separate meaning if you do nuke your town kl doesn't kl stay the same?
    Yup. Krustyland is separate. You can Nuke it without Nuking your Springfield and vice versa.
    Thanks I thought it was

• ...plenty solid info here, & to round it out; UOfc was great addition but if u do have time / patience, always certainly best to maximize income doing direct tasking for majority of characters ;-T
  • I've done that few times.
  • OhHappyJays
    1659 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    "You gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet."

I made a few mistakes sending people on long tasks they didn't need to be sent on. I blame my itchy trigger finger. :s
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • I did the same thing in the last event. I've managed to avoid it so far this time, but on the first day I set the players for the outdoor stage then retasked everyone else before discovering there were other venues too.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I was going to use the auto fill button, because I was in a hurry to set the stages. I had already added Apu and accidentally pressed start, so I have Apu on the main stage by himself. The crowd doesn't seem to mind though. :lol: