EA Forums - Banner

It's a bold move, but I had to do it ;)

Replies

• Frosty the Hitman, Annual Giftman and Bonestorm Santa are in storage until the snow comes back. They go back into storage when the snow leaves.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I only store characters temporarily, like if they're literally in the way. I have one character stored until they fix his questline. I don't own Arnie. Norbert goes to the She-She.
    168sean168 wrote: »
    All my characters generally are malingering. Never set them up for tasks. Free to roam the town
    Free-range. Lovely.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Jonalinn wrote: »
    I assign tasks through the unemployment office almost exclusively (with only a few minor exceptions... like the twins).
    What do you do with the twins?
  • I enjoy setting my characters manually to tasks I find the most amusing so I have no issue with those two guys. What DOES annoy me are characters that are permanently attached to a building I don’t want. I love having Rock star Maggie performing on the new stage right now but I hate what I had to do to hide that giant thing she comes with. She’s going to be my difficult choice when this event is over.
  • zlevell786
    217 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    All NPCs in storage. Arnie permanently in stonecutter skin and I only use 4hr tasks when I'm not expecting to be back on it within that time, so I manage to avoid Norbert.

Dam those flying planes are annoying.
  • Jonalinn
    1766 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    HisWrath wrote: »
    Jonalinn wrote: »
    I assign tasks through the unemployment office almost exclusively (with only a few minor exceptions... like the twins).
    What do you do with the twins?

They get put on a 24 hr task. There's always a very small handful of characters left over after everyone else goes out on 8 hr jobs and they're in that group :)
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • The twins generate a nice return in the bounce house. That's where I keep 'em all the time. I bet their brains are like jelly by now.
    Level 939 (and holding)
    Yes, I'm a real fantasy author!
  • I endured Arnie Pye flying around for 3 weeks or so, then stored him and he's staying there! :)

All other full characters are out in Springfield, doing their bit to keep the $$$s flowing.

I initially stored all NPCs until I decided that my Springfield felt quite empty with so many characters spending so long at the She-She Lounge, so I switched to having NPCs all out instead. However, it's getting pretty crowded on the streets now, so I should probably start to put some of them away again...!
  • FrankyK47 wrote: »
    I only put two characters in storage:

1. Norbert: His 4 hours disturbing air plane task really annoyed me.
    2. President Lisa: I can't hear her stupid SJW voice-over any more.

Yes to goodbye Norbert! Accidental taps that whip me to the east coast is maddening.
  • I use the unemployment office to set most tasks so Cecil isn't a problem. Norbert, I set on 24 hours always, one of the few I task manually.
  • I actually have my airport and TV station strategically placed. I have my KEM farm off in a corner, along with the TV station. Sometimes I use Arnie to "warp" to that location.
  • Oh, and I stored Yakuza Boss. Can't tap on to release him during one common task. Opposite problem as Arnie.
  • Well, got She-She so everyone goes
    on a 4Hr task (kids got their own 4 Hr task)

While I understand, I don't really approve, sometimes they become useful at a later date, and I do not have time to rearrange buildings.

Approximately 210+ characters on 4 Hr tasks ( during downtime) and 30 characters on 24 hr tasks ( because they can't do She-She task or their payouts are higher, Ex. Sherri and Terri or Money Burns)

However to each their own, my place is not to judge, but to tap. Judgementally tap those guilty characters, how dare you be offended by my tapping? Do you know who.i am? I'm the guy that's going to steal your lemon tree, and store your house and replace it with the lemons.

Make an offering to me of Exp and ingame cash, and I shall allow you to be unstored in the abyss another day. Bring me donuts? You shall have your pick of outdoor tasks, my finger does not judge with bias, all are punished and rewarded based on donut merit, you shall be allowed an audience.
    Al3Dv.gif
  • May I say, bravo for the courage. Oh, I have thought about it, but I never had what it takes to actually store them for having the most annoying tasks in TSTO history.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • 1pillform
    1955 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I always do. I either got no room for all their buildings. Or I dislike the character or I don't like what the building is that they come with. Like the Slaughterhouse which is what The Lunch lady comes with, I don't like that building. So I will NEVER have her in my town ever. Unless they some day allow us to store the building but keep the character in town. I'm just not gonna allow that crap in my town. I think there is 9 characters I got permanently in storage. There is a few I want out again like Rockstar Maggie or whoever that is lol I cant remember if its Maggie or Lisa. With her oversized Stadium that I can't place anywhere that won't look out of place. It sticks out like a sore thumb and looks ugly and goes with nothing in town.
    ~Always be Designing~
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    my place is not to judge, but to tap
    Nice quote.
  • I have Arnie Pye and Norbert in storage permanently - or at least until they have some automatically startable 4 hour task. And I put almost all my NPC in storage for the event. Too hard to find lawyers with them in the way. They may stay in storage though - who needs them? It would be another matter if they had a multiplier...
  • Jonalinn
    1766 posts Member
    I use the unemployment office to set most tasks so Cecil isn't a problem. Norbert, I set on 24 hours always, one of the few I task manually.

This is me as well. I always sent Norbert out on his 24 hour assignment but, eventually, I'd forget and he'd get caught up in my 4 hr task sweep. Keeping him going (and out of my way) every day since March has gotten tiring. So away he went. Most likely not forever, but at least for now.

For the most part, I have a daily set schedule with my characters:
    • Morning: All out on 8 hr tasks
    • Dinner Time: All out on 4 hr tasks
    • Bed Time: All out on overnight 8 hr tasks
  • Jonalinn
    1766 posts Member
    bluntcard wrote: »
    May I say, bravo for the courage. Oh, I have thought about it, but I never had what it takes to actually store them for having the most annoying tasks in TSTO history.

LoL! Their tasks are annoying lol! :D To borrow a phrase from the past, they can "cool their jets" in my inventory ;) IOlNpXj.jpg
  • Jonalinn
    1766 posts Member
    1pillform wrote: »
    I always do. I either got no room for all their buildings. Or I dislike the character or I don't like what the building is that they come with. Like the Slaughterhouse which is what The Lunch lady comes with, I don't like that building. So I will NEVER have her in my town ever. Unless they some day allow us to store the building but keep the character in town. I'm just not gonna allow that crap in my town. I think there is 9 characters I got permanently in storage. There is a few I want out again like Rockstar Maggie or whoever that is lol I cant remember if its Maggie or Lisa. With her oversized Stadium that I can't place anywhere that won't look out of place. It sticks out like a sore thumb and looks ugly and goes with nothing in town.

That stadium is insanely large, isn't it? 9YJQmFJ.gif