EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #14: HOMERPALOOZA: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT I

Replies

• Pokelon wrote: »
    Okay....well that's really strange then......because both Lisa and Homer started around the same time if I remember well? Yet Lisa has 3 stars and Homer only 2? I have let both jam continuously...and there's a lot of discrepancies between characters. Are they all levelled the same in your town?
    As @tonykzr mentioned, not all performers start at 1 star, some started at 1½, some at 2, some will start at 2½ and so on...

For the record........
    Screenshot_2017-08-14-12-35-06.png

You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • tonykzr wrote: »
    its simply.

lisa started with 1 star more than homer.

homer, apu, hibbert and lovejoy started with only 1star.
    is this characters discrepancies?

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/126573/homerpalooza-star-management/p1

Thank you! Now I will be able to sleep again tonight! :D

• Sorry if this has been discussed. I haven't be able to keep,up with the forum lately.

I dropped 10 lawyers in my feeder town and didn't clear them on purpose. I got 120 cuffs and 30 tickets. When I dropped 10 in @johncolombo's town and he cleared all, I received 84 cuffs and 21 tickets. So we profit more if our neighbors do not clear Lawyers.

Whilst that may be true, I'd rather share resources with my neighbors than hog them all. I'm already done with this act already.

"By Grabthar's hammer, by the Sons of Warvan, by the power of friendship you shall be lawyered!"

giphy.gif

I agree. Once I finished the act, I started dropping extra lawyers to those on my friends list who had scores on the lower end. As you said, I would much rather help out my neighbors who need it.

Oh I agree. I didn't mean that we should do that, just stating the results of a little test we were doing to figure out the payout.
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Muhsterino
    4496 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Icons for characters in chart form so far from acts 1 & 2 - premium purchases are shown at the top.
    jbZwAGrl.jpg
    Note that once Nick Delacourt's quest line is completed, he does NOT have a 4 hour job.
    Post edited by Muhsterino on
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    Icons for characters in chart form so far from acts 1 & 2 - premium purchases are shown at the top.
    pogFIMhl.jpg

Thank you, great job! FYI Weird Al can perform on all stages after you finish his specific 3 acts.

• @Pokelon Thanks for adding that information :smiley:
  • You're welcome! :wink:

jbZwAGrl.jpg
    Note that once Nick Delacourt's quest line is completed, he does NOT have a 4 hour job.

This is really awesome. Thanks @Muhsterino !
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Thanks Muhsterino, I was getting so confused about who could play where....helps me out a lot
    jbZwAGrl.jpg

This helps immensely, but I'm still a bit confused as to what kind of music can be played at each venue. The rock and pop stages are no-brainers, but Moe's, the Kwik-E-Mart, and the Simpson's house have gotten me messed up. I finished a performance, and when I went to send everyone back, I ended up with Leon leftover and an empty slot at one venue (forget which, but obviously not a stage).
  • @kathy699 It seems that the other venues can be either rock or pop and can change each time you assign characters.
    I cycle through each venue before assigning characters to see what's required. I then start with the rock only characters at the rock venues, and then move on to the pop venues.

• kathy699 wrote: »
    This helps immensely, but I'm still a bit confused as to what kind of music can be played at each venue. The rock and pop stages are no-brainers, but Moe's, the Kwik-E-Mart, and the Simpson's house have gotten me messed up.

Look at the bottom of the window (where you assign characters to places). It will indicate if it's pop or rock. Cycle through all of them to see which are pop/rock this round (it changes for some of the venues). Then plan accordingly.
  • Pokelon
    439 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    kathy699 wrote: »
    This helps immensely, but I'm still a bit confused as to what kind of music can be played at each venue. The rock and pop stages are no-brainers, but Moe's, the Kwik-E-Mart, and the Simpson's house have gotten me messed up.

Look at the bottom of the window (where you assign characters to places). It will indicate if it's pop or rock. Cycle through all of them to see which are pop/rock this round (it changes for some of the venues). Then plan accordingly.

For now, you should leave all possible pop players (players that can do both rock & pop) open and first do the 2 slots (more bonus) only in the end when you have pop players leftover should you use the pop stage.
    Exactly like we did in the beginning with the rock only, because we don't have enough pop players yet. (not sure if I'm clear?)

• Pokelon wrote: »
    kathy699 wrote: »

For now, you should leave all possible pop players (players that can do both rock & pop) open and first do the 2 slots (more bonus) only in the end when you have pop players leftover should you use the pop stage.
    Exactly like we did in the beginning with the rock only, because we don't have enough pop players yet. (not sure if I'm clear?)

Yes, made sense to me....ill follow that strategy
  • My biggest issue with this event is the failure of consistency. 4 hours ago my Rock performers could play at Moe's and the Kwik E Mart, now they can't and I ran out of performers that were allowed to play in those locations.
  • seven43861 wrote: »
    My biggest issue with this event is the failure of consistency. 4 hours ago my Rock performers could play at Moe's and the Kwik E Mart, now they can't and I ran out of performers that were allowed to play in those locations.

If people have to just do the exact same thing every 4 hours then people complain that it's boring. If people have to pause and figure out how to best maximize what's available then it's labelled a "failure of consistency"? EA can't win.

My biggest issue with this event is the failure of consistency. 4 hours ago my Rock performers could play at Moe's and the Kwik E Mart, now they can't and I ran out of performers that were allowed to play in those locations.

If people have to just do the exact same thing every 4 hours then people complain that it's boring. If people have to pause and figure out how to best maximize what's available then it's labelled a "failure of consistency"? EA can't win.

This is true regardless of what occurs, however, we literally do the same thing every 4 hours.
    The fact that inconsistent venues occur simply add to the frustration.

I do enjoy the variety of animations displayed on the Rock and Pop venues ( looking forward to the next acts animations) but it is the same old 4 Hr cycle except you know with added steps.
    rick-morty-slavery-2.gif?w=300&h=169

I run into the same issue and came to the forum hoping to find the answer to this problem. I guess atm it's not clear. I will try to experiment with the music performers at different venues and I hope I can figure it out. First time I was left with extra unused performers but then was able to use all of them and now I can't figure out how to get them perform all again :(
  • Ok I play in 3 towns and what I noticed is my first town had Moe's requesting pop players and in second and third it was requesting rock players. On the other hand the first and second town was requesting rock musicians for kwik-e-mart but in third pop musicians. That must be the element that is changing and not sure so far if there is a way to change it in our advantage. So unless there is a way to manipulate that we will be left with empty slots while the characters are running around town doing nothing for 4 hours.
  • It's random guys. So all your stages can have either rock or pop (except for the 2 principal stages that have 1 rock & 1 pop and the Elementary School only pop). So Moe's, The Simpson's House and the Kwik E Mart will randomly propose Rock or Pop. Up to you to make sure to use you characters in the right way. As said before, as we don't have many Pop players yet. Start with filling all Pop stages, do the main stage only in the end if you have characters left, so you can have bonusses everywhere. Once you're done with Pop, then start on Rock. Hope this helps?