EA Forums - Banner

Some of You have really nice Towns :)

Replies

  • fragrlr0ck
    88 posts
    edited February 2013
    Thanks so much for the kind words everyone, I’ve literally been counting trees in the woods for the last few days and apologize that I haven’t given out as much love as I’ve received. This thread has made me feel really good during a time where I don’t feel so good about a lot of other things. I have gained some great new neighbors from this thread and will add a couple more contributors tomorrow if you’ll have me. I won’t take it personally if you don’t accept and I’m really sorry if this post results in tons of unwanted invites in this now barren wasteland.
  • doctoru2
    291 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I may not be as nice as some of the towns listed here, but I try.

    However, in an effort to create "art" using Springfield items, I wanted to create something specific. I would like opinions on whether I achieved it (or at least came close to it). :mrgreen:

    It might look better smaller, but I don't know how to resize. :(


    TARDIS_zps046dfb75.jpg
  • Apronikoff
    3 posts
    edited February 2013
    Haha, that's pretty great doctoru2. But are the dumpsters bigger on the inside?
  • doctoru2
    291 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Apronikoff wrote:
    Haha, that's pretty great doctoru2. But are the dumpsters bigger on the inside?


    Alas, only the green ones are. :mrgreen:

    I admit, dumpsters weren't ideal, but not many things are blue in this game.
  • Fritter2
    55 posts
    edited February 2013
    Doctor, I love it! Probably the most unique artwork I have seen and definitely the most unusual use of the dumpsters!

    You and I have been neighbors for awhile and every time I see your username I am dying to ask you if the u2 refers to U2 the band? Just wondering, I am a huge fan.


  • Hannukkah
    7 posts
    edited February 2013
    add me: hannukkah
  • kristyhowe
    41 posts
    edited February 2013
    You guys have inspired me to re do my town, I've never done that before coz I loved it the way it was and I was worried it wouldn't turn out right but I just had to have a lakeside cabin area! Took me all day yesterday but I'm glad I did it!!

    Thanks guys
  • echoes999
    30 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the nice words apronikoff. Inspect a lot of time building up that area into something I really liked. I'm glad somebody noticed the cars back there. My new obsession is moving the cars and reindeer around my city everyday so my neighbors can find them. Lol. It's a small thing but I enjoy it.
  • SlinkyBeads
    442 posts
    edited February 2013
    Fantastic take on the Tardis Doctoru2 !! Very very creative :thumbup:

  • echoes999
    30 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Just a heads up to all my friends. After building the wiggum house my games appears to be stricken with the harp glitch. So as of now I can't get into my town and do anything. Hopefully it doesn't last long but if you see me in active on the game that's why.
  • SlinkyBeads
    442 posts
    edited February 2013
    echoes999 wrote:
    Just a heads up to all my friends. After building the wiggum house my games appears to be stricken with the harp glitch. So as of now I can't get into my town and do anything. Hopefully it doesn't last long but if you see me in active on the game that's why.

    Oh no :( hope you get back in soon! Thanks for letting us know... Although I don't think people will delete you, I know I wouldn't think of deleting anybody I had interacted with on here!
  • gottegris
    94 posts
    edited February 2013
    Urmas-1 I'm glad I added you. You have a great looking town! :)

    And I do agree with what some of you say, it's hard waiting around for more money, when you're full of ideas. Right now I'm just trying to stack up on v- stuff, specially like the bushes. :lol:

    I would also love doing some 3D creating in my town, but right now, there's no room. :(

    Oh, and was it archimedes that had that cool escalater going up? Loved it! :)
  • kristyhowe
    41 posts
    edited February 2013
    Doctoru2 - Best use of escalator to nowhere I've seen! Another neighbour has it going into the hospital but yours is better! Lol!
  • doctoru2
    291 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Fritter2 wrote:
    Doctor, I love it! Probably the most unique artwork I have seen and definitely the most unusual use of the dumpsters!

    You and I have been neighbors for awhile and every time I see your username I am dying to ask you if the u2 refers to U2 the band? Just wondering, I am a huge fan.


    Yep, yep!

    The entire moniker is for my favorite two things: Doctor Who and U2. Combined, I get DoctorU2. :) I became a fan of Doctor Who around 1980 or so. I became a fan of U2 around 1983 or so. Yes, I'm old. :mrgreen: But years of being a fan have allowed me to build up nice little collections from both of these. Someday I may sell them, but for now I enjoy.
  • zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited February 2013
    doctoru2 wrote:
    Apronikoff wrote:
    Haha, that's pretty great doctoru2. But are the dumpsters bigger on the inside?


    Alas, only the green ones are. :mrgreen:

    I admit, dumpsters weren't ideal, but not many things are blue in this game.

    Love it!!
  • doctoru2
    291 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    kristyhowe wrote:
    Doctoru2 - Best use of escalator to nowhere I've seen! Another neighbour has it going into the hospital but yours is better! Lol!

    Thanks! :mrgreen:

    The idea was Lissarv's, but she couldn't implement it in her town without a major redesign. Fortunately, it was just a few clicks for me - and I love it too. :)
  • kristyhowe
    41 posts
    edited February 2013
    kristyhowe wrote:
    Please add me kristyhowe. I don't have house farms or Christmas decorations still up or nuclear waste lying around. I'm level 26, play all the time and have a nice layout

    I will add you, purely because your name is similar to mine!

    I'm Kirsty! Hi *waves* :mrgreen:

    And I'm also from up north uk! Co Durham!
  • gottegris
    94 posts
    edited February 2013
    doctoru2 wrote:
    kristyhowe wrote:
    Doctoru2 - Best use of escalator to nowhere I've seen! Another neighbour has it going into the hospital but yours is better! Lol!

    Thanks! :mrgreen:

    The idea was Lissarv's, but she couldn't implement it in her town without a major redesign. Fortunately, it was just a few clicks for me - and I love it too. :)

    Did you post a pic? I would love to see it! :)
  • okcmamma
    41 posts
    edited February 2013
    Anyone having issues getting in this morning? I get the harp tone over and over and it freezes. They better fix it soon!!
  • echoes999
    30 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    okcmamma wrote:
    Anyone having issues getting in this morning? I get the harp tone over and over and it freezes. They better fix it soon!!

    It happened to me two days ago and I haven't been able to get in since. So hopefully it gets fixed soon. It happened right after I built the wiggum house. Sorry it happened to you to okcmamma. That sucks.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.