EA Forums - Banner

What would you do?

Prev1
I'm getting dangerously close to the max item limit. I can't decide what to do. I really don't want to sacrifice my existing designs and I'm not thrilled at the thought of having to lower my multiplier.
If this were you, which of the following would you do to lower item numbers:
A. Store Squidport fences
B. Store Monorail tracks
C. Store some of the many multiplier items that are hidden throughout your town
D. You have another suggestion.

BTW, I don't have any shrubs, fences, etc. hiding behind buildings.
BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish

Replies

• I'm getting dangerously close to the max item limit. I can't decide what to do. I really don't want to sacrifice my existing designs and I'm not thrilled at the thought of having to lower my multiplier.
    B. Store Monorail tracks

Do you still have the beach hideaways out? If so, I suggest replacing each piece with one on land of equal multiplier value. When you've finished, your multiplier will be the same but you will have more room in your item count since water decorations count as two items.
  • I would store Squidport fences if you don't need them since they say that glitch doubling the item count on your Squidport still exists.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Castiel19x
    4241 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    If it was me I'd store the Monorail tracks and shorten the squid port as I'm keen on these in my town. I don't use these in my town because of how many items they use.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • I would store Squidport fences if you don't need them since they say that glitch doubling the item count on your Squidport still exists.

This.

Also I routinely replace shirt monorail track pieces with the regular ones, they add up you know?
    Why have 34 short track pieces when 17 has the same length?
  • Do you have many bridges in your town? Those count against the deco limit. I hated losing them in my town, but they're easily brought back if the deco limit is ever raised significantly.

Maybe block squid port fences with boats.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • I'm getting dangerously close to the max item limit. I can't decide what to do. I really don't want to sacrifice my existing designs and I'm not thrilled at the thought of having to lower my multiplier.
    B. Store Monorail tracks

Do you still have the beach hideaways out? If so, I suggest replacing each piece with one on land of equal multiplier value. When you've finished, your multiplier will be the same but you will have more room in your item count since water decorations count as two items.

That's a good idea. I'll try to hide some pieces behind buildings.

@Castiel19x good idea. I'll try that.
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Multipliers. If you're already that far in the game, you shouldnt need the in game money as much anymore
  • rw228
    1055 posts Member
    SP fences. Let them fall off the side!
  • Get rid of the fences.
  • Nuke.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • wiedmannaj wrote: »
    Nuke.

Don't do this :joy:
  • Too bad they won't let us put stuff in KL :(
    I guess, just keep out what you really love the most. Store seasonal items. I dunno how big your monorail is. If it's huge, yes, I'd make it smaller and more efficient.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • If this were you, which of the following would you do to lower item numbers:
    This IS Springfield we're talking about. If people fall in the water then charge them to be rescued.
    B. Store Monorail tracks
    I got rid of all my monorail tracks. I spent a lot of time working on it and I liked my monorail but the tracks were making it too hard to move other things. As in EVERYTHING. I've got all the land now and need to redo the entire town.
    Quit hiding stuff in MY town. I have quite enough stuff to deal with thank you!
    Make a numbered list of everything you have in your town. Use a random number generator to pull up numbers. Remove the corresponding items. o:)
  • I got rid of my SP fencing a long time ago. First thing to go.
  • I don't have any item count issues at the moment but I've been wrestling with idea of getting rid of my monorail. It's fun but kinda uglies up the place and the stations take up a lot of real estate.
  • smohqy
    2104 posts Member
    Question: Are all items that are placeable on SP counted as double when there?

Also, I've built my multiplier up to nearly 2300%, and I don't know how much of that is I&S billboards, but I'm keeping them until I get around to redesigning (I actually tried to start when this event hit). When I hit the item limit, they'll probably go to KL.
  • Squidport fences for sure. Multipliers should be the last thing you remove.

Maybe removes fences/ hedges/ plants that are behind buildings you wont see if you havent already.
  • Your town's so much fun, it's hard to get rid of anything!

But if you need to trim your item count, I agree with many above that the Squidport fences should be first to go. Particularly on your pirate pier --- who ever heard of pirates using hand rails!!! You've also got a lot of inland fencing. You probably could pare that down without any negative impact on your design. I've broken my addiction to fencing and my item count is much more manageable. Waterways (wo bridges) are a great low-calorie way to create a border!
  • You could store Multipliers until you need to make donuts, then just place them all in one place, get your sprinkles and put them back away. :) No? Okay.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.