EA Forums - Banner

Irma

Prev1
Irma's probably gonna make me miss the manager Cletus prize

Replies

• Evacuate! And don't forget to flush.
  • Don't let Irma win.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • If you want to send me a friend request, ill fill you up with lawyers every chance I get.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • wadebear wrote: »
    Evacuate! And don't forget to flush.
    Won't be able to flush we have well water(needs power to operate)
  • It might be humorous to some, but we are terribly frightened down here. We live only 9 miles inland and are on target (right now) for a direct hit. I'm so scared.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Prayers for those people that are in Irma's path.
  • empathy77
    4187 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Everyone in this beasts path need to board up and get out.

Stay safe.
  • This game is the last of your worries. One of my besties is down there and I am trying to convince her to leave. Be well, be safe.
  • I heard that a follow up storm will happen, is that true?
    Either way please take care of yourself and I hope your shelves are stocked with nonperishables, also ****.
  • @hbird999 @Jonalinn

I'm in Houston and we are still dealing with Harvey so I'm familiar with that fear. My heart goes out to all of you guys dealing with this beast.

A couple of suggestions:

1. Fill your bath tubs and run your washing machine on a short, hot cycle with bleach to sanitize it and then fill it (empty, no soap or anything) as if you were doing the largest load possible and turn the machine off. Use that water for sponge baths, cleaning, filling the toilet tank for flushing, etc.
    2. Don't drive in high water!!! "Turn around and don't drown" As a precaution, put something in your car to break a window and cut seat belts. If your car gets swept away, break a window! Your car is totaled so who cares about a window. It is extremely hard to open a door in flood waters.
    3. If you have to, climb on the roof for higher ground and not into the attic. Fast rising water can trap you in an attic.
    4. Have a plan for your pets. They're scared too and most of them have no survival instincts aside from clinging to their owners. A pillowcase will work for cats and small dogs if you don't have a carrier.
    5. Freeze containers of water to keep your freezer cold longer.
    6. Take a picture of the contents of your fridge and freezer so you can map out the location of what you need before opening the door and conserve the cold. Use and ice-chest for "go-to" stuff like sandwich fixins and beverages. Yeah, "fixins".... I'm from Texas.... :p
    7. Double or triple ziploc your phone to keep it dry if you have to go out in the rain and turn off all unnecessary background apps to conserve the battery.
    8. Pack an escape bag before the storm. (and don't forget pet-food)
    9. Don't panic. Emotions can run high so try to keep a level head.

Send me a friend request and I will send lawyers as much as possible.

~Please~ keep us posted so we know you guys are okay.

• If you are leaving, freeze a cup of water and place a coin on top of the ice. Put the cup back in the freezer, and you will know if your food is spoiled if the coin has fallen to the bottom and refrozen.
  • I'll put every spare lawyer I have in your town - provided you arent maxed out already.
  • you could give your game password to one of your neighbors, with private message, so that someone can enter your place and take the prizes
  • I'm a ?

Oh Irma lol
  • And now there is Hurricane Katia in the gulf. What the heck?!?

Yeah I heard about that.

God is very angry.
    If you believe in that.

Or Mother Nature is very angry.
    If you believe in that.

Or Climate change is occurring and we are paying the price, you know if you believe in that.

Long story short, always be prepared for the worst, no matter what you believe in things aren't going great right now, but with awareness and preparation we can limit damage and lives lost.
  • Antigua and Barbuda PM reported 90% of Barbuda's structures have been Totally Demolished. It's the Haiti crisis all over again, and hasnt even reached the Dominican Republic yet.

Don't forget about Jose which is behind Irma.

• @someonewashere
    Long story short, always be prepared for the worst, no matter what you believe in things aren't going great right now, but with awareness and preparation we can limit damage and lives lost.

So true.
    And now there is Hurricane Katia in the gulf. What the heck?!?

Don't forget about Jose which is behind Irma.

I just read that.
  • @hbird999

I wasn't thinking and dropped all of my lawyers before you accepted my neighbor request. :open_mouth:

I'll get you when I stock up.

What part of Florida are you in?