EA Forums - Banner

Corn real corn

Replies

• morganbaby1016
    241 posts
    edited February 2013
    Lol I cannot wait untill mine is over! Think I have like 60 days left now.

I have 12 days 8 hours left. The span from days 80-20 were a killer. I kept checking it and it didn't seem like any time was going by. I have had a task for perfection waiting from a week in to grow it. I can't wait to be able to get that task done :)
  • Georgegiles
    34 posts
    edited February 2013
    I stated growing corn in November last year. I just harvested it at the end of January. Considering the reward, 45,000 isn't that much cash considering i earn about 50,000 per day just from jobs, building collection ect. I suggest someone not to plant corn - takes too long and is not worth it!
  • MattGuil
    14 posts
    edited February 2013
    Just a confirmation about using marge to speed up the crop. I planted the corn 56 days ago and I only have 7 days left untill harvesting. I guess it just depends on how many times you make Marge go on her 4 hour task.
  • albertronnie
    93 posts
    edited February 2013
    I have 20 days & 4 hours left until my corn is ready.
    Seemed like a good idea & reward at the time, how wrong, *smacks forehead* :x
    At least I can say I've done it, I think I will cry if it comes up as a quest after I harvest it!
  • derek1mg
    17 posts
    edited February 2013
    I did it and I was like a kid at Christmas when it finally finished. It doesn't look all that cool (as shown by others screen shots) but it was cool to have. ~27% bonus so I got like 56 grand. Not a bad payday
  • haemon007
    81 posts
    edited February 2013
    When I saw the post named "Corn real corn" I was going to let the OP know that I just planted the seeds for my garden, but they will not germinate for another week or so as the weather is still cold here.....

Then I started reading and I noticed he was talking about the in-game corn.
  • jaywalk27
    28 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I usually do 24-hour tasks (collect, re-tap, visit neighbors) but I wanted to do it just once to say I have :P

39 days left!
  • CTtornado
    7 posts
    edited February 2013
    i have 38 days left and regretted it about 3 weeks in. too much time to turn back now though :roll:
  • Bayji_Gunner
    77 posts
    edited February 2013
    I have about 78 days and a wake up left.

I'm just scared I'll do something stupid like store the farm
    in my inventory when I'm more than halfway done. I put the
    farm in a corner and won't even go near it.
  • MacOCoffey
    8 posts
    edited February 2013
    i grew it the first time just because i wanted to try growing everything. i'm now on my second time because i was bored, but i don' think i will again. i now realize how little it amounts to per day. and i'm getting annoyed by the lingering quest to plant something else just sitting in the taskbook. i'd cancel but i'm more than halfway through and might as well wait it out.
  • rails123
    56 posts
    edited February 2013
    I finished mine :)

Totally worth it
  • Zamo72
    3 posts
    edited August 2013
    19 Days to go here
  • MrToddTX
    29 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Just started mine this week. 84 Days to go, hopefully i'll have Marge helping speed it along when she's not needed for tasks. I'm solely doing it so that I can say I've done pretty much everything the game has to offer, not for the money. I have enough money, and the corn adds a new element to my game while I work on my Krustyland.
  • henn3001
    160 posts
    edited August 2013
    I harvested my corn a few days ago, it was quite unspectacular and a little bit disappointing.

r4wcvtaz.png

h5j3y7kx.png

5xa7gbeh.png

• ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited August 2013
    Just finished my first corn. Brilliant idea by EA. after doing everything one still has corn.

It's hard to cash in right now, but with my ~275% multiplier I hope to see a $100,000 pile of cash.

I'll post picks later.

• LordCaoCao
    85 posts
    edited August 2013
    Im at around 40days remaining ,I try not to check everytime I play. I decided to grow corn because I wanted to do it once and often forget to check The farm when playing multiple times a day. The $ isn't that great, and yeah moonshine is more efficient, but I think growing corn is cool, its my way of saying "yeah im that hooked to tapped out I know ill be playing in 90 days"
  • am4692
    2253 posts New member
    edited August 2013
    LordCaoCao wrote:
    Im at around 40days remaining ,I try not to check everytime I play. I decided to grow corn because I wanted to do it once and often forget to check The farm when playing multiple times a day. The $ isn't that great, and yeah moonshine is more efficient, but I think growing corn is cool, its my way of saying "yeah im that hooked to tapped out I know ill be playing in 90 days"

+1 to all,
    I also have about 40 days left. :D
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    I don't bother to grow corn. In my opinion it's just not worth waiting the 3 months....
  • am4692
    2253 posts New member
    edited August 2013
    I don't bother to grow corn. In my opinion it's just not worth waiting the 3 months....

I just wanted to say that I did it once. But I properly won't grow it again. I've had a grow perfection task in my task bar now for ages.
  • i_set_fire
    328 posts
    edited August 2013
    I harvested my corn today. Got around 700k$ that I didn't need. Started the moonshine task that's been sitting there for 88 days. When that finishes tomorrow, I will start the corn again.
    After waiting three months I was expecting more. It was rather anticlimactic. Next time I will place the fireworks next to it and set them off when I harvest :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.