EA Forums - Banner

Irma

2Next

Replies

• The problem is there is nowhere to flee to. This sucker is gonna go right up the center of the state...
    @hbird999

I wasn't thinking and dropped all of my lawyers before you accepted my neighbor request. :open_mouth:

I'll get you when I stock up.

What part of Florida are you in?

The part with the big target painted on it
  • The part were. Put palm beach county didn't post
  • Jonalinn wrote: »
    It might be humorous to some, but we are terribly frightened down here. We live only 9 miles inland and are on target (right now) for a direct hit. I'm so scared.
    Only the the second sentence was a joke.
    Seriously, get the heck out of Dodge (or whatever city you live in) and drive. Years ago we had a hurricane headed our way (Irene?) and I thought "Oh, it won't be that bad this far inland." I'm now living in a building that was partly built from trees that came down in that storm. I spent said storm huddled in my bathtub going "Oh my god oh my god oh my god that's another tornado rumbling by..." as trees crashed down all around me. By the time I realized how bad it was going to be it was too late to even find better shelter than the crappy trailer I was living in because it was raining so hard I couldn't see to get to my car let alone drive into town.

• Just heard about this on the news. Those in the path of the hurricane keep safe. My thoughts and prayers are with you
  • I live in Denmark, and I don't know anybody in the US, so you guys in FL and other states on the hurricane's way, are the closes to friends over there. Please give us a message when it has passed!

Anyone here in the forum from the islands in the Caribbeans?
  • Weather Stations are saying their watching 3 more possible storms, Jose is next. Were only in the middle of Hurricane season, Wow!!!
  • My brother is busy asking his Facebook friends if he should evacuate his family. they live just outside the evacuation zones for Jacksonville. I told him to get the essentials for him, his wife, kids and the cats packed and leave...but I have a feeling he intends to stay. :'(
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• You should leave all interior doors of your house shut, as well as keep the outside windows and doors closed to reduce interior pressure on the roof.
  • The shutters are up and most of the outside "crap" is in the garage now we just need VERY BIG bottles of wine ! And I got Cletus today !
  • My brother is busy asking his Facebook friends if he should evacuate his family. they live just outside the evacuation zones for Jacksonville. I told him to get the essentials for him, his wife, kids and the cats packed and leave...but I have a feeling he intends to stay. :'(

if he's in Jacksonville he should be ok the storm should loose strength by then and should only be a cat 1

• hbird999 wrote: »
    My brother is busy asking his Facebook friends if he should evacuate his family. they live just outside the evacuation zones for Jacksonville. I told him to get the essentials for him, his wife, kids and the cats packed and leave...but I have a feeling he intends to stay. :'(

if he's in Jacksonville he should be ok the storm should loose strength by then and should only be a cat 1

It had better, or else I'll kill my brother. I'm not really concerned with his safety or my sister-in-law's. They are both old enough to legally drive. I'm more concerned about my niece, nephew, and of course their two kitties. As long as those four are safe, I'm not going to be worried. I just hope their area has no flooding also. They live in a trailer park and I don't see those being tall enough or really able to withstand flood waters.
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh