EA Forums - Banner

Froze game/Harp sound FIX real I just did it it worked

I've been doing that for two days now without any luck.

Replies

• Nhlman72
    117 posts
    edited February 2013
    Bomber330 wrote:
    Ok saw this fix in another forum. It worked great for me hope this helps others.

1. Turn off screen lock on device I don't know if iPad has it I'm sure it does.
    Settings>General>auto-lock set to never

2. Start game tap to continue at login part you'll hear the harp sound.

3. Put device down and wait 15-30 minutes. (I waited about 27 minutes) the game might come on then go to the Bart screen says try again. (I tried again two times then closed game)

4. Do the restart thing EA usually tells everyone to do. (Double click home button you'll see the game icon touch hold till you see the red x tap that the click home button.

5. Restart game that should do it.

Happy Gameing Everyone!!

There's been a ton of threads on this method and we've been doing this for days, most to no avail.
  • bkberry416
    7 posts New member
    edited February 2013
    This doesn't work for everyone. I don't think this works for hardly anyone using an iPad.

It only seems to work for people getting the harp loop on iPhones.

I've been trying this for five days without any luck.
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited February 2013
    iPad 4 and iPhone 5 have seem to be the ones that work. Anything else just crashes after you leave it on the harp screen for too long.

Have you been to the other board? Been talked about to death, in a good way.
  • Troy711
    64 posts
    edited February 2013
    bkberry416 wrote:
    This doesn't work for everyone. I don't think this works for hardly anyone using an iPad.

Worked first time for me on iPad. Plus I scored just over 900 free donuts with the bonus glitch!
  • BerwynEd
    152 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    This doesn't work for most people. For me My iPad 3 runs out of memory and crashes after about 11 minutes of hanging on the Harp Freeze. Someone else said to let it hang on the freeze for 15 to 20 times. That too doesn't work for everyone . I just checked mt diagnostic reports and I had 29 crashes due to TSTO memory exceeded in the last 2.5 days. I must be an idiot to keep trying. I have not tried to run it on an iPhone 5 which has more memory but it is hard to believe that something that has bad code would fix itself by repeated use.
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited February 2013
    Try it on iPhone 5 or iPad 4 if you have access and report back. God Damn people the point of the thread is to read above you and then comment. Not put your two cents in without seeing what others have written.

Right. Why bother?

Sigh.

Back to other board.
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited February 2013
    The hell is up with the double post?

• BerwynEd
    152 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Thought this might be relevant
    Can confirm that with 4th Gen Ipad the game still crashes after 12mins at the loading screen. Not sure it matters if the ram is doubled or not.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/255/9300602.page

OK--so there are no reports on iPhone 5's not working.
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited February 2013
    BerwynEd wrote:
    Thought this might be relevant
    Can confirm that with 4th Gen Ipad the game still crashes after 12mins at the loading screen. Not sure it matters if the ram is doubled or not.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/255/9300602.page

OK--so there are no reports on iPhone 5's not working.

Copy. Any idea if they are on old iOs? Problem is not indicative of device yet high percentage of new gen devices with more memory are proving more reliable/usable than older.

I don't understand if problem is on server and we are virtually in same boat game-wise why are newer devices working whereas my older ones don't?

• gaffyh
    22 posts
    edited February 2013
    Doesn't work for me either, and the game isn't working on my iPad 2 or iPhone 4S which leads ,e to believe its an issue on EAs side. Also I am in the UK, wonder if that's an issue?
  • ianherrick
    102 posts
    edited February 2013
    Well, I didn't believe it either, but I was able to get in on a coworker's iPhone 5 after DAYS of trying on my iPad 2. I got in on the second try and got a huge 800+ donut bonus on the looping level up screen! I don't know how long I'll be in on the iPad 2, but the iPhone 5 trick is the only thing that worked for me! Amazing suggestion, thank you!!!

I also spent all my bonus donuts right away on premium items, I've got almost all the buildings now! I wanted to dump the donuts before EA figures it out and potentially takes them back. Locked out of my town for 4 days, bonus donuts like this seem an appropriate tax.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ItchyNutria
    58 posts
    edited February 2013
    Works for me!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.