EA Forums - Banner

HARP Sound Error after Tap to Log In....

13Next

Replies

• lennydonkey
    15 posts
    edited February 2013
    I've also been getting the harp error.
    Has anyone been able to contact or get a response from EA?

Two things I've done:
    1)If you've made in app purchases of donuts go to apple.com/contact and select itunes store support to report the loss of game (and lost money) directly to Apple

2) Be sure to go to itunes and leave negitive feedback and ratings. It affects iTunes rankings which is one of the few things developers care about.
  • bekyboo83
    36 posts
    edited February 2013
    Can't even get to 20 minutes, after about 10 the game crashes. I've tried it 4 times now to no avail.

Ditto - I'm at 6th try over 24 hours... no dice.
  • ksauceda8237
    54 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Ok. I've had the harp of death since Friday after I got Wiggum's house and completed a task to collect tax on my houses.

I'm using an iPad2 and have also tried to log in with my husband's iPod Touch (I think it's an iPod Touch 4).

Since then, I have deleted the app on both devices. Reset both devices then re-installed on both (I tried on iPad first then tried on iPod).

Sunday, I turned off the auto lock on my iPad then opened the app and let it chime for about 20 minutes before it crashed my device and returned it to the home page. I repeated the opening, chiming and crashing about 9-10 times to no avail.

Yesterday, I repeated the steps on my husband's iPod touch, but DID NOT have success. For good measure I tried again on the iPad 7-8 times. Still no success.

Today, I've been trying all day on the iPad2, but have not had success. (From what I've read, those using iPad3 or better or iPhone 4S or better eventually get in with this technique. For those of us using iPad2 or iPad mini or iPhone4 or older are just SOL, I guess).

I even deleted 85 friends hoping that would work...still no success!

On Saturday I sent an error report with EA Help, but have not heard any updates on my Case (#07737601).

EA please, please, PLEASE undo the last update. I have spent real cash on donuts to buy premium items. I want to continue playing. I want to add Shauna to my neighborhood before the time expires.

Why couldn't I have had the other error where I received 1000's of donuts?!? D'oh!!! :?
  • krakenit
    154 posts
    edited February 2013

Today, I've been trying all day on the iPad2, but have not had success. (From what I've read, those using iPad3 or better or iPhone 4S or better eventually get in with this technique. For those of us using iPad2 or iPad mini or iPhone4 or older are just SOL, I guess).

I even deleted 85 friends hoping that would work...still no success!

On Saturday I sent an error report with EA Help, but have not heard any updates on my Case (#07737601).

EA please, please, PLEASE undo the last update. I have spent real cash on donuts to buy premium items. I want to continue playing. I want to add Shauna to my neighborhood before the time expires.

Why couldn't I have had the other error where I received 1000's of donuts?!? D'oh!!! :?

Its iOS independent as the issue resides on their server systems.

The case I created today has a number about 40,000 higher than yours. I would assume the case number increases per case but its for all of their games due it to being the general help. Though 40,000 cases in three days will make them busy little beavers... No wonder they cant and don't respond. :?
  • icbeacon
    62 posts
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, this is completely and utterly ridiculous. It's as though the more money I spend on this stupid game, the worse it performs. I JUST threw down ANOTHER 20 dollars on donuts and as soon as I did i get stuck on the startup screen listening to a broken record full of chimes...for two days now. (grrrrrrrr) Has EA ever been straightforward with their answers to our questions? if I hear this #@$& thing chime one more time, this iPad is going through the window and I'm gonna have to go all "Angy Dad" on someone there at EA HQ.

FIX it EA...PLEASE!!! And how about some donuts in return for our troubles and for all of those donuts that mysteriously just disappeared from my account!
  • lennydonkey
    15 posts
    edited February 2013
    I don't believe these forums are looked at by anyone at EA. I have taken the following steps and would encourage anyone else having the frozen screen do the same:

1) Contact EA directly at https://help.ea.com/contact-us
    You will get a case number and a form letter, but at least it's something. I submitted to multiple catagories (i.e. Tech Support, Feedback, Billing)

2) If you've made in app purchases contact apple. I used the emailed receipt with a report a problem link. Inform them you've made a purchase but aren't able to use it because of the developers error.

3) Leave a negitive rating and review on iTunes. Game rankings are something devolpers care about because it effects placement on the home screen and best of lists, and negitives discourage new users.
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    hitcleanup wrote:
    Ok.. It seems crazy, but on the third try of just leaving it on and letting it run forever playing that harp of death music, my game loaded and everything appears to be where it should be.. even the stupid corn I am growing!!! only 6 hours left on that task and I would have been ticked to lose the last three months watching that thing grow...

yah right... You are full,of krap.
    Is there anyone out there?
  • JAZZFTW
    4 posts
    edited February 2013
    My account's user name rhetti is still frozen!
    I tried logging in on several different devices but they all freeze the same. My friend can log in on his! So why can't I?
  • KristinMJ78
    292 posts
    edited February 2013
    Have tried all of the following:

*Leaving phone charging while game runs on never ending harp of doom sound and auto lock is off. Have tried this probably 20 or so times since Sunday.

*uninstalling and reinstalling, multiple times.

*emailed EA, nothing yet. doubt anything will happen from it.

*Negative feedback on both the App store and Facebook

Going on Day 3 of Tapped Out Rehab... HELP!!!!! d'oh!
    Can log in to another account and play anonymously. This is an account issue for those who are maxed out in XP on level 26. They need to get this fixed and fast before we lose all our hearts that have been built up. (over 700 here with over 200 donuts)... so frustrated!
  • shady42036m
    6 posts
    edited February 2013
    Im soooooooooo ****. I spent like over $100 on this game just to * out on me. Ill think twice before investing in another orgin/ ea game.
  • borce1976
    34 posts
    edited February 2013
    Im soooooooooo ****. I spent like over $100 on this game just to * out on me. Ill think twice before investing in another orgin/ ea game.

Me too($80 though) disgraceful. I will contact apple itunes support to ask for money back if its not fixed by Friday.
  • Lixmo
    7 posts
    edited February 2013
    I had the same problem today.

I turn the auto lock off.
    start simpsons if the harp sound comes. WAIT.

I waited about 30 minutes. Then the game restarted and i come in.
  • timsullivan245
    38 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I have tried this auto lock thing three or four times, and the screen just reverts to the iPad home screen after 20 or 30 minutes. It does not work
  • discofreek
    1 posts
    edited February 2013
    How can I spend my hearts if I can't log in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Grief!
  • DeepBlueRealm
    9 posts
    edited February 2013
    EA... Please update your customers. Is that too much to ask? At least something to let us know that your are still working on it or something... For love of Homer. Please!!!!
  • stevieort
    615 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Luckily I had access to someone's iPhone 5 and I was FINALLY able to get past the Harp Freeze and access my Springfield. Also got the Bonus Donut glitch. This was after builing the Wiggum house. Wonder if the issue will happen again after I've built El Chemistri...
  • shl4wine
    12 posts
    edited February 2013
    Be sure to vote in the freeze poll in the General Discussion tab! Let EA know just how bad this has gotten.
  • Glorfindle79
    9 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'm seriously getting fed up with ea, first I lost my entire town and had to restart it, and now I have the harp of death, if I have to restart the game again I'm through, I'll never play the bloody game again. It's a shame because when its working its am awesome game, but now, well not happy.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.