EA Forums - Banner

Harp freeze: anyone found a solution?

Prev1
aa_mailing wrote:
Hi

I have the harp freeze problem (when you start the game and tap to continue, the splash screen freezes, the doughnut in the bottom right corner stops spinning, and a harp chord is repetitively sounded).

I have tried quitting the app and restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling, switch iPhone off and on, and various combinations thereof, all without success.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

I posted this in another thread, you'll need to find an iPhone 5 for it to work.
mwdalton wrote:
Just got back in, and got about 900 donuts after tapping through hundreds of bonus levels.

I used an iPhone 5, that seems to do the trick for most people. You just gotta find a friend or someone who has one!

I borrowed one from a friend for about an hour, installed the app, and left it on the load screen for about 15 mins, then it gets you to accept donuts (it took me about 30mins to accept them all) then I was back in. I haven't tried to get back into my iPad yet, but I assume I will be able to. The infinite loop seems to have broken!

Edit: During the 15mins on the load screen, you'll either need to tap the screen periodically, or turn auto lock to 'never' in the general settings on the iphone.

I've since gotten back into my iPad, and it's been working perfectly, and I'm also about 900 donuts richer.

Replies

• ianherrick
    102 posts
    edited February 2013
    I can confirm this, a borrowed iPhone 5 was the only device able to get me back in (and get a huge donut bonus). If you don't know anyone that will let you borrow theirs, go find your local Mapple...er Apple Store and play with a display model.
  • sk3ly
    61 posts
    edited February 2013
    yup, i can also confirm this "fix" i had been locked out for 6 days and probably tried the waiting game around 100 times - today i borrowed my mates i5 and bingo crash fixed and 1000+ donuts to boot - now very happy with the whole affair - strongly reccomend doing this as soon as you can as their will be a fix at some point and i feel that any user who has suffered this locked out thing should quite rightly exploit the rewards!!!!
  • aa_mailing
    13 posts
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the advice.

I should be able to borrow an iPhone 5 tonight; I'll let you know how I fare (I'm quite excited at the prospect of hundreds of doughnuts, especially since I've wasted loads by tapping too quickly and not being quick enough to cancel).
  • rathmann72
    130 posts
    edited February 2013
    i can also confirm this "fix" just spent 12 min on the loading screen, 35 min on collecting 1050 free donuts :mrgreen:
  • OMAHGOONESS
    108 posts
    edited February 2013
    Yep iPhone 5 seems to be the only iOS device that will break the harp loop. Tried with previous iphone versions and all iPad versions and none of them worked.
  • grahamjarvo
    4 posts
    edited February 2013
    I fixed my harp of death last night by downloading the app on my iphone 4, (usually play on ipad mini) turning the auto lock/sleep option off, running the game and leaving it but periodically touching the screen and turning the volume on to make sure I was still getting the harp noise and my phone hadn't crashed.

The harp noise got quicker then after 30 minutes my town loaded, no billion doughnuts like some people are claiming but all still working fine 18 hours later.

Hope this post might help others that are stuck!
  • rathmann72
    130 posts
    edited February 2013
    grahamjarvo are your town lvl 26 ? think you need be to get the lvl bonus.
  • grahamjarvo
    4 posts
    edited February 2013
    Yep I'm level 26, not to worried about the doughnut bug though free doughnuts would be nice just happy to get back into the game!
  • rathmann72
    130 posts
    edited February 2013
    Guess i where just "lucky" then
  • stevieort
    605 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Confirmed that an iPhone 5 seems to do the trick, and I got the Bonus Donut glitch, too, about 850, or so, donuts before the iPhone ran out of juice and shut down (mid-Donut collecting). I was FINALLY able to log on via my iPad. Crazy and so, so annoying. I really lucked out in that an iPhone 5 was made available to me.

And thanks for all the posters on this board that led me to that!! :D
  • aa_mailing
    13 posts
    edited February 2013
    aa_mailing wrote:
    Thanks for the advice.

I should be able to borrow an iPhone 5 tonight; I'll let you know how I fare (I'm quite excited at the prospect of hundreds of doughnuts, especially since I've wasted loads by tapping too quickly and not being quick enough to cancel).

IT WORKED!

I waited about 12 minutes on the splash screen, then when my town loaded, I was stuck on the doughnut bonus for about 25 minutes. About 800 doughnuts later, the game closed itself. When I restarted it, everything was normal and I had hundreds of free doughnuts (now all spent :lol: ). I've subsequently played on my old iPhone and no problems.

Thanks to everyone for the advice!
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    aa_mailing wrote:
    aa_mailing wrote:
    Thanks for the advice.

IT WORKED!

I waited about 12 minutes on the splash screen, then when my town loaded, I was stuck on the doughnut bonus for about 25 minutes. About 800 doughnuts later, the game closed itself. When I restarted it, everything was normal and I had hundreds of free doughnuts (now all spent :lol: ). I've subsequently played on my old iPhone and no problems.

Thanks to everyone for the advice!

Good to hear! No worries! :D
  • 1VolMan
    210 posts
    edited February 2013
    Just tried to play and got the harp. Was po'd but am now salivating at the though of doughnuts. Mmmmm, Donuts.

I have a 5 so I'm trying now. Been harping for about 10 minutes. Will let you know how it turns out.

As I'm writing...harp got quicker for a minute then the app crashed. I reopened and am now listening to the harp again.

While I'm waiting....I've had a problem where I haven't been able to access friend requests or request a friend. I deleted a number of deadbeat friends so I'm in the 80's, not the full 100. It says I have 211 requests pending. Anyone else have this issue?
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    1VolMan wrote:
    Just tried to play and got the harp. Was po'd but am now salivating at the though of doughnuts. Mmmmm, Donuts.

I have a 5 so I'm trying now. Been harping for about 10 minutes. Will let you know how it turns out.

As I'm writing...harp got quicker for a minute then the app crashed. I reopened and am now listening to the harp again.

The fix seems to work because the latest iphone and ipad have more RAM memory. Try force-quitting all apps (including the Simpsons App) first in the multitask menu, then try the game again.
  • 1VolMan
    210 posts
    edited February 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    1VolMan wrote:

The fix seems to work because the latest iphone and ipad have more RAM memory. Try force-quitting all apps (including the Simpsons App) first in the multitask menu, then try the game again.

I did. Also turned auto lock off and plugged it in just to be safe. I'm optimistically hopeful.
  • shockman85
    265 posts
    edited February 2013
    Sorry, but this is effing pathetic that the only fix available is to find an iPhone 5. EA knows about this so why don't they just * fix it!!!!!!

:evil:
  • 1VolMan
    210 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'm back in. Only got 3 doughnuts.

Thanks for the help ITT.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    shockman85 wrote:
    Sorry, but this is effing pathetic that the only fix available is to find an iPhone 5. EA knows about this so why don't they just * fix it!!!!!!

:evil:

They will fix it...eventually. If you don't wanna wait that long, this seems to be the workaround. I was just glad to be back in my own Springfield, whatever it took.
  • frankenjacko
    237 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Been struggling with this for a week. No fixes working. No response to help request from EA. The Simpons Tapped Out FB bragging about the new Heart grinder. Absolutely terrible business practices.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Been struggling with this for a week. No fixes working. No response to help request from EA. The Simpons Tapped Out FB bragging about the new Heart grinder. Absolutely terrible business practices.

So you've tried an iPhone 5, and it still hasn't let you in?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!